The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I remember enjoying Nocturnal Animals but it seems like so long ago that I need to rewatch as I forgot lots of details. The story within a story thing was confusing at times iirc.

Also gonna check out that The Next Three Days movie which completely flew under the radar for me. Pretty surprising with the cast that I have no recollection of it ever coming out. Did it bomb at the box office?

D334F899-57F9-4F2E-B22F-6E59D2D12DA8.jpeg

I just watched the trailer... uhhh... I guess I'll try lol. idk though

Btw, could be completely unrelated show, but I am grouping it with Bridgerton, is Downtown Abbey a must watch? I remember hearing so much about it

I figured
I just watched the trailer... uhhh... I guess I'll try lol. idk though

Btw, could be completely unrelated show, but I am grouping it with Bridgerton, is Downtown Abbey a must watch? I remember hearing so much about it

When Bridgerton dropped first thought was Netflix' answer to Downton Abbey. Immediate pass... Abbey is not bad, Females seem to like it alot more than men, at work when we'd have our water cooler talk about GOT, It always got brought up as second best show out... I made it though maybe 2 or 3 seasons, and it took me months binging it to around season 3... God its slow. I never fall asleep watching TV much, but this had me noddin' off most episodes. Finally gave up, chicks at work would talk about it at work like it was the female Game of thrones, before before season 7 and 8. No interest in Bridgeton for me. Is it a period piece, historical drama, both, or something entirely different? Not like I'm going to watch it. Just curious. 🤣🤣

White Tiger was solid. A few things could have been done better and the end felt rushed but I enjoyed it. Lead actor killed it.

White Tiger was solid. A few things could have been done better and the end felt rushed but I enjoyed it. Lead actor killed it.

Probaly would have won some awards, but I bet the budget held it back. It was really good just felt unpolished.

Probaly would have won some awards, but I bet the budget held it back. It was really good just felt unpolished.

Could have cut out 15 mins of the first half and added them to the last half. The nephew aspect was a lot bigger in the book apparently but I would have liked to see him more after the incident than what we saw.

Could have cut out 15 mins of the first half and added them to the last half. The nephew aspect was a lot bigger in the book apparently but I would have liked to see him more after the incident than what we saw.

I've not read the book, I plan on it now. The nephew, just seemed out of place (my uncle here actually raised his brother's boy (my cousin, 6 months older than me), because his parents couldn't afford it. Not nitpicking still really good and all probably pretty factual with the family culture. One of the better movies I've seen on Netflix, and probably the best movie I watched over the weekend hands down. He just didn't fit in the movie at least... the culture yes probably. The family scenes were a bit cringe, but familiar. I'm bi racial, Lebanese on my dads side, and thats literally how they act everytime we visit. "Can you give me some $$$, you're rich you live in America" My dads uncles, aunts, cousins, brothers, and even parents hound him for money everytime (to the point he's said he's not going back EVER again). 🤣 And he's more than comfortable, but not like that... then when he visits they want him to move back, and help run their business'. 🤣 (ones a candy shop)🤣 Yet there is no money in Lebanon, their dollar has no value, the government went broke way before the explosion and especially after this year with the explosion there's even been talks of China buying Lebanon 😪. Not to mention the Christian, and Muslim population despise each other. Probably more than in the U.S. Beautiful country though, you could be in the mountains with snow, and and hour later be at the beach. My cousins my age who swore they'd never leave are moving here, and Egypt... country just fell apart. Sorry for the rant, movie just kinda hit home for me.

Watched The Next Three Days a few nights back and man was I underwhelmed. The pacing was incredibly slow, story didn't make too much sense, very unrealistic premise and to top it off those cops/authorities seemed really idiotic. I can see why this one went under the radar. For a thriller with Crowe I was expecting so much more. Plus the strong casting also had my expectations high. You're telling me the wife couldn't give her accounts of what really happened and no one even tried to see her side of it?!?! Then the one detective nearly figures it out but oh we couldn't actually find the button so I'll throw my theory out the window smh. I dunno this movie just missed the mark on so many level for me. #Endrant

Damn, I really need another studio, hopefully HBO, to pick up Warrior. Glad we got that last fight but theres so much story left.

I really hate Sophia. I wanted to see Penny found out that she was directly involved in the bombing. Does she even know how her pops died? Need her to die and I'd like Penny to do it.

Damn, I really need another studio, hopefully HBO, to pick up Warrior. Glad we got that last fight but theres so much story left.

I really hate Sophia. I wanted to see Penny found out that she was directly involved in the bombing. Does she even know how her pops died? Need her to die and I'd like Penny to do it.
I posted it awhile ago..HBO max grabbed it from Cinemax

Yeah, sophia is trash and a trash sister. Wish Penny bae beat her down. It really irks me when a character who seems decent hooks up with a killer and racist. Kinda surprised that Ah Sahm and Penny bae didn't get back together, not even for a brief hookup. She had me thirsting in season 1 when she showed her perky boobs and golden bush. Sucks he lost Vega, she was fire.

Back
Top Bottom