--- THE OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS THREAD --- OFFSEASON THREAD

What Are You Concerned About Heading Into This Season???

• Brady turning 40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety

• Gostkowski

• Total voters
Clinched 
smokin.gif

man...went to Mile High and took care of bidness in a hat & tshirt game. clinched. set ourselves up REAL nice for the #1 seed. this team is trending up at the right time.

defense defense defense. ******* stellar. i know it was Trev but they were awesome. shut the run down. got pressure rushing 3 and 4 guys. forced turnovers. awesome ****, man. Flowers has come on REAL strong. Sheard was causing problems. Rowe on DT88 was great. Logan made a play. and D-Mac really a force in the back today.

special teams was on fire. brian allen pinning them inside the 15 multiple times. Ghost hitting on all opportunities. and the muff recovery. great job.

offense on paper was blah but they really did well considering the venue and defense they faced. they moved the chains. even when they didn't get points, they had decent drives to totally flip the field position. TB12 recovered from a shaky start to make some great throws. Jules was HUGE today and got his head outta his ***. Marty, Hogan, and Mitchell made some plays. the trio of backs did well running and catching.

good ****. let's blow the Jets doors off next week and lock some **** up :pimp:

ESPN stated that if we and the Raiders end up with the same record, they will get the tiebreak???

We really need that #1 seed.

doesn't mean anything too significant...but your 2016 Pats Pro Bowlers:

Brady
McCourty
Slater
Hightower

if i had to name a snub or two: Butler for sure. maybe Blount.

Clinching the 1 seed might actually come down to week 17 this year :nerd:

doesn't mean anything too significant...but your 2016 Pats Pro Bowlers:

Brady
McCourty
Slater
Hightower

if i had to name a snub or two: Butler for sure. maybe Blount.

Good to see Hightower get his first selection. I agree on Butler being snubbed.

All four will have obligations to tend to the Sunday following the Pro Bowl though. It'll be a shame that Hightower will miss that trip to Hawaii.

Last edited:
no Hightower or Slater today. good idea to rest em.

Cyrus the virus back in the lineup :stoneface:

thought this was too cool not to share.

for christmas my gf gave me this little book with open ended statements that have to do with "awesome".

there's maybe like 50 pages that she filled in about me/us and this was one of the pages

View media item 2275506
...i hope we pull out all the cheats down the stretch i'm gonna be sweating every game hoping we make it

:pimp: that's awesome, man. you got a keeper right there

yea that was the best. we go every year but she was trolling me for a while saying we weren't gonna be able to go this year.

i hate to see things happen to guys like Carr but i can't say it doesn't help us big the way things are shaping up

I'm hoping we can go ahead and wrap up this 1 seed next week.

Looking ahead, the Chiefs do look good, but I don't trust Andy Reid and Alex Smith to do enough to win at Gillette. The Steelers on the other hand scare the *^#% out of me.

How do you guys feel about these other teams courting Mcdaniels and Patricia for HC jobs?

In a perfect world they don't leave but if they're strongly considering it, does our window close after this year ?

How do you guys feel about these other teams courting Mcdaniels and Patricia for HC jobs?

In a perfect world they don't leave but if they're strongly considering it, does our window close after this year ?

i don't mind patricia leaving at all. josh i would hate to see go.

but the thing that bugs me the most is them having to interview during our playoff run. and if hired, they even start on the new job immediately. that **** bugs me. wish it could wait until february.

but the thing that bugs me the most is them having to interview during our playoff run. and if hired, they even start on the new job immediately. that **** bugs me. wish it could wait until february.

not to go down the whole "in bill i trust" road but concerning the matter of those 2 guys interviewing i would imagine not so much bill but even for them i think they'll set their boundaries with other teams, a lot because of how high demand they are. i think i read that there's really nobody ahead of Josh on the potential head coach list.

so hopefully they can use that to their advantage in terms of it not interfering with playoff preparations.

not to go down the whole "in bill i trust" road but concerning the matter of those 2 guys interviewing i would imagine not so much bill but even for them i think they'll set their boundaries with other teams, a lot because of how high demand they are. i think i read that there's really nobody ahead of Josh on the potential head coach list.

so hopefully they can use that to their advantage in terms of it not interfering with playoff preparations.

hope so, man. i know teams love to get the decision finalized ASAP to start on personnel changes and planning for the draft. but hope you're right. hope they focus. especially Patricia. Josh is a known stud, but Patricia will have a bit more competition IMO

hope so, man. i know teams love to get the decision finalized ASAP to start on personnel changes and planning for the draft. but hope you're right. hope they focus. especially Patricia. Josh is a known stud, but Patricia will have a bit more competition IMO
I know both Tom and Bill expressed their support in Josh getting a HC gig.

Tom said something along the lines that as much as he loves him in NE he would fully support his move.

And i think it was last year, when the Giants had that small window where Caughlin was out and they didnt name Macadoo yet...

Bill basically said hed pretty much make Josh take the job because you barely get 1 shot at HC let alone 2.

With that being said though I havent heard anything about Patricia.

Maybe they know hes best suited to stay even for his own well being and theyll stay neutral at best when asked about him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom