--- THE OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS THREAD --- OFFSEASON THREAD

What Are You Concerned About Heading Into This Season???

• Brady turning 40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety

• Gostkowski

• Total voters
on no...Danny....

200.gif

Good for him. He got off to a rocky start here with all the nagging injuries. But he more than made up for it in the postseasons :nthat:

I don't think it's a huge loss TBH. Assuming we have a healthy Cooks, Edelman, Hogan, MM, Britt, ; Gronk comes back... combined with the pass catching ability of our backs...I'm cool with that. Plenty of offense.

Just beef up the secondary. Please.

yeah it would need to be pretty modest of an offer given the injury history.

the issue is that it's not a straight replacement for danny but at the same time, assuming jules is back 100% you don't need to replace danny straight up.

danny was just so damn clutch in the playoffs, though. god damn

Fo'real, man. I wish I didn't know he was going to be a FA while he was doing work in the playoffs. My friend had to bring it up! :lol: I was really impressed with the kind of workload he had to shoulder with Hoagie/Dorsett/Cooks' inconsistencies.

Jordy/Edelman/MM/Cookie/Hoagie/Britt/Dorssett ain't too bad.

Hopefully we get Suh, LBs, and CBs. We need to reinforce that D!

We do know Tom loves his white wideouts :lol:

Didn't realize he was 32. Thought he was more like 29.

Wow.

What's striking to me is that Brady only had Light and Solder on his blindside for the majority of his career. Goes to show the importance of LTs

Are there anymore FAs still available? Feels like everyone's being taken. Suh and Jordy on good deals and I'm good.

Yup! Just read into the details. I guess the Giants saw something we didn't for Solder to worth THAT much. I'm not even mad the contract is definitely going to help his family out.

man i dunno if y'all listen to felger and mazz regularly, but check out today's show. felger and mazz both out but the b squad had bedard on the show. and while bedard seems to think we're still fine, i dunno...might be time to sound the alarm. check out the first couple hours. once they get done addressing the solder talk (although that probably is part of it)...they turn to Brady and what's going on with him in terms of where his head MAY be at. not good. and kind of disappointing and annoying (directed at Hoodie)

more tidbits from Bedard on why our FA period so far has been a "dud"...he talks about how any true FA you lose gives you a compensatory pick and any true FA you sign wipes out that pick. the Patriots typically look to sign guys that get released rather than the ones that are true FAs so they can keep a decent stock of those compensatory picks, which they can use to move around in the draft. he's not saying it's the right or wrong move, just trying to explain the logic in why the Pats have been and typically are quiet in FA. last year's FA was an exception.

I understand that logic because to sign a good player, we would also lose a 3rd round pick. Suh and honey badger were both cut so they would fit perfectly with that. I would be shocked if we even got serious with either though.

Very frustrating FA start. Feel like we've gotten worse in multiple areas while not improving anywhere and it's getting dry out there. I'm hoping for some type of impact trade for a good DE/LB.

We get Hightower and edelman back, but the gronk question mark makes me uneasy. Wish he'd hurry up and decide either way.

man i dunno if y'all listen to felger and mazz regularly, but check out today's show. felger and mazz both out but the b squad had bedard on the show. and while bedard seems to think we're still fine, i dunno...might be time to sound the alarm. check out the first couple hours. once they get done addressing the solder talk (although that probably is part of it)...they turn to Brady and what's going on with him in terms of where his head MAY be at. not good. and kind of disappointing and annoying (directed at Hoodie)

You mean like when he co-signed Gronk's IG post telling Dola to "be free and happy?"

Definitely shots at BB.

Yeah I heard them talking about that and the kicker being that all three of them align with Guerrero :smh:

Back
Top Bottom