The Official NFL Uniform thread 2009-2010 [JAGS UNI ADDED/ 49ERS NEW SECONDARY LOGO]

Originally Posted by finnns2003

the rumors remain that miami is changing something, but no one knows anything. sucks, i hope we tweak the helmets like the madden screenshots

nerd.gif

I was really excited to see the niners go back to the old jerseys, and I have to say I'm really disappointed. It comes down to 3 things (this will seemreally anal to most people, but I'm overly picky about aesthetics). here's a comparison, the '08 alternate is what I was hoping for, it's aperfect replica of the old montana era jerseys

classic jerseys
topper-montana.jpg

'08 alternates
lrg-326-lawsonsingletaryduckett.jpg

comparison
16i7ia0.jpg

1. the helmet logo didn't go back to the old one

1000.gif

999.gif

the old version is so much cleaner, the extra gold circle and the diagonal shadow on the sf clutter it

2. tv numbers on top of the shoulder instead of on the upper arm. if this was the only change, it wouldn't be that bad, but I don't know why theymessed with it all

3. 49ers wordmark on the chest. It's hard for me to explain why I detest wordmarks on the front of jerseys. When I look at a football jersey I don'twant to see words on the front, I should already know which team it is. It's as if the jersey is dumbed down, or the organization is overmarketing itself .The browns have a wordmark on their regular jerseys, but not on their alternate throwbacks, and to me it makes a huge difference in the cleanliness of thejersey. Also, just the overall font looks bad, I don't like the underlining at all
p5898998dt.jpg

these may all seem like small points (and of course, they are), but it bothers me that they couldn't have just gone full time with the '08 alternates,which are basically perfect duplicates of the old jerseys. Instead, they messed with a good thing and made small changes, all for the worse (I just noticed, nostripes on the socks = boo)

what could have been
willisx-large.jpg

Those niners jerseys are just awful.

I thought they were going back to the classic look. Hope their jersey sales are low this year.

I'm glad we didn't go with exact same throwback jerseys. I wanted a mixture of old and new and I think they did a perfect job. I like how they slimmeddown the stripes on the side of the pants, they were just too thick on the throwbacks. I think the newer 49er logo as opposed to the old one. I think the goldring makes it look better, I never liked the black ring right after the red. The gold ring makes it look more modern. Overall I like them a lot and have nocomplaints.

Back
Top Bottom