The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

I don't understand these quality complaints. Real leather is going to show the fibers and be rough around the outline where it was cut. The mudgard is clearly a step up from the 2010s and the rest of the shoe is synthetic suede and mesh like every other infrared 90 has been. That's fine if you don't like the mesh, but none of the retros in the last decade+ have had the same mesh as the originals and it's not like it's lesser quality just because it's different from the 2010s. The vintage pack used the exact same mesh. I'm also looking at my 2010s right now and the infrared behind the tongue, the plastic infrared pieces, and the midsole infrared paint are all different shades. Every single retro of these ever has had a variation in infrared and the shades of grey from one release to the next and this isn't the first time they didn't put infrared behind the tongue. It's a never ending cycle. If you go find the 2010 thread it's full of people saying how bad they were compared to the HOA's.
Yup.

My only complaint is I wished they would have included the infrared lined tongue.  Regardless I'm copping, just hoping the midsole doesn't start cracking immediately like my 2010 pair.

BTW, the originals had the synthetic mudguard. The leather will hold up much better...unless you don't like wrinkles(a complaint I've never understood by some people)

Last edited:
People expect too much from Nike. This has been going for years. It shouldn't be a surprise. Just to follow up on that, the quality from what I've seen isn't as bad a described a few post back.

so basically the only difference between this year's release and the past is that the color is more of a true red vs an infrared. thats fine with me, i still love the colorblocking and the shoe itself. it wouldve been nice if the mudguard had the same leather as the 2012s, but again im not buggin. the mesh is fine with me too, since i actually like the 2012s a lot. im still gonna cop. some of you guys are far too nit picky. we're talking about $120 air maxes not some ferragamos.

I don't understand these quality complaints. Real leather is going to show the fibers and be rough around the outline where it was cut. The mudgard is clearly a step up from the 2010s and the rest of the shoe is synthetic suede and mesh like every other infrared 90 has been. That's fine if you don't like the mesh, but none of the retros in the last decade+ have had the same mesh as the originals and it's not like it's lesser quality just because it's different from the 2010s. The vintage pack used the exact same mesh. I'm also looking at my 2010s right now and the infrared behind the tongue, the plastic infrared pieces, and the midsole infrared paint are all different shades. Every single retro of these ever has had a variation in infrared and the shades of grey from one release to the next and this isn't the first time they didn't put infrared behind the tongue. It's a never ending cycle. If you go find the 2010 thread it's full of people saying how bad they were compared to the HOA's.

BRAVO!! BRAVO & BRAVO AGAIN!!!! [emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

for those that have already copped the 2015s, hows the fit compared to the 2012s or the denims? im hoping they arent as narrow as the recent releases.

Wheres AMD with future releases? This thread has gone haywire with much to much.

the AM90 releases have reached their climax, i think 90% from the early releases

what i have posted the last half year is already out

now its just waiting at nike for some new releases, we are almost half way this year

we have already been spoiled with the best releases

hopefully nike will have some more quality releases for us

but tbh i doubt that, i think its time to go back at the GR stuff

Last edited:
the AM90 releases have reached their climax, i think 90% from the early releases
what i have posted the last half year is already out
now its just waiting at nike for some new releases, we are almost half way this year
we have already been spoiled with the best releases
hopefully nike will have some more quality releases for us
but tbh i doubt that, i think its time to go back at the GR stuff

Yeah, I can deal with that. Think the only pair Ill be after is the Blue Graphite suede joints that were posted pages back. Other than that, Ill probably snag Infra15z and fade off for a minute or so. Then continue to filter out some current GR pairs on discounted price.

EDIT: These here
View media item 1535488

Last edited:
i havent even bought a pair since the denims. nothing has really caught my eye lately. too many gimmicks and overdoing a concept.

I wonder if any spots near me have them for sale already.
nerd.gif

Walked in Finish Line.  Wasn't expecting to see them.  I went in there to grab some laces. That's when I saw the Flips.  Then I asked if he had the regulars also.  He grabbed both and knocked off $20 for me.

This is the first pair of Air Maxes I've bought in a while.  Every time the infrareds retro, I always forget about them and my size will sell out.

At first glance the quality is okay to me.  

How's 120 for a NDS 2010 Infrared AM90s? Is that about what these go for? I had a pair back then that I destroyed at a music festival! So want another pair.

Just got back from the mall and the girl in finishline showed me a pair of the Infrareds but they cant sell the shoes until Monday, they look damn good. I feel like people complain just for the sake of complaining :lol: ...I was gonna pass but definitely picking up a pair now.

Last edited:
Man it's been like 15 mins since they released the InfraReds and they nearly all sold out online. I'm gonna try to grab mine from a store in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom