The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Someone school me.

The last 90 pick up I got was the 2015 Infrareds in a hlaf size bigger than tts. I'm trying on some essentials in tts and they feel fine. So what's everyone's feedback on the fit of 90s to this date?
I don't know about schooling you but I know I'm a 10.5 and lately I have to buy half size up just to be comfortable seems like they making 10.5 to tight for me

never got any problems with sizing, im buying my size 8 for years now
every pair of your 90s fits the same?  i dont believe this sorcery.  i have 3 pairs from 2006 that fit like 9s.  all my mesh toebox (prior to essentials) are 10s but fit tts.  now essentials fit right.  

every pair of your 90s fits the same?  i dont believe this sorcery.  i have 3 pairs from 2006 that fit like 9s.  all my mesh toebox (prior to essentials) are 10s but fit tts.  now essentials fit right.  
i have pairs from 2001 that i even still fit, and am90s from 2003 and before have way more padding in the shoe compared to the am90s from now, older releases are more snuggy but the length has always been the same for all my nike shoes in all those years

i have pairs from 2001 that i even still fit, and am90s from 2003 and before have way more padding in the shoe compared to the am90s from now, older releases are more snuggy but the length has always been the same for all my nike shoes in all those years
okay well this clarifies a bit.  im a bit neurotic when it comes to fit.  im just now letting go of hating a "snug" feeling. are you the type to remove or add an insole to make it work?  because if you are, we are in diff leagues.  my ocd is on level 9.8 out of 10 still, so "fits good enough" isnt something i can tolerate.  hence this whole rant i have you guys roped into.  my half size up 2015 infrareds feel right.  its the same diff in diff type shoes.  are you also a a size 9 in 95s, 97s, 180s and amp?   the only runner i have definitively decided that is inconsistent on me is am 90.  

Last edited:

okay well this clarifies a bit.  im a bit neurotic when it comes to fit.  im just now letting go of hating a "snug" feeling. are you the type to remove or add an insole to make it work?  because if you are, we are in diff leagues.  my ocd is on level 9.8 out of 10 still, so "fits good enough" isnt something i can tolerate.  hence this whole rant i have you guys roped into.  my half size up 2015 infrareds feel right.  its the same diff in diff type shoes.  are you also a a size 9 in 95s, 97s, 180s and amp?   the only runner i have definitively decided that is inconsistent on me is am 90.  
im a tts 8 in am1/90/95/tn/aml but i can also wear sz 7.5 or 8.5, but the majority of my shoes are sz 8 and second would be sz 7.5, and 8.5 i only buy for older and hard to find releases, i like the way how small shoes look, thats why i will never buy new releases in sz 8.5 because they are easy accessible

Last edited:

okay well this clarifies a bit.  im a bit neurotic when it comes to fit.  im just now letting go of hating a "snug" feeling. are you the type to remove or add an insole to make it work?
i never add or remove insoles from my shoes, i like to keep everything OG

no aftermarket insoles for me, i tried those soles instore once and they felt strange so now i hate those things

Last edited:
Finally got the last pair in the mail. Last pair of Air Max 90s in a while... until I figure out how to get some of them NikeID ones over here. :lol:

12788924_10153504436238736_704478090_o.jpg

12787616_10153504436258736_139492348_o.jpg

View media item 1932197All 3 fit differently. OG seems to feel the best, comfort-wise.

Last edited:
Im looking to pick up the Infrared AM90s... do they fit true to size? I have weird feet... my left foot is like a 9 and right foot is 8.5 lol. Size up, down or TTS? What do you guys suggest? Surprised these are still sitting in stores as well. I guess they mad a ****load of them.

Im looking to pick up the Infrared AM90s... do they fit true to size? I have weird feet... my left foot is like a 9 and right foot is 8.5 lol. Size up, down or TTS? What do you guys suggest? Surprised these are still sitting in stores as well. I guess they mad a ****load of them.

Might want to "page' back , a few posts about sizing. As for me, Ive been going TTS since dirt.

After seeing @modzzilla post the phantom I immediately called my footlocker and the manager already knew I was getting them so he took a pic letting me know he put them aside for me and another new release for me cause he knows I'll buy it. Glad to have people like him.
2f06jkj.jpg

Did you see them Purps in person yet? Curious to know if the soles have purple used on the soles :nerd:

Might want to "page' back , a few posts about sizing. As for me, Ive been going TTS since dirt.

Thanks will take a look. Right now I'm stuck with 3 pair of the AM95s neon in size 9. I normally wear a 9 but they fit tight. Wanted to make sure the 90s aren't the same thing.

Just got my infa orange in from End but they sent me the wrong size they gave me a uk 11 instead of uk 10 so I may just sell the 11 and wait for my 10 to arrive this week from them.

Just got my infa orange in from End but they sent me the wrong size they gave me a uk 11 instead of uk 10 so I may just sell the 11 and wait for my 10 to arrive this week from them.
ahh what a bummer.  sorry to hear man.  at least you got another coming. 

That sucks. Sounds like they already made things right though. END is without a doubt one of the best shops to order from. I receive stuff from them quicker than 90% of the shops in the states.

Back
Top Bottom