THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

^^^ np. I think I saw the writing on another pair of ADs so I'm assuming the snippet we are talking about is still about her.

They've been on sale for $120 or so for a while now and haven't sold out.

It's probably more of a trend thing than performance. Running shoes are the "it" casual shoe to wear these days.

Heck we had a discussion in the lebron 14 thread and a dude said basketball shoes should only be worn to run errands if worn casually.

Besides that, I do think part of it is price, because Kyrie's and PG's have sold better than KD's, Lebron's and Kobe's.

I don't see Kyrie's going for $79, and they start at $120.

It's probably more of a trend thing than performance. Running shoes are the "it" casual shoe to wear these days.

Heck we had a discussion in the lebron 14 thread and a dude said basketball shoes should only be worn to run errands if worn casually.

Besides that, I do think part of it is price, because Kyrie's and PG's have sold better than KD's, Lebron's and Kobe's.

I don't see Kyrie's going for $79, and they start at $120.

Kyries are $79 as we speak

Last edited:
Not saying it's not true, but I haven't seen a KD sell out. I'm not even sure if any of them have been more limited than others, because they don't sell out I've at least seen some of the limited Kobe's and Lebron's sell out. I see a whole section of KD's since December still in the mall for cheap. Same with Kobe's, and they already have AD's at outlets.

Meanwhile I've seen Kyrie's and PG's slowly disappear.

Price definitely plays a part. Just like with us, we'll say we aren't going to pay retail for a sneaker and we say we'll get if it gets down to a certain price.

Last edited:
Not saying it's not true, but I haven't seen a KD sell out. I'm not even sure if any of them have been more limited than others, because they don't sell out I've at least seen some of the limited Kobe's and Lebron's sell out. I see a whole section of KD's since December still in the mall for cheap. Same with Kobe's, and they already have AD's at outlets.

Price definitely plays a part. Just like with us, we'll say we aren't going to pay retail for a sneaker and we say we'll get if it gets down to a certain price.

i never said price doesn't pay a part.
I'm saying that $120 isn't the sweet spot for these because they aren't selling out at that.

nike basketball sales are down 35%

Kobe aint the only one to go on discount, I think lebrons went on discount faster than these did :lol:
where did you get that figure from and what do you think is causing that strong of a decrease in sales? I was thinking with all their price reductions across the line and the fact that most shoes don't seem to be sitting too much that they would be doing good now. for example with the lebron 14s they still haven't gone on clearance and most sizes aren't available on ndc.. I remember with the 13s last year those were sitting in like full size runs

anyways is it not worth copping the FTS kobes for 20% off + 15% ebates? how cheap can these get.. may be better to just wait if they're gonna go down to like $80! 

matt Powell

basketball sales have been piss poor for a few years now

put kobe's back at $120 and they'll go back up :smokin

by the time a shoe goes on sale for under $120 it's irrelevant and most people do not want it anymore because there's something new/better out there that you want to wait for to see if it goes on sale. it's just a cycle.

to be honest i just wish we had nikeid for $140 like the good old days

I have heard some say that kDs shoes aren't doing well due to him going to golden state. Anyways i've bought the elites and regular ones.. I just like the look of the shoe

I haven't considered wearing a modern basketball shoe casually probably since the Lebron 7-8 I forget but they had that dope solar red colorway. If you take a basketball shoe thats basically a running shoe (Kobes for example) they're gonna be a lot more expensive when compared to runners everytime.

Plus, since I actually play ball, I'm hesitant to dirty and wear down the bottoms for on court.

Anyone that balls in these, do you experience pain in the forefoot area?

What would cause this pain? I went half size up cause my true size was too tight.

Anyone that balls in these, do you experience pain in the forefoot area?

What would cause this pain? I went half size up cause my true size was too tight.

Nope never experienced this in mine

What's crazy about the AD's is somehow Nike must have found a way to figure out how to make their clear soled shoes have great traction. These things are sticky as hell on the court...sometimes almost too sticky :lol: my foot has gotten stuck on the court and I almost turned my whole ankle

I haven't considered wearing a modern basketball shoe casually probably since the Lebron 7-8 I forget but they had that dope solar red colorway. If you take a basketball shoe thats basically a running shoe (Kobes for example) they're gonna be a lot more expensive when compared to runners everytime.

Plus, since I actually play ball, I'm hesitant to dirty and wear down the bottoms for on court.
why do you say kobes are a running shoe? the low top cut? 

also im curious, which bball shoes would you say are best for treadmill

i never said price doesn't pay a part.
I'm saying that $120 isn't the sweet spot for these because they aren't selling out at that.

Kyrie had one of the top ten selling kicks and was it's best selling basketball model

http://waitingfornextyear.com/2017/03/nike-basketball-kyrie-3-most-sold/

And? I'm speaking of the KOBE ADs sweet spot which obviously isn't $120.
The $120 price point for the Kyrie could very well be its sweet spot.

And obviously that seems to be the sweet spot for a basketball sneaker since the PG and Kyrie are doing better than their other basketball sneakers.

Which means...price means a lot.

And obviously that seems to be the sweet spot for a basketball sneaker since the PG and Kyrie are doing better than their other basketball sneakers.

Which means...price means a lot.

If you say so.

price does mean a lot

once they go on discount they're already under $100 on the first price cut :lol:

the days of people paying $200 for basketball shoes are over with IMO

it didn't last long, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

$150 or less sure but even $150 is a stretch right now with these crappy designs. KD IX were kinda cool but meh

price does mean a lot

once they go on discount they're already under $100 on the first price cut :lol:

the days of people paying $200 for basketball shoes are over with IMO

it didn't last long, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

$150 or less sure but even $150 is a stretch right now with these crappy designs. KD IX were kinda cool but meh
I bought the KD 9s for retail and was worth every penny. I think $150 should be the price for their best players like Bron/KD, then 120 for Kyrie/PG then priced down for everyone else. $150 is a happy medium in my eyes for premium ball shoes.

Really wanted to cop the black AD's today but couldn't do it for some reason. I must not liked them as much as I thought

Back
Top Bottom