THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I would tend to agree but a strong case could be made that mj would be remembered even greater without those sub goat level wizard years. But again it's debatable.

Kobe should stay retired though. That 60 pt sendoff regardless that last season was rough for the mamba.

Don't think anybody would complain, if he came back for one more year... Jordan going to wizards didn't do anything to his legacy! He's still the GOAT...
I would disagree, those years on the wizards made jordan look very human. I think if he had stayed in retirement after the second threepeat he would be held in even higher regard than he is now.

Don't think anybody would complain, if he came back for one more year... Jordan going to wizards didn't do anything to his legacy! He's still the GOAT...
I would disagree, those years on the wizards made jordan look very human. I think if he had stayed in retirement after the second threepeat he would be held in even higher regard than he is now.

:rofl:

Jordan's Wizard years didnt hurt him at all. If anything it added to his legacy that he could keep up with the young guys when he was 40+.  Although there is something to be said about walking out on top though. 

Jordan is still considered to be the goat and most people dont think of him as a wizard. During these debates about him, its all about his time with the bulls. 

He was also held to 2 points in one game as a wizard, those seasons were pretty inefficient as well

Last edited:
He was also held to 2 points in one game as a wizard, those seasons were pretty inefficient as well

MJ had a pretty solid year for how old he was...2002-2003 season: 20.0 points, 6.1 rebounds, 3.8 assist, 1.5 steal. Played all 82 games, 37 mins per game

Ordered league pass and watched every game that year! Thought it was pretty impressive to do what he did at that age

1st three-peat: Air Jordan
2nd three-peat: Fade away Jordan
Wizards years: Floor Jordan

MJ had a pretty solid year for how old he was...2002-2003 season: 20.0 points, 6.1 rebounds, 3.8 assist, 1.5 steal. Played all 82 games, 37 mins per game

Ordered league pass and watched every game that year! Thought it was pretty impressive to do what he did at that age
Exactly, people act like he was terrible on the Wizards. He was still good, just obviously not Bulls good. A lot of people rocked MJ Wizards jerseys back in the day too. 

I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, I was just thinking about how his legacy might be greater if he didn't come back
Feel free to disagree, it's just a thought

Has any of the other colorways of the NXT's gone on sale at Footlocker besides the Wolf Grey ones?

I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, I was just thinking about how his legacy might be greater if he didn't come back

What's higher than number one?

His legacy was already etched in stone. Most athletes don't end up like Jim Brown anyway.

Did Muhammad Ali's legacy change? Joe Louis? Babe Ruth? Jerry Rice? Willie Mays?

What's higher than number one?

His legacy was already etched in stone. Most athletes don't end up like Jim Brown anyway.

Did Muhammad Ali's legacy change? Joe Louis? Babe Ruth? Jerry Rice? Willie Mays?

I'm saying he was number one by a lot; after the wizard years, a lot of people still see him as the greatest, but by a smaller margin
That's all

Why cant nike give us laker cws! had to resort to ID's

Because Nike wants to make money. Although Kobe was a Laker, all of Kobe's fans and fans of the shoes aren't Laker fans and they don't want yelllow & purple shoes. 

I'm saying he was number one by a lot; after the wizard years, a lot of people still see him as the greatest, but by a smaller margin
That's all

He was over 40 years old playing against players 10-20 years younger than him and he still didn't look bad. Many nights he still was the best player on the court, just not the same athletic ability.

I also believe he dropped 50 points

Kobe rocking the NXT's casually. 

Then again, when's the next time we'll ever see any pics of him playing again? [emoji]128533[/emoji][emoji]9785[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji]
I saw this interview the other day about the LA bid for the olympics and I thought he was wearing Vans.

Would any one have concerns with buying a DS Kobe 5. Has enough time passed where old age is an issue?

Looking at picking up some inlines/

Would any one have concerns with buying a DS Kobe 5. Has enough time passed where old age is an issue?

Looking at picking up some inlines/

7 years, should be good to wear but I'd be cautious to play ball in them especially if they were brand new.

Drop $40 more & then we're talking, Foot Locker. 
Think they may be $99.99 in footlocker stores now?

Anyways if you want to do a larger order ($400+) you could pay $20 for eastbays gold club membership. they give a 25% off one time use promo code that expires in a year. 

Back
Top Bottom