THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Via @wkobe
View media item 2206629View media item 2206623
I'm feeling them whether they are the AD or XII, as long as the heel isn't making clanking sounds like the IX-XI while I walk I'll be copping a few pairs

Two more colorways of Kobe (insert name) replicas. Lakers colorway so you know they are takedowns :lol:
View media item 2210993View media item 2210994View media item 2210995

Just reposting these for some of the posters who are new to the thread and wanted to see more color ways.

blk/wht colorway is nice but I wish they didn't use that clear layer on the midsole like they used on the Xs, that part is a lot less evident on the grey ADs

if you removed the name i would have guessed it was the next addition of the mentality line, doesnt really look a new kobe sig model IMO i would easily get the CW shown by jacques on disco 

actually very different
​Reminds me somewhat of a cross between the 6's and the 10's for traction.

Its nice that these are not something that I want to grab a lot of. I will get my fair share lol but I'm not going Kobe 11 on em. It will be nice to use this time to scoop old cw's and just recoup.

Last edited:
Solid heel looks like the transition will be like bricks?

Traction looks like a nightmare, the outer/border has no grooves and doesn't seem like it'll bite.  Middle section of the outsole could be decent.  

Predicting this is an extension of the Mentality line? and not actually a performance product.

Solid heel looks like the transition will be like bricks?

Traction looks like a nightmare, the outer/border has no grooves and doesn't seem like it'll bite.  Middle section of the outsole could be decent.  

Predicting this is an extension of the Mentality line? and not actually a performance product.

If you watch the video above, Kobe states himself that they are deviating away from the numbered line and AD is taking its place... Hopefully the flyknit version will be better. This release reminds me of when the Blue Lagoon X came out. At first I was hesitant but they slowly grew on me. And when they released the flyknit version I was sold.

After seeing the 11 Oreos in person for the first time today, and seeing good pics coming in of the 11 Multi iD...these 12s are even more disappointing.  If I don't like the first released pics of a Kobe sig, I usually warm up to it after a day or two.

Not these.  

Please Nike (if you read these threads)....release the retros.

I like these actually.

Jayz definitely killed it on his colorway choices.

I really wish they would revisit the christmas cheetah colorway on his shoe. I hate the images of those, but man in person they're glorious.

Its back side is closer to the Venomenons than to the main line. The closest heel clip to that is the Vs and it wasnt even as bulky looking.

Oregon Duck Kobe AD droppin per NYC.
Also a Kobe 11 AD NXT for $200 [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Last edited:
Flyknit is SFA if it's not implemented properly,

Cosmetically sure FK will look better.  But for those who actually want to beat shoes to death on the hardwood.. its a whole another issue.

Just getting sick of Nike dropping rubbish performance shoes at ridiculous prices.  Can't even get the traction right.  Let's see how these go..

Last edited:
Not that I know of, don't think that was mentioned in the reveal.

Also, people are mentioning a price drop? Current Kobe XI EM's are $160 right? Eh...
If i remember correctly, Jacques Slade et al. said that the Kobe 11 (in flyknit) was going to be the only Kobe 11 model that's going to be released during that model's reveal.  Then the EMs were released a few months later...

I think they meant that there wasn't going to be a high-top version of the 11s during that reveal, and that the 11s were all going to be low tops.

I won't be surprised if an AD Elite was released in the future.

Nike bending the truth like they always do.

What if the Kobe AD is the replacement to the Mentality/Venomenon series?

We all know the Mentality/Venomenon incorporates designs and tech from the previous Kobe Signatures (the numbered models) and sells them at a lower "budget friendly" price.  And the ADs look as though they're using design elements from 6s/10s/whatever other Kobe Sigs...

The Kobe Signatures have always used some sort of new technology that really wasn't found on the other Nike Athletes' models, and the Kobe AD looks as though Nike is taking a step back in the innovation department.

What if Nike screwed up somewhere in the design/production of the Kobe 12, and then decided to rush out the release of these new aged Venomenon, call them the "Kobe AD", with the whole embodying the spirit of the player AKA "recycle old tech" in the whole if-it-aint-broke-dont-fix-it... kind of what Jordan Brand (allegedly) did with the Air Jordan 30, or as some called it, the "Air Jordan 29.5".

I wouldn't be surprised if Nike did in fact release a Kobe 12, and then call those the "resurrection" or rising from the ashes kind of theme.

Reach? 

^
Bruh dudes all over youtube comments saying this cant be the 12. It is. Watch Jacque Slades unboxing he did with Kobe himself and you'll know.

Back
Top Bottom