THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

All of those discount Kobe’s look good but feel so cheap to play in.
That's why I generally pass on them. The price is good but with certain things you get what you pay for it. It's tough dropping $200 on a shoe only to take it straight to the court and get it scuffed up, but if it performs then you're getting what you pay for also.

That's why I generally pass on them. The price is good but with certain things you get what you pay for it. It's tough dropping $200 on a shoe only to take it straight to the court and get it scuffed up, but if it performs then you're getting what you pay for also.

Exactly. Even the discount Kobe’s with the lunar insoles in them feel mad cheap. Better performers can be found at that price point.

FWIW I think that's the Mamba Focus, another takedown model like the Mamba Rage, Mamba Instinct... These are *not* $200 kicks.

I have a pair of Instincts and they're ok. The lacing scheme is stupid and digs into my forefoot. Having the drop-in midsole is nice because I can choose from my XI insoles (I have all 3) and customize the ride, but I rarely wear them. I wouldn't mind trying one from the Rage series, the last black/gold/gum model looks pretty cool and doesn't have the stupid lacing scheme.

If I'm not mistaken these new Mamba Focus don't have the drop-in set up, so these are a pass for me.

If you have a drop-in midsole collection you should be straight. But these mamba focus don’t use a drop-in midsole setup.

I would buy a budget model kobe but i random get lucky finding older kobe sigs at marshalls for half the price of budget model kobe.

All of those discount Kobe’s look good but feel so cheap to play in.
I bet

They all have actually nice designs but any pair I’ve seen or held just felt extremely cheap. Coulda grabbed a pair in the past for next to nothing at the outlet but I knew I wouldn’t enjoy using them so would’ve been a waste of money

Would be cool if Nike just make more colorways of the 360. Or put it on ID.

I'm so sad they stopped making the 360s. But I think I can see why. It was just hard to make good looking colorways with that knit. I'm glad I own the Laker pair though. Although in hindsight I wish I waited a month or two so I could've copped for $100 instead of $200 on release date :lol:

8D7DD2CA-8E04-4D8E-90D2-1816FBF704CF.png
I haven’t been too excited about a Kobe model since the 9 or 11. What do you guys realistically want to see going forward? I wish they’d have continued trying flyknit and heel AND forefoot cushion, and fun colorways. 11 didn’t have too many ‘fun’ colorways either. I wish they’d keep these as the premium guard shoe, giannis (wears guard shoes) as the mid tier, and pg13 as the budget

ive pretty much balled exclusively in the 11's since they have came out.

I'm so mad I can't ball in my 11s indoors. Get no traction at all with that translucent outsole :angry:. Outsole feels like plastic on court. Not only does it get no traction when the court/outsole is clean, it picks up dust like crazy too. WTF?!

I also don't wanna beat them out outdoors either because I go through basketball sneakers like crazy playing outdoors. :rolleyes

I'm so mad I can't ball in my 11s indoors. Get no traction at all with that translucent outsole :angry:. Outsole feels like plastic on court. Not only does it get no traction when the court/outsole is clean, it picks up dust like crazy too. WTF?!

I also don't wanna beat them out outdoors either because I go through basketball sneakers like crazy playing outdoors. :rolleyes

You prob play on a terrible indoor court... lol Kobe 11 traction was on point... I think translucent soles bite harder than rubber soles but court has to be in good condition. Look at all the nba players, they all prefer translucent outsoles

I just hate how translucent soles turn yellow over time...

Back
Top Bottom