THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I was bidding on some Proto 1s on eBay. Seller cancelled and relisted them below. I'm half minded to message the person and give them my thoughts, but life's too short for this kind of pettiness. Just know I'll avoid any of their sales in the future.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200127-062930.png
    Screenshot_20200127-062930.png
    775.9 KB · Views: 635
I actually wanted the Kobe Chaos pair at some point they were in my local outlet smaller sizes though
Few pair of Kobe 1s.

I probably won’t cop now, never was the biggest Kobe fan but respected his game and his work ethic. One of the greatest of my generation.
Me and my girl was talking earlier, none of us are immortal but man to go out like that it’s so sad.

We have the same birthday too

I was watching several auctions for the Kobe 4 Protro Carpe Diem and to my surprise (not really) they were all taken down and relisted with crazy prices. I regret not copping them sooner, now these greedy sellers want $400. Pathetic.

I saw a listing for a really good price on the All Star XI’s. Hope I can get them tomorrow but not expecting them to be available

When I get to a better financial space, I wil get a authentic 8 and 24 jersey framed, if I can find it.
Quote to SN ratio is mezmerizing. Will rock my Year of the Horse (I think is the name) 8's I have somewhere stashed...gotta bring em out haven't worn em in a while.

unfortunately this is what happens when anyone famous dies and they have any type of memorabilia. Love my kobe collection 7-11s , i know my grails are now so far out of reach that it is not funny (7 asg, 8 asg, and kobe 11 ftb).

I actually emailed StockX last night to let them know that letting sellers relist shoes for outrageous prices after this tragedy is just a disgusting thing. Told them they should stop sales for the time being. It's just an awful look. I'm an MJ guy (my era as I'm 43) and Jordans were what got me into sneakers in the late 80s. But I bought a pair of All-star XI Elite Lows DS a few years ago, as I loved the color. They are in my closet as I haven't worn them yet. That's gonna change this week. Gonna break them out and wear them.

To ANYONE who is trying to profit from this sad tragic event on his shoes and jerseys (wanted to get get a Lower Merion HS jersey as I was born and still live in the Philly burbs). YOU ARE SCUM!!! You people have NO soul and there is a special place in he77 for you and anyone who is trying to profit!! SICK PEOPLE!!!

I actually emailed StockX last night to let them know that letting sellers relist shoes for outrageous prices after this tragedy is just a disgusting thing. Told them they should stop sales for the time being. It's just an awful look. I'm an MJ guy (my era as I'm 43) and Jordans were what got me into sneakers in the late 80s. But I bought a pair of All-star XI Elite Lows DS a few years ago, as I loved the color. They are in my closet as I haven't worn them yet. That's gonna change this week. Gonna break them out and wear them.

To ANYONE who is trying to profit from this sad tragic event on his shoes and jerseys (wanted to get get a Lower Merion HS jersey as I was born and still live in the Philly burbs). YOU ARE SCUM!!! You people have NO soul and there is a special place in he77 for you and anyone who is trying to profit!! SICK PEOPLE!!!

How long, if they relisted them next month everyone would still be complaining. As much as it's a ****ty thing, Kobe is the first player to have this type of impact and pass at a young age. Most thought he would be 80 out there still talking to the young ones.
My opinion on resellers has always been if there were not people who bought at those prices there wouldn't be resellers. It doesn't help that at least in the us Kobe's where always last in numbers made.

This is a selfish post but in reality we all are selfish. Those people are most likely regular people like me and you just trying to make a little money. Its unfortunate that Kobe passed but they didn't do it and this tragedy gives them a chance to make $$$ they might not have had otherwise so I can't really fault them. Its not like you or I are paying these people's bills and or know how each and every person is living. I think cats need to look at all sides instead of just your side on some selfish stuff. I include myself in this too.

I'm from the Philly burbs who cares lol You aren't from the actual 215 probably be saying you're from Philly when you leave here. Not super serious but you know that last part has a lot of truth to it being I'm from the actual city.

selfishness and greed will bring this planet down and just like the NBA is a community that stands together, so should we on NikeTalk, although we hardly know each other personally on here. One thing I really love about the United States of America, is the "UNITED" part, this country can represent that better than any other country out there., so just do it

When my wife and I started dating, one of the first gifts she gave me was the Kobe 6 Dark Knights, which I can’t find pictures of nor do I have anymore for beating them to the ground. Man, I wore those shoes for just about everything and I never found a pair of shoes that fit perfectly like the Kobe 6.

The only pic I can find right now of wearing his shoes are the WTK 7s from years ago... RIP
FD938F2D-9FFF-4C4E-81BF-C7C45E8FE57D.jpeg

I’ll be wearing Kobes one way or another for the next 24 days. Sad ****ing day.:emoji_frowning2:

i had a pair sell on eBay too but I think I’m gonna cancel because dude seems to be a reseller. **** that guy! I’ve had perfect feedback since’06 and I don’t give a **** if dude negs me.

How do you know the buyer will resell them?

Keep it real, bruh. You don’t want to honor your end of the transaction and keep the shoes now because Kobe is no longer here. You wouldn’t have changed your mind otherwise.

People always need to create a reason to validate their actions.

Died hard Knick fan but a die hard Kobe fan also. He brought joy to my childhood since the knicks sucked for the last 20yrs. I had my eye on a throwback rookie Kobe jersey for a while. When I found about his death i made the purchase on Mitchell and Ness before prices started going up cause I had a feeling the resell market would be on some BS. And well what do you know? A bunch of scum bags are charging $600-1500 for his jersey now. 🖕🏽to all people trying to profit off his death.

the 4s got me started on the kobe line and i've been balling and collecting them ever since. news broke out while i was having lunch with my boy and we saw the resell prices skyrocket. people are just scum in general. my boy was telling me how i'm now sitting on a gold mine, and i told him maybe but not like this, never like this. RIP kobe, gigi, and everyone else on that helicopter.

Anyone find it weird that they named a Kobe VI colorway the “helicopter’s” now? Just too ironic. It’s one of my favorite Kobe colorways too

I have those and I just can't bring myself to wear them anymore, but are definitely one of my favorite pairs!!!

This is why there is a heaven and Hell

How do you know the buyer will resell them?

Keep it real, bruh. You don’t want to honor your end of the transaction and keep the shoes now because Kobe is no longer here. You wouldn’t have changed your mind otherwise.

People always need to create a reason to validate their actions.

I actually decided I am going to honor the sale. I think they’re a reseller because of their feedback history. It’s not rocket science. I thought about messaging and trying to get a feel but I’m just going to ship them out. I get what you’re saying but that ain’t me. I legit would have sold these to someone for the same price I had them listed if I knew they were keeping them and not trying to profit of this tragedy.

I was actually going to cancel this listing when I read the stockx vulture post someone said here but my app wouldn’t load and I just had other stuff going on and I was feeling shook so I forgot about it. 2min later I get the sold email.

Back
Top Bottom