THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

What was she calling with though?! :lol: :stoneface:
Pocket kings overpair on the flop. She was probably thinking I had ace Queen

edit: but with someone shoving that much money I don’t know if I call even with kings,how many worse hands am I making that move with? Pocket jacks two pair?? all that is crushing herhand

Cleaned up my line up for the week. Thought I would snap one more pic before I put them back in their boxes.. Still more in the collection.. Wearing them from now on will have a different meaning for sure...
718C2392-E237-4557-8666-EFEDBA10057E.jpeg

You break into my house, bro? :tongue:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 11.02.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 11.02.40 PM.png
    297.1 KB · Views: 458
The scene from Staples today. Incredible display of love and dedication. RIP GOAT.
A9CA961C-DF8B-4215-947E-D75A06C0B5A7.jpeg
F78CC258-9357-4FE4-9B2A-89193278CE1E.jpeg
419C53FB-8BC6-48E8-9779-A8BB8977729A.jpeg
DA8CC80A-5C6A-42DE-8C36-DF2A66D78A5A.jpeg
B912E421-2387-4435-A46F-09DBEBFAE3BE.jpeg
It was really good to get down there yesterday. I almost wasn't going to take the time as strange as that sounds now. I didn't know exactly what the purpose was or how I would feel. I'm not usually one to do things like that, I tend to deal with stuff in my own private way. But after seeing all the TV shots from LA Live before, during and after Friday's game against the Blazers, I had this strong feeling I needed to be there. So glad I went. Was only on the scene for maybe 30 minutes or so, but it was enough. I will never forget it, and in a small way, it started to help me ... not get over it, per se, but accept it a little more. Exactly a week ago right now, I had just come home from overseas to find out about it and was sitting in my place in a complete daze and state of disbelief. It's like everything has moved in slow motion since then. Going down there helped to make it a little better.

It was really good to get down there yesterday. I almost wasn't going to take the time as strange as that sounds now. I didn't know exactly what the purpose was or how I would feel. I'm not usually one to do things like that, I tend to deal with stuff in my own private way. But after seeing all the TV shots from LA Live before, during and after Friday's game against the Blazers, I had this strong feeling I needed to be there. So glad I went. Was only on the scene for maybe 30 minutes or so, but it was enough. I will never forget it, and in a small way, it started to help me ... not get over it, per se, but accept it a little more. Exactly a week ago right now, I had just come home from overseas to find out about it and was sitting in my place in a complete daze and state of disbelief. It's like everything has moved in slow motion since then. Going down there helped to make it a little better.

Yeah this week has been a combo of shock/denial, but going down there made everything feel real and helped (unfortunately) start accepting it as well. It was warming to see how much he meant to so many people and families. LA Times reported that all non-perishable items would be given to Vanessa and family, so It was nice to leave some personal items with messages whether or not they get them.

Facts. Unless I get 100 FTBs, grinches, barcas, big stages, fireworks, etc in return, these are staying with me lol.

“secret” connection lol. And yeah for whatever reason they stopped making lakers CWs for the 8s and I’ve been pissed about it ever since 2013. I was checking NT and footlocker calendar everyday to check if those Home PEs he wore were gonna release but they never did. 4s had MLK, 4 rings, gradients, finals, venoms, Carpe Diem, etc so many white/black/purple/concord/del sol/gold combos I’ve lost track. 4 models later and not even a single Laker Cw smh.

Regarding no laker colorways from the 8s on, what about showtime 9s? Those were a GR if I’m not mistaken. But yeah I get what you’re saying.

If you don't mind me asking, how did having Crohn's stop you from playing basketball? Larry Nance Jr. Is known to have Crohn's and he plays basketball at the highest level in the NBA.

Hey buddy, Vette explained it as well as I could. I'll add my history quick. This disease (and Ulcerative Colitis) are some of the worst GI problems you can have (Crohn's IS the worst IMHO). It's awful! Having UC for over 10 years had me get surgery to remove my entire large intestine (all 6-feet) along with my gallbladder and appendix (while they were in there). Had a bag for a few months until the 2nd surgery to reverse it. Was great for a decade (had my transplant in that timeframe) but once they found out I had major inflammation and disease in my small intestine, there is no surgery for that.

It's all medication, what works with what your body will work with and also how far along and severe the inflammation is. In Larry's case, it was caught early when we was younger and that helps A TON! Plus, he was diagnosed in 2009 (he's 27 and at 16 would be that year give or take). I was diagnosed when he was born in '93. Medicine has come A LONG way since then. At it's worst, you can't do ANYTHING as you have ZERO energy or strength. Heck, at my worst I couldn't leave the house as I had to be near the bathroom at all times 😞. No energy, no desire to play cause you can't. You want to but your body is saying NO. I would NEVER wish this disease on anyone, even my worst enemy.

Hey buddy, Vette explained it as well as I could. I'll add my history quick. This disease (and Ulcerative Colitis) are some of the worst GI problems you can have (Crohn's IS the worst IMHO). It's awful! Having UC for over 10 years had me get surgery to remove my entire large intestine (all 6-feet) along with my gallbladder and appendix (while they were in there). Had a bag for a few months until the 2nd surgery to reverse it. Was great for a decade (had my transplant in that timeframe) but once they found out I had major inflammation and disease in my small intestine, there is no surgery for that.

It's all medication, what works with what your body will work with and also how far along and severe the inflammation is. In Larry's case, it was caught early when we was younger and that helps A TON! Plus, he was diagnosed in 2009 (he's 27 and at 16 would be that year give or take). I was diagnosed when he was born in '93. Medicine has come A LONG way since then. At it's worst, you can't do ANYTHING as you have ZERO energy or strength. Heck, at my worst I couldn't leave the house as I had to be near the bathroom at all times 😞. No energy, no desire to play cause you can't. You want to but your body is saying NO. I would NEVER wish this disease on anyone, even my worst enemy.

Wow it sounds like you've really been through it! I'm glad to see that you're still kickin because it's a rough disease to deal with. It'll have you depressed not wanting to do anything in life. Forget playing basketball, you're physically well enough to do anything!

Can't eat the majority of foods and every time you do eat, you have to use the bathroom. For the member who was curious. Imagine having to use that bathroom at least once an hour, every hour throughout the day. And barely anything comes out. Your stomach always feels upset, you always feel like you have to use the bathroom and you're always physically uncomfortable.

I had one surgery and a couple of hospital stays. The surgery was to cut some of the bad colon away and something with intestines and bladder. I forgot exactly what they did but I was in the hospital not able to eat or drink water for 4-5 days. It was Horrible!

It's a bad and nasty disease to have, but if you get on the right treatment you can live and feel like a normal person.

Been trying to grab a pair of Kobe 11s for a decent price but these resell prices are insane....even for a pair of beater kobes

Unfortunately that’s how I’m looking at it. Basically if you don’t already have the pair then you aren’t getting them unless you wanna pay some insane resale price.

Is it just assumption or was there any info from nike about that ??
I guess parade 5 are not dropping ??

Been trying to grab a pair of Kobe 11s for a decent price but these resell prices are insane....even for a pair of beater kobes
I've found 2 lightly used ones using Poshmark...never used it before but when I realized I was never going to pay full resale for brand new, I ventured into the used market. There's some out there for the $80-120 range. Good luck brother..

Back
Top Bottom