THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I don't see that happening, but that would be major disrespectful on Nike's end. But then again they aren't known for being ethical, so I guess it's entirely possible they'll do that :lol:
Wouldn't be the first time Nike did this. Remember the Nike CW? Chris Webber's first sig with Nike. They later re-released it after he left the brand as the Air Max Sensation.
Screenshot_20210604-214831_GOAT.jpg

Wouldn't be the first time Nike did this. Remember the Nike CW? Chris Webber's first sig with Nike. They later re-released it after he left the brand as the Air Max Sensation.
Screenshot_20210604-214831_GOAT.jpg

This is very different though. Kobe passed away. That's where the "disrespect" part of the thing comes in.

Last edited:
Chris Webber overplayed his hand too. His main qualm with Nike was the price of his kicks, but little did he obviously know/knew that even at that time frame cats in the inner city would find a way by any means necessary to pay that 140.00 price tag on his kicks and they did. That shoe was a hood favorite around my way, and his talent and swagger connected with said hood. I remember a lot of cats having his number 2 bullets jersey in 1994-1995.

I heard that the Air Max Uptempo 3 was gonna be his shoe too if they had gotten that far.

Chris Webber overplayed his hand too. His main qualm with Nike was the price of his kicks, but little did he obviously know/knew that even at that time frame cats in the inner city would find a way by any means necessary to pay that 140.00 price tag on his kicks and they did. That shoe was a hood favorite around my way, and his talent and swagger connected with said hood. I remember a lot of cats having his number 2 bullets jersey in 1994-1995.

I heard that the Air Max Uptempo 3 was gonna be his shoe too if they had gotten that far.

I wouldn’t say he overplayed his hand. Webber wanted the shoes to be at a lower price point similar to early KD’s and Kyrie’s and Nike said no.

So Chris moved on, as did Nike.

The disrespect people just grab shoes just to resell the game I grew up on was never like this smh

To be fair, when a person passes their memorabilia goes up in price and people sell to make money.

Regarding sneakers, we’ve never had an athlete pass who had a large sneaker following.

I actually thought about what would happen if an athlete with a sneakers line passed a couple of years ago. Now I know.

But yes, people are scumbags.

For signature sneakers that also require an endorsement contract between a partner and the brand, a clause deep in every contract provides the company the ability to place a sneaker into production in advance of an expiration date, if retail orders have already been placed against the design to be fulfilled, and still sell the shoe after a contract has expired.

As it stands, according to brand sources, there are no plans to officially release the Mamba Forever colorway of the Kobe 6. Though thousands of pairs have already been produced, the shoes are indefinitely on hold and will release only if a new contract agreement is reached with the Kobe Bryant Estate.

Maybe Nike deliberately released those pairs so that people would think Vanessa was the one stopping everyone from getting a pair.

Back
Top Bottom