THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I know it's been said before but the best way to let fans get their hands on these is to offer at least one or two models on Nike ID.

I don't even mind them still doing their limited stock BS on special color ways if it means I can make my own pair whenever I want.
If they offer ID, that would be a dream come true for so many people. ID’s let you be you, while having a fire base shoe.

Very glad they finally came to an agreement. I was sad that I struck out on all releases that dropped after his death. Hopefully they won’t be priced ridiculously like the Mamba gear.

therealest1 therealest1 It seems a lot of people don’t know this but the Bruce Lee “gimmick” (as you so eloquently put it) is actually inspired by QT’s Kill Bill. Kobe loved the movie so much he named himself the Black Mamba and his sheath comes from the Hatori Hanzo sword. Technically they’re the Kobiest of all Kobes especially for non LA fans.
15539EAD-0F81-4F45-8C33-0D7870CE9889.png

the-more-you-know.gif

Nike purposely didn’t Proto the Kobe 2 and 3s…..the 7s were also on that list to not retro. They are going straight to the 8s with react midsole if the PG 6s do well
Shoes are already made and sitting in a warehouse in the United States. Look for a shock drop on April 13th during the play in tournament to highlight Kobe’s last game

Y’all not going to be happy with the price hike😒
These will come out in GS sizing…the GS pair are $224… guess how much retail for mens pair will be?
Drop-inmidsoles and NikeID don’t mix well.

No more Proto
Source?
I’m about to unload my camera roll😂
... and then deleted it all. 👀
Nike has a warehouse full of prototypes and colorways that they have been waiting to release. I have a crap load of photos that they showed Footlocker reps to see if they were will to exclusively sell the Kobe Line
Are you a Footlocker rep?
Now are y’all ready for the Air zoom Kobe 12s??!!
Go back and read my last decade of posts. I barely post in here but when I do I give my sources and it checks out

I told y'all in February that this deal was going to happen this month😂
So I'm sure you understand the constant need to cite sources so that we can all separate genuine information from misleading information. I'm sure you understand that and have no problem with it.

From where did you get the pictures that you deleted? Where did you get the information that you provided? You can PM me if you don't want to post your sources publicly.

-foe

therealest1 therealest1 It seems a lot of people don’t know this but the Bruce Lee “gimmick” (as you so eloquently put it) is actually inspired by QT’s Kill Bill. Kobe loved the movie so much he named himself the Black Mamba and his sheath comes from the Hatori Hanzo sword. Technically they’re the Kobiest of all Kobes especially for non LA fans.
15539EAD-0F81-4F45-8C33-0D7870CE9889.png

the-more-you-know.gif
So they're actually Kill Bills and not Bruce Lee's? 🤔

whole situation makes me sad. i would have been fine if they just didn't sell them but this obviously works too
Great news, sucked in to the resellers who tried to profit off the death of a legend.

Bring on the Kobes!
Very glad they finally came to an agreement. I was sad that I struck out on all releases that dropped after his death. Hopefully they won’t be priced ridiculously like the Mamba gear.
I said this in the Lakers thread:

Obviously Vanessa struck a deal with them. Honestly, I don't even care about myself the consumer. I just hope that Nike did her right. Kobe made Nike millions, MILLIONS, and she should absolutely be the benefactor of that. I hope they did Kobe's widow right.

And I know people hate on spouses who benefit from the millions made by professional athletes. "They weren't with you shooting in the gym! That's not their money!" I get that in some situations, but FOHWTBS when it comes to Mrs. Bryant. Chick BEEN ride or die, LITERALLY, and deserves the ENTIRE bag.

-foe

I’m not with them calling something a Kobe 12 if Kobe ain’t here to co-sign. Vanessa don’t got Kobe mind. Just keep making protros man. I’m excited for more pairs but at the same time if SNKRS the only route to the pairs it’s still gone be a struggle. SNKRS can’t be trusted. Resellers still gone chase them down because he gone unfortunately.

I’m not with them calling something a Kobe 12 if Kobe ain’t here to co-sign. Vanessa don’t got Kobe mind.
She doesn't, but we don't know that Kobe didn't co-sign. Could be co-signed by a ton of things he wanted, or a couple things he wanted, or the whole shoe could be exactly what he wanted but he died so they were never released.

-foe

knew it was gonna happen sooner or later

really don't care if all I do is see them on twitter and on NBA players feet and have zero shot at getting them

And doesn't, but we don't know that Kobe didn't co-sign. Could be co-signed by a ton of things he wanted, or a couple things he wanted, or the whole shoe could be exactly what he wanted but he died so they were never released.

-foe
I guess we will never know. If it’s not Eric Avar and they don’t show some type of Kobe co sign or detail from him specifically saying what he wanted then I’m passing on the potential 12. I’ll stick to models he promoted and wore while he was living.

Back
Top Bottom