THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Today:

20220615_165906.jpg

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I remember Kobe only wore the Grinch VIs on Christmas Day 2010. The Lakers lost to the Bron/Wade/Bosh Heat.

Same deal with the Chaos V. He wore them only on Christmas Day 2009 and they lost to Bron and the Cavs.

I think Kobe wore his Christmas Day shoes only on Christmas Day. I've seen the Grinch way more on other players' feet than Kobe's himself.

Go search for pics of Bryant in Grinch's. All I see is Kobe in Laker whites versus the Heat.

Last edited:
I honestly can’t think of any Kobe’s that had an overt casual look (maybe the nine highs but they were zany boot sneakers).

Even today…NBA rampantly pursue pairs so they can use on the court. Maybe the casual demand is due to his death.

I think a lot of the modern-era basketball shoes, not just Kobes, lacked that overt casual look. To the point where Nike made lifestyle versions of these sigs. It started out strong with the Kobe 8 NSW but the KD 6 lifestyle was a monstrosity.
The materials and shape of the sigs are probably the reason why they don't work well casually.
630774-001.png
dm7hrgh4rlsdjxq168x0.jpg

I’ve worn all my Kobe’s and I mean all of mine on the court and casually just like Kobe did with his pairs. Nike made it super easy to because I was one of those guys that when Nike dropped clothing to match (I miss that) I bought every piece of clothing to match the shoe release.

Last edited:
I miss the moisture wicking tees with designs. Mad dope. Some of it epic.

It’s crazy that sneakers are more mainstream but Nike doesn’t produce the storylines, accessories, etc. Take the Nike Lebron 19 versus the Lebron 9.
Yea from the Kobe 6-11 every pair I got I bought the Nike fit shirt and shorts and the jackets to match them. Lebron had some really great stuff with the 9,10s. I still got all of mine stuff.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I remember Kobe only wore the Grinch VIs on Christmas Day 2010. The Lakers lost to the Bron/Wade/Bosh Heat.

Same deal with the Chaos V. He wore them only on Christmas Day 2009 and they lost to Bron and the Cavs.

I think Kobe wore his Christmas Day shoes only on Christmas Day. I've seen the Grinch way more on other players' feet than Kobe's himself.

Go search for pics of Bryant in Grinch's. All I see is Kobe in Laker whites versus the Heat.

Chaos V he also rocked for the first half of 2/8/2010 vs Nuggets.

Chaos VI (not xmas but similar) he randomly rocked for 2 games in April.

Bruce lees yep only one game. such a shame

Christmas 7s he also wore in game 4 vs OKC

side note but we saw him rock chaos, Carpe diems, wizenards, undftds etc in 2019 when he was at the Mamba Academy and just walking down the streets. Really wish he was still here so we could see him rock those protro Bruce Lees. along with the alts and the 5x champs which we've never seen him rock but would look perfect on him

Last edited:
Considering it’s mid June now and we haven’t heard/seen anything about other pairs . I’d say we get 4-5 pairs of 6s maybe 7 if undefeated does a pack. Then whatever the next protro model is that will be in December. I figure they are working on the next protro model and doing a couple 6s to to finish them off as well. if kay yow was releasing we should have seen some official photos by now unless that’s an October release But the 5 kay yow didn’t release publicly either. Next shoe probably late July mid august.

Last edited:
Yea... kobes for me were strictly for hooping in models 1, 2, 4( skipped the 3s). And dived into the casual realm with my Del Sol 5s. Blacks jeans... sweats.. shorts... all casual. Obviously they were not dunks.. AM1s...JOs... but you had to make it work. So from 5 and on... had at least one pair of each model for casual.

Last edited:
I miss the moisture wicking tees with designs. Mad dope. Some of it epic.

It’s crazy that sneakers are more mainstream but Nike doesn’t produce the storylines, accessories, etc. Take the Nike Lebron 19 versus the Lebron 9.
Nike doesn’t put the same care and attention to their basketball lineup like they used to. It’s the worst it’s ever been.

Back
Top Bottom