THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

We're all entitled to opinions.

Although simple, black and white colorway is a nice colorway and most of us would like the colorway regardless of the story.

This is also a nice colorway in this shoe in a simple black and white.

1658765836715.jpeg

We're all entitled to opinions.

Although simple, black and white colorway is a nice colorway and most of us would like the colorway regardless of the story.

This is also a nice colorway in this shoe in a simple black and white.

1658765836715.jpeg
These started it for me way back when in 06. I upgraded from the Uptempo Legends to these. Went Kobes and never looked back hooping wise. But yea I've never looked at a colorway as weak or so. I guess in this case a nicely termed simple could be used. And we do know it follows suit of their Mamba Academy team Jerseys.

black and white is nice and clean but I guess they kinda give off a team bank vibe, and most people think other colorways are better. Black with gold. Black with del sol. Black with purple. Black with del sol and purple (Carpe Diems). Black and blue (dark knights), etc.
Same reason I'm not a big fan of those black mamba undftd 4s. Slap a Mamba Academy/Gigi logo on those and we could call those mambacitas too.

Ranking top 10 protros would be a fun exercise. My personal top 10 GRs only in no order would be
- 1: Closeouts
- 4: Carpe Diems, Undftd Suns, Undftd Lakers
- 5: Bruce Lees, BL Alts, Chaos, 5 rings, 5x champs,
- 6: Grinch

Anything that has both purple and gold automatically makes my list lol

black and white is nice and clean but I guess they kinda give off a team bank vibe, and most people think other colorways are better. Black with gold. Black with del sol. Black with purple. Black with del sol and purple (Carpe Diems). Black and blue (dark knights), etc.
Same reason I'm not a big fan of those black mamba undftd 4s. Slap a Mamba Academy/Gigi logo on those and we could call those mambacitas too.

Ranking top 10 protros would be a fun exercise. My personal top 10 GRs only in no order would be
- 1: Closeouts
- 4: Carpe Diems, Undftd Suns, Undftd Lakers
- 5: Bruce Lees, BL Alts, Chaos, 5 rings, 5x champs,
- 6: Grinch

Anything that has both purple and gold automatically makes my list lol
Nahh nahhh stop right there. You missing the key ingredient the Undted 4s had... the iridescent effect and obviously them making them Sail... as that has been the color of all colors these past few years lol. So yea no disrespecting those lol.

Nahh nahhh stop right there. You missing the key ingredient the Undted 4s had... the iridescent effect and obviously them making them Sail... as that has been the color of all colors these past few years lol. So yea no disrespecting those lol.
Lol in that case you right, I guess they even better than the mambacitas then. even without the academy logos. since mambacitas ain't have that iridescent effect and sail.

The name kinda irks me lol, the ftb snake 4s are more black mamba-ish with those nice scales, than the black mamba 4s.

the ftb snake 4s had nothing to do with ftb, and the black mamba undftds had nothing to do with black mamba lol

I like the Mambacita pair, was lucky enough to cop but I have mixed feelings about them.

Haven't worn mine yet, every time I look at them I get reminded about the tragedy and then I put them back in the box.

One day for sure I'll un-DS them, cause that's what shoes are meant for... but I can't put these on right now, I know it probably sounds weird.

I like the Mambacita pair, was lucky enough to cop but I have mixed feelings about them.

Haven't worn mine yet, every time I look at them I get reminded about the tragedy and then I put them back in the box.

One day for sure I'll un-DS them, cause that's what shoes are meant for... but I can't put these on right now, I know it probably sounds weird.

Doesn’t sound weird.

Lol in that case you right, I guess they even better than the mambacitas then. even without the academy logos. since mambacitas ain't have that iridescent effect and sail.

The name kinda irks me lol, the ftb snake 4s are more black mamba-ish with those nice scales, than the black mamba 4s.

the ftb snake 4s had nothing to do with ftb, and the black mamba undftds had nothing to do with black mamba lol
Don't go off topic in regards to the names... we just talking about the shoes themselves lol

Not weird at all

Don't go off topic in regards to the names... we just talking about the shoes themselves lol
i know but i was just sayin lol. i liked the ftb snakes more than the black mambas, if they had purple instead of teal they woulda been perfect.

Back to mambacitas, i just think the hype has way more to do with how they ended up at like 2k or 5k on stockx and leaked in europe right as kobe’s contract ended, rather than their design/Gigi narrative.

Like if those flight jacket 1s or lebron’s unreleased 4s released as GRs, honestly people wouldn’t bat an eye and might say they look like military boots. But tell people they are worth 5k, now things are a little different.

Last edited:
i know but i was just sayin lol. i liked the ftb snakes more than the black mambas, if they had purple instead of teal they woulda been perfect.

Back to mambacitas, i just think the hype has way more to do with how they ended up at like 2k or 5k on stockx and leaked in europe right as kobe’s contract ended, rather than their design/Gigi narrative.

Like if those flight jacket 1s or lebron’s unreleased 4s released as GRs, honestly people wouldn’t bat an eye and might say they look like military boots. But tell people they are worth 5k, now things are a little different.
Just like the name.. the teal on them were as confusing

How do you guys stop your Kobe 8's from squeaking? I don't recall them making that noise before.

I've gotta say I also think the pair @mische posted are fakes. Outsoles, flyknit, the green color, medial swoosh all look off. And that's just two photos.
For me it’s the flyknit verticals lines. The fakes are a straight line up and down especially where the color change. The real pair is not a straight line. The flyknit alone is a dead give away to me.
These are the pics my current pair that I hoop in. I hope it helps
59D7E496-154D-4077-904E-BAD3FF09AB2A.jpeg
59D7E496-154D-4077-904E-BAD3FF09AB2A.jpeg
5314573D-DF6D-44A3-882C-94E20F577B82.jpeg
Yup commenting to share the same thing. Here’s a pic with my 11s and the dark horse pair also doesn’t have the vertical lines either.

Attachments

• D0CEA318-D7A2-4136-842C-B19750B61CC6.jpeg
    D0CEA318-D7A2-4136-842C-B19750B61CC6.jpeg
    321 KB · Views: 861
How do you guys stop your Kobe 8's from squeaking? I don't recall them making that noise before.
U can’t imo

People will say baby powder, lotion, wd40 etc. But it doesn’t work imo

8s didn’t last on the court and squeaked like crazy for casual wear… it’s main flaws

Last edited:
U can’t imo

People will say baby powder, lotion, wd40 etc. But it doesn’t work imo

8s didn’t last on the court and squeaked like crazy for casual wear… it’s main flaws

This is the first time I really noticed it. Was annoying the hell out of me today, because there was silence. I need to see if my other pairs are like that.

Two months and not even a leaked image of what’s to come! If Nike is dropping something this month they must have really clamped down on anything leaking at all. It’s crazy to not have seen or heard anything.

Back
Top Bottom