THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Traction on the xDR is A1, it's just annoying how rocks can get stuck inbetween the grooves when hooping outdoors. The bite is similar to the DROSE 7, and a notch above the 2017 HD. I don't understand how people are complaining about the materials either; the suede is nice and thin but still supportive.

Also all Lunarlon based shoes are gonna crease and look beat up quick. It's just how the foam is.

Attachments

• 20171227_151440.jpg
    20171227_151440.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Wrong thread.....terrible pics....but I saw a guy playing in the Kobe 9 Elite Premiums and he didn't even know what he had. I asked him and he was like I dunno they Kobes but a friend got em for me a while back. I said you're playing on 2k lol.
20171128_215945.jpg
20171128_215926.jpg
Wow I still got mine on Ice, but **** the resell is expensive as ****

Can you please post more detailed pics. Tryna do some ids as well.
Might do the xdr rubber on my ids but I haven’t played a outdoor game in like 2 months.

Anyone know of Nike basketball General realease shoe with xdr rubber?

Anyone remember the Nike Vault next to the Staples Center that did those really cool packs for some of the releases? Sucks that it closed down. They probably would've done something amazing for Kobe's retirement.

Also the Prelude pack is 4 years old. Man time flies...

Anyone remember the Nike Vault next to the Staples Center that did those really cool packs for some of the releases? Sucks that it closed down. They probably would've done something amazing for Kobe's retirement.

That place was dope. What’s in its place now? can’t remember

Last I remember they opened it up for his last game against Utah. They had preludes for sale if you won the live raffle and custom T-shirt’s

Nike Vault was basically the "KOBE" store :lol:

Still remember the dope cigar humidifier pack for the Kobe V '5 Rings' also the Kobe/Koston colab, Kobe VI 1-year anniversary, etc.

I miss them times :frown:

For those that have played ball in their inlines A.D. Mids:

How does the suede/nubuck hold up after playing? Does it get dusty pretty easily? I appreciate your input greatly, I have been playing in my HD 2016s nonstop for the past six months because of an ankle sprain way back. But I would like to play in something lighter. Unfortunately the league I play in has courts that can get extremely dusty, so people are putting themselves in danger if traction and grip aren't superb. So I'm looking for an awesome kobe shoe with amazing traction and the inlines are my favorite GR color way .

How does the suede/nubuck hold up after playing? Does it get dusty pretty easily? I appreciate your input greatly, I have been playing in my HD 2016s nonstop for the past six months because of an ankle sprain way back. But I would like to play in something lighter. Unfortunately the league I play in has courts that can get extremely dusty, so people are putting themselves in danger if traction and grip aren't superb. So I'm looking for an awesome kobe shoe with amazing traction and the inlines are my favorite GR color way .

The upper on the Inlines is going to get dirty fast, and the shoe's midsole is going to get a beat up, creased look because of the Lunarlon (just how it is). This is all aesthetic though and has no bearing on performance. There is also no padding on the tongue, and the materials itself felt thin but supportive. No issues on cuts or crosses. Some people found it to feel "cheap" but I personally liked the suede. It's more supportive than flyknit and gets just as soft after break in.

There's a great, solid bite on semi-dusty to clean courts. When the grooves get packed with crap (i play outdoors in my xDR IDs), just do a solid wipe and you'd be good to go. The other translucent colorways are just plain dust magnets though. In terms of how frequent it gets packed with dust? Expect 1 - 2 wipes a game. Definitely a tier or two above tractions on the 2017/2017 CE, Jordan 32, PG1, and slightly above the 2017 HD.

Last edited:
Damn those Inlines look beat the hell up. How much did you play in them? And did you only wear them to play indoors?
Not my picture, My bad.

Inlines/Baselines are my top 3 mid color (other 2 are the fearless and optimism) but I haven’t cop because Ik they are gonna get dirty hella fast

2EA36C88-8572-4612-A981-42B287BA9A23.png

2EA36C88-8572-4612-A981-42B287BA9A23.png
Also not sure anyone else posted but this is rumored to be apart of Nike’s “City Pack”. I keep reading about conflicting dates 12/23 & 12/26? The AD looks good, I would love for the halo around the swoosh to be even all the way around, but I’m still going to cop.

Any updated info on these?

Back
Top Bottom