THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

1658041571011.png

Looking at those Kobe VIII’s and thinking how crazy Nike was having Kobe play full contact basketball in soccer shoes😂

The Kobe 8 might be the minimalist basketball sneaker of all time.
Honestly it hurts me to say this but the 8s were so bad to ball in. Maybe because I play outdoors, but it’s so thin and not much cushioning. The AD NXT 360 is the updated version of the 8 with more cushioning. That’s just my take. I love the looks of the 8s though.

Honestly it hurts me to say this but the 8s were so bad to ball in. Maybe because I play outdoors, but it’s so thin and not much cushioning. The AD NXT 360 is the updated version of the 8 with more cushioning. That’s just my take. I love the looks of the 8s though.
I would agree, I only played exclusively in the elite super hero pair that had forefoot and heel zoom bags. My best comparison to the feeling is unlocked zoom

the 8's were good for about a week, after that, the lack of cushioning caused injury and soreness all over.

i know a lot of people want them to protro, but if they have the same b.s. foam then nike can keep them. i'll take react tho.

the 8's were good for about a week, after that, the lack of cushioning caused injury and soreness all over.

i know a lot of people want them to protro, but if they have the same b.s. foam then nike can keep them. i'll take react tho.
I must either not played enough ball in my pairs or I had too many to choose from cuz my 2 ID pairs from then still holding me down

I must either not played enough ball in my pairs or I had too many to choose from cuz my 2 ID pairs from then still holding me down

It’s almost as if everyone plays differently. I’m on my toes a lot and they were the reason why I got turf toe injury. No support in the forefoot whatsoever

My heels and knees were sore after wearing the 8s casually for a week. Wearing the 8s was the first time I felt washed😂

My heels and knees were sore after wearing the 8s casually for a week. Wearing the 8s was the first time I felt washed😂

I don't have those problems in my heavy a** Lebron's!

1658260029639.gif

What’s the best Kobe for hooping in your guys opinion? After saying the 8 was subpar, just interested to see your guys opinion.

What’s the best Kobe for hooping in your guys opinion? After saying the 8 was subpar, just interested to see your guys opinion.

every shoe has it's pros and cons. some have better traction, some have better cushion.

to me, it's the 6's. the shoe literally molded to your foot. the upper was flexible and that's what allowed that to happen. no break-in required.

the 9's had similar characteristics as i stated but that foam drop in midsole pisses me off when i think about it. if the 9 existed with full length zoom strobel then that would be the best shoe ever created. traction, materials, looks, cushion, good to go out the box.

every shoe has it's pros and cons. some have better traction, some have better cushion.

to me, it's the 6's. the shoe literally molded to your foot. the upper was flexible and that's what allowed that to happen. no break-in required.

the 9's had similar characteristics as i stated but that foam drop in midsole pisses me off when i think about it. if the 9 existed with full length zoom strobel then that would be the best shoe ever created. traction, materials, looks, cushion, good to go out the box.

Take the full length Zoom drop-in midsoles from the Lebron 11's and put them in the Kobe 9's and it's

1658270548580.gif

Back
Top Bottom