THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Good memories from the 2015-16 season, Kobe's final career year, when he was giving away his game-worn shoes and autographing them to individual players after a game. The Kobe XI is one of my favorite models from his signature line.

I do recall he hooked up LeBron in the post above. I know he hooked up a litany of guys that season, I just can't recall all of them. I know he hooked up Devin Booker. I really remember when he hooked up Tony Allen (Grizzlies) after a game because he autographed the shoes writing how he was his toughest defender.

AFBBA3E1-8631-41AC-B794-C6117D813A2B.jpeg

Someone is selling these used Kobes XI's Elite for €90. Apart from the fact that the laces are choked out and there are some signs of use on the tongue they look good to me, especially the soles. A thorough clean and I can see this pair looking pretty fresh...

Two questions please, first, are they legit? & if so would you recommend the Kobe XI Elite as an indoor ball shoe?

Attachments

• c68924a5-ac72-45b1-a442-09a481e81590.jpeg
    c68924a5-ac72-45b1-a442-09a481e81590.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 16
  • f7d5718d-b5dd-41bb-aace-472a03bb9716.jpeg
    f7d5718d-b5dd-41bb-aace-472a03bb9716.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 17
  • 91ddc8a3-99da-439d-b6ef-5dccd1047e64.jpeg
    91ddc8a3-99da-439d-b6ef-5dccd1047e64.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 18
  • c2acbc7a-5c22-4baf-9ddc-80f9d6128ac3.jpeg
    c2acbc7a-5c22-4baf-9ddc-80f9d6128ac3.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 620b4a8f-a09d-451b-9861-a0f6e92f4650.jpeg
    620b4a8f-a09d-451b-9861-a0f6e92f4650.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 4c97b06d-a625-4e02-a724-555f5cfb3a7b.jpeg
    4c97b06d-a625-4e02-a724-555f5cfb3a7b.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 301
  • 51e2ceba-4993-4cdf-b980-0ab7064b2c89.jpeg
    51e2ceba-4993-4cdf-b980-0ab7064b2c89.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 91
  • c2198a39-fcdc-44ec-a72c-96c14b4f527e.jpeg
    c2198a39-fcdc-44ec-a72c-96c14b4f527e.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 20
Someone is selling these used Kobes XI's Elite for €90. Apart from the fact that the laces are choked out and there are some signs of use on the tongue they look good to me, especially the soles. A thorough clean and I can see this pair looking pretty fresh...

Two questions please, first, are they legit? & if so would you recommend the Kobe XI Elite as an indoor ball shoe?

Definitely legit. The vertical stains on the heels are from the glue on the seam underneath.

question for those of you who have hooped in the 5s and 6s…

i think it’s fair to say there’s a slightly
majority that prefer 6s over 5s for performance/hooping. the 5s are my favorite hooping shoe of all time. i owned the 6s but it was the OG grinch’s and i only wore them casually.

for those of you that like 6s better than 5s… why? what do you like better? what don’t you like better?

majority that prefer 6s over 5s for performance/hooping. the 5s are my favorite hooping shoe of all time. i owned the 6s but it was the OG grinch’s and i only wore them casually.

for those of you that like 6s better than 5s… why? what do you like better? what don’t you like better?

I agree with you I preferred the 5s mostly because of how low to the ground they were. That feeling was unparalleled to me.

To this day I don’t think I’ve had a shoe that molded to my foot better than the 6s. It felt like I was putting on the rest of my foot to hoop

I know you speaking on 5s and 6s.... but 8s for me. To ne be fair....Had more reps in those than all the other models

Last edited:
whatever you paid, it was worth it
When you gotta make that harsh decision on buying now so you don't regret later lol.... which has been commonplace with Kobes especially the pairs that had the larger release. As mentioned before wanting a pair for 30 bucks less than what the seller was willing... and now seeing prices

I really liked the Kobe XI since it had a nice design and they were out in his final NBA season.

It's too bad I wasn't able to go outside on Thursday because I wanted to honor/mourn Kobe with wearing the Eulogy XI since it was exactly 3 years. But I was able to make it outside yesterday and wear them a day later. I've only worn this pair with this Starter jacket ever since I got them back in 2016.
IMG_6688.JPG

Kobe XI Eulogy on my feet.
IMG_6690.JPG

Had 3 pairs of 5’s back in the day. My Dark Knight Kobe 5 ripped at the pinky toe flex point after a month of ball. Too narrow for me. 6’s were more accommodating in the toe box and were a great blend of court feel and cushion once the insole broke in.

I agree with you I preferred the 5s mostly because of how low to the ground they were. That feeling was unparalleled to me.
5s really ruined court feel for me. it's probably the second or third most important thing i want in a hoops shoe.
To this day I don’t think I’ve had a shoe that molded to my foot better than the 6s. It felt like I was putting on the rest of my foot to hoop
i hear this a lot: how the shoe molds to your foot.

5s really ruined court feel for me. it's probably the second or third most important thing i want in a hoops shoe.

i hear this a lot: how the shoe molds to your foot.
I dont know how true the protro 6s are compared to the OGs (protro 1s were a different shoe) but the OG 6s are probably my favorite hoop shoe of all time cause of that

I dont know how true the protro 6s are compared to the OGs (protro 1s were a different shoe) but the OG 6s are probably my favorite hoop shoe of all time cause of that

The protro6 has a much narrower shape and tighter fit than the og. A lot of people including myself have to go up a half size in it, which leads to some empty space in the front. I really liked the shape and fit of the og better.

I still have a wearable (yes - for hooping) pair of the OG 6s and the biggest difference to me is the forefoot zoom on the protros being a bit more pronounced than on the OGs.
OGs have that zoom in the heel tho that the protros don't.
Aside from that everything feels the same to me. I wear the same size on both shoes etc.
Kobe 6s to me are the GOAT basketball shoes ever - OGs or Protros, either works fine for me. Excellent court feel with just the right amount of cushion, excellent lockdown, stability, traction, fit, weight, style, and when that insole breaks in and molds to your foot? Sheesh.

I still have a wearable (yes - for hooping) pair of the OG 6s and the biggest difference to me is the forefoot zoom on the protros being a bit more pronounced than on the OGs.
OGs have that zoom in the heel tho that the protros don't.
Aside from that everything feels the same to me. I wear the same size on both shoes etc.
Kobe 6s to me are the GOAT basketball shoes ever - OGs or Protros, either works fine for me. Excellent court feel with just the right amount of cushion, excellent lockdown, stability, traction, fit, weight, style, and when that insole breaks in and molds to your foot? Sheesh.
both soles completely separated on my 1s and 4s and got peeling on my 5s but luckily all my 6s are intact… been meaning to see if shoe repair store can take care of em

Back
Top Bottom