THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

MANNNNNN YOU HAD 11 HIGHS SITTING IN YOUR FTL?? New York always screwing with me >.>
9s you mean?!
Nobody wanted the high elites when it came out
I wouldn't say that's true. The Masterpieces changed the bar. Those didn't sit. I believe the Perspectives sold next... and those didn't sit neither. Called up Nike(former at Roosevelt field mall) on release day for those and asked if they still had em. Took the drive with me sis from BK... tried them on and was still contemplating but ended up buying them. Funny my CC canceled the transaction cuz of the amount. Had to call them up lop. Now obviously as more colors came out... folks didn't gravitate to a few cuz of the colorway. I'll def say the Elite 9s were better than the Elite 10s

9s you mean?!

I wouldn't say that's true. The Masterpieces changed the bar. Those didn't sit. I believe the Perspectives sold next... and those didn't sit neither. Called up Nike(former at Roosevelt field mall) on release day for those and asked if they still had em. Took the drive with me sis from BK... tried them on and was still contemplating but ended up buying them. Funny my CC canceled the transaction cuz of the amount. Had to call them up lop. Now obviously as more colors came out... folks didn't gravitate to a few cuz of the colorway. I'll def say the Elite 9s were better than the Elite 10s
Yeah my bad 9s LOL. I was living in Jackson Heights at the time and in college so I wasn't really too much into the sneaker game with how busy I was but most of the FTL stores in the city and Queens didn't have the elites sitting.

SmartSelect_20230515-155517_Instagram.jpg

Good old days
The good old days. Miss Kobes sitting at FTL and going on disco.

React is nike's latest and greatest (marketing push) foam at the moment, so yes they will consider that a "protro" ...

but the mystery is the foam density and rebound and compound between the lunarlon and react and how it varies.

DeMar Derozan is on the latest Podcast P (PG’s pod) he talks about his relationship with Kobe and a bunch of other stuff. Really good listen.

Said he originally started playing with his shoes not laced super tight because he had some Jordan 9s he didn’t want to mess up when he was young and ever since then he’s been playing that way. Also said his ankles are abnormally stiff and he can’t do some of the stretches the trainers have them do.

Also talked about how he got his nickname DeeBo.. apparently he was so athletic at a young age he was catching bodies in 6th grade. Some big 8th grader fouled him really hard, they squared up, DeMar kicked his *** and a Compton legend was born. Even his teachers were calling him DeeBo :lol: :pimp:

Yea same size as the OGs for me.
Unlike the protro 5 and 6 which fit a lot tighter than the OGs to me.
Thanks man! Yeah the protro 5 and 6 were suffocating compared to the og. The lakers undefeated 4s are pure fire. If the lakers win the chip I might have to splurge for some!

I think Nike might have big plans for the Kobe line. But they might dilute it just as quickly. Just give us the sneakers Nike and Protro the 4s and 6s heavy then screw it up afterwards. I have a feeling they will make color ways we don't want before they Protro the older/classic color ways we actually want just like Jordan Brand does. They will have to finalize their plan by end of the year before 2024 hits and it will be great marketing for them.

Back
Top Bottom