THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

its funny because all these protro PEs are basically glorified IDs. the players have access to this iD program and thats how they customize them, so the question is why don’t they let the public access this program too?

They are not true PEs like the ones that were made only for kobe back in the day, or even lebron or kd. I had to laugh when that spencer spez whatever dude called himself the “kobe king” just for having some glorified iDs

its funny because all these protro PEs are basically glorified IDs. the players have access to this iD program and thats how they customize them, so the question is why don’t they let the public access this program too?

They are not true PEs like the ones that were made only for kobe back in the day, or even lebron or kd. I had to laugh when that spencer spez whatever dude called himself the “kobe king” just for having some glorified iDs
Ohhh shots fired. When did he say that?!

Which one of you ballers is this!?? :wow:
No way this is a real bid lol
346595E0-BC38-4277-AD09-87211EFED692.jpeg

Where did you hear they have this ID program because from what I know, they do not. I know this theory has been shared many times but I have yet to see anyone back that up with actual facts. Nike sends PE’s based on what the athlete wants but there is no builder on the site.

I have a buddy who not too long ago had access to a Nike athletes (nba) account (they’re both friends) and that was never there. Regular ID was available however but no special options on customizing that wasn’t available to the public.

Where did you hear they have this ID program because from what I know, they do not. I know this theory has been shared many times but I have yet to see anyone back that up with actual facts. Nike sends PE’s based on what the athlete wants but there is no builder on the site.

I have a buddy who not too long ago had access to a Nike athletes (nba) account (they’re both friends) and that was never there. Regular ID was available however but no special options on customizing that wasn’t available to the public.

I’m just going off these pics from PJ Tucker with all those custom details that i assume PJ selected, plus the fact the other players‘ PEs are so similar to each other, for example swoosh gradients, heel cup gradients, speckles etc. just like iDs.

Like idk how to explain but i can tell right away when an OG Kobe is an iD, that’s the vibe i get from these protro PEs
C4635FDB-B763-4B63-9CBF-343DFE428E4F.jpeg
C9B2CE2D-6C51-4F6A-BADE-5E9414282033.jpeg
561E21B9-87D6-40C2-890C-E6271208F60D.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s definitely a bid. There aren’t any pairs for sale.
3CFF30E0-FD37-4C4C-939A-1B6B452A23F7.jpeg

I was going by the first photo. But from what I understand, StockX pulls data from other sites. Not sure if the bids work the same way. Either way, it's some dumb kid doing it. And it's sending more traffic to the website. Or maybe Stockx/Dan Gilbert is being sneaky.

Nike Kobe 8 Protro “Court Purple”
Color: White/Court Purple-White
Style Code: FQ3549-100
Release Date: February 8, 2024
Price: $190
1698090369239.png

1698090932769.png

1698091033350.png

1698091121085.png

1698091242371.png

1698091279627.png

I’m wondering what’s Nike’s like actual plan with the line. Making new colorways that are either basic or just don’t look good makes no sense to me when there are protros that look better and are what people actually are looking forward too

Good to see the Kobe line back, but Nike can keep most (if not all) of these newer colorways and just give me classic rereleases…

Outside of maybe the Reverse Grinches I’ll be passing on all of this new stuff.

The thing is we know Nike is capable of making new color ways that are good with decent storytelling. I think the Wizenard 4s and the EYBL Medusa 5s are good examples of a new spin on classic models. Tell me that Wizenard print won't go crazy on the 8's engineered mesh upper.

Back
Top Bottom