THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

They were., but I missed out or should I say passed. Kobe IV’s were available from GR’s, Team Banks and HOH exclusives for reasonable prices. This black/white/red pair I caught on eBay a year later

So that is an ID pair and not TB? Either way, damn, I should've got those. Never have owned a single Kobe 4. Only one I really wanted at the time was the Del Sol, and I waited too long to buy a pair because they were slowly getting discounted around my area and I kept waiting for an even lower price. By the time I tried to buy a pair, my size had dried up completely LOL
I also doubly want a pair because I was at the MSG game when Kobe wore them to give the Knicks 61.

Nike Kobe 8 Protro “Court Purple”
Color: White/Court Purple-White
Style Code: FQ3549-100
Release Date: February 8, 2024
Price: $190
1698090369239.png

1698090932769.png

1698091033350.png

1698091121085.png

1698091242371.png

1698091279627.png
The color blocking gives big team shoe vibes

It's very strange that these don't adhere to the standard color blocking (that work and looks way better) that all the original colorways conformed to (no iconic snakeskin, heel counter color normally matches the midsole or outsole, plastic swoosh)

Not sure they can do story telling about a person who’s no longer with us in a way that will resonate with the general public…

Maybe it’s just me but my stance hasn’t changed, if I didn’t see Kobe with them they don’t really hit the same.
Which is why they need to stick with the already approved Kobe colorways—it's still a slew of colors he wore on court that were never released

They could go a few years with that gameplan, maybe modify the colors here and there but the heat is already there. They're trying to re-invent the wheel and im like bro the snakeskin material versions were perfect

Does it actually work tho? I’d be too scared to discolour the shoes
Jason Markk's is pretty solid protector but like any other shoe repellant it can only do so much—keeping white mesh clean and from yellowing is a whole part time job

How do you do that? 🤔

Paint or dye? I wanted to get a pair to do this too but was afraid of the color bleeding

It'll def bleed. Esp on with white laces.

Ohh not me... My boy doing the job for me. He used to do JO 1s customs years back... even did jobs of removing the patent leather off of those 1s that released and the shine of those shattered backboards. Went to HS with him. Reached out to a fellow Kobe guy on IG that does his own customs but then remembered by boy.

It's a paint job. He said to dye it there would be bleeding and with dye you don't have the certainty of getting that right shade you are looking for.

Think he told me he's going to paint the laces as well as that's how they were on the Kay Yows.

All that gradient actually crazy. If the PE’s actually that customizable, wow
Nike goes crazy on the PE's. I believe these are designed by Nike (not PJ) and handed to him. Or knowing PJ they're someone else's PE's he bought off them

Nike added the gradient design to the 6 a few years ago—a lot of the ones Booker wore and Derozon wears have it too

James Wiseman PE:

twitter_f82e40622fb0d27277f5c576b8ac4d7e.jpeg

Did they make nearly 1:1 fakes of the protro 5 undefeated pack? I got a bid accepted on StockX, hopefully all checks out 🤞

Back
Top Bottom