THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

On vacation out here in Japan. Set an alarm for midnight just for the hell of it. :nthat:
Screenshot_20240502_001138_SNKRS.jpg

So you had to be a “select donor” in order to purchase off the website? Man that foundation and queen mamba must be on to something SMH as if regular OG fans did not line up their pockets and support them before the incident :smh:

I just carted socks after an hour of trying to add items to cart. They just magically appeared in there. Still hesitating on $25 socks but it counts as a win today after all the Ls? Lol

Worked this morning, then spent a little two hours in traffic for about 5 minutes of actual time at Undefeated to pick up the shoes. Also grabbed a jersey since I couldn’t figure out sizing online. Gotta love LA with the traffic vs store time 😩🥳

Since I had to pick up the kicks at the La Brea location, I had to roll up in the Undefeated La Brea Protro 1s. Made it back home with some Panera food and worked for a few more hours. Just took a few shots (and will also be cross posting this in the Kobe VIII thread 🤍).

IMG_5848.jpeg
IMG_5852.jpeg
IMG_5860.jpeg
IMG_5847.jpeg

So you had to be a “select donor” in order to purchase off the website? Man that foundation and queen mamba must be on to something SMH as if regular OG fans did not line up their pockets and support them before the incident :smh:
Apparently long-term donors don't care for merch as it looks like there's a full size run on both shoes and jerseys on their site unless it isn't refreshed.

Has it been confirmed if the Kobe 9 low Protro Halo will be Elite or EM?
I want all the protro 9 releases to be flyknit Elites. To me that's the definitive version of the Kobe 9, and the only reason the EM existed back in 2014 was to fill a pricing ladder. Flyknit was new tech and Nike couldn't price it at the 140-160 range. Nowadays we have Flyknit running shoes that retail for $85, so there's no reason other than greed for Nike to not give us flyknit elites at the same $190 price.

I want all the protro 9 releases to be flyknit Elites. To me that's the definitive version of the Kobe 9, and the only reason the EM existed back in 2014 was to fill a pricing ladder. Flyknit was new tech and Nike couldn't price it at the 140-160 range. Nowadays we have Flyknit running shoes that retail for $85, so there's no reason other than greed for Nike to not give us flyknit elites at the same $190 price.
But if you’re actually hooping in them the em are superior IMO

I found the Flyknit Lows to be way more uncomfortable than the EMs. The Flyknits don’t even feel like Flyknit. They felt stiff as a board because they put some backing into them to increase the support.

Back
Top Bottom