THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

What if the Kobe AD is the replacement to the Mentality/Venomenon series?

We all know the Mentality/Venomenon incorporates designs and tech from the previous Kobe Signatures (the numbered models) and sells them at a lower "budget friendly" price.  And the ADs look as though they're using design elements from 6s/10s/whatever other Kobe Sigs...

Reach? 

but this shoe isn't on "a lower and budget friendly price"...

What if the Kobe AD is the replacement to the Mentality/Venomenon series?

We all know the Mentality/Venomenon incorporates designs and tech from the previous Kobe Signatures (the numbered models) and sells them at a lower "budget friendly" price.  And the ADs look as though they're using design elements from 6s/10s/whatever other Kobe Sigs...

Reach? 

but this shoe isn't on "a lower and budget friendly price"...

Take this and the fact that Nike's main promo image is the AD in front of sketches of Kobes I-XI... Seems pretty clear.

Last edited:
This is directly from the Sole Collector article about them, assuming its taken  from the unboxing video:

"Kobe the basketball player has retired, so it didn't make sense for me to progress from 11 to the 12, to the 13—that player is done," Bryant says. "So now we must move on. So how can we do that? How can we embody the spirit of a player who in essence has retired, or has passed away from the game. How can we embody the spirit of the line?"

Last edited:
Itt's not the best but this is the 12, Kobe says so himself. The rumor that there'd be only an elite model last year was never confirmed by Kobe.

You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment if you're waiting for a 12.

the 1st two colorblocking on those photoshops look the best, for the midsole. the last 2 midsole dont make it look too appealing imo

The colorblocking potential on this is huge. Just that pop of white on the inside of the heel nub is a cool detail. Love the diagonal line that starts before the top lace loop and bisects all the way to the sole/heel intersection. I think these have a lot of upside. Vision people. Vision.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom