THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

man i just took my pair to my local outdoor court to shoot around in for 45mins or so, i really really really like them

i went TTS (US11.5) and was wearing nikegrip power crew socks (the really *** thick ones) and it was a pretty good combo, there is a fair bit of space in the shoe especially on top of the foot, i also took some regular thinner socks that i usually play in but fit was no where near as good, so i would say going down half a size is probably the way to go, i also have a pair in US 11 coming which i will test and i suspect they will be even better, however i sometimes struggle with my left pinkie toe getting squished so i rarely am able to go down half a size, i think i might be able to get away with it though because of the 360 flyknit, worst case i would wear these TTS with thick socks and be happy.

they are really light, the feel is great, the cushion is great, i am going to be playing in these over any other hoop shoe i have atm, they are a lot of fun

ok now the bad but obvious part, due to the soft rubber nobs/nobbies/nodules/doo-dads - the stuff the traction is made out of, these are definitely not a shoe you ever want to take outside, stick to the indoor court people. my pair only got 40-45mins of shooting around and it completely obliterated some parts of the traction where i was dragging my foot, some of the little nobs are fully missing, the centre of the shoe is showing the beggining of wear already, these are so fun to play in and i'm playing a lot outdoors lately i'm just going to completely destroy this pair, you know for science, but yeah don't buy these if your going to play outside

the traction was f'ing great though as you would expect :wink:

gallery of the destruction here:

So, question....why haven't we seen more players wearing these...I'm not understanding that.
They are very minimal and thin. You get stepped on you are going to feel every bit of it. Maybe they want something with a little more material.

Last edited:
So, question....why haven't we seen more players wearing these...I'm not understanding that.

Yeah usually 50% of the damn league is wearing Kobe’s whenever they come out. Maybe because this colorway was real limited and not a ton of NBA guys were able to get them?

Yeah usually 50% of the damn league is wearing Kobe’s whenever they come out. Maybe because this colorway was real limited and not a ton of NBA guys were able to get them?
Lol you're wondering whether or not multi-millionaires have access to shoes with resale $2-300ish? They're not hooping in these because of performance or personal preference since they're so far into the season(playoffs).

Lol you're wondering whether or not multi-millionaires have access to shoes with resale $2-300ish? They're not hooping in these because of performance or personal preference since they're so far into the season(playoffs).

True. Could be that most of these guys don’t wanna switch up what shoe they’re wearing at this point while they’re in the playoffs. A lot of these guys have been rocking the same shoe just in different colorways for most of the season.

Back
Top Bottom