THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

So what seems to be the biggest issue, the upper or midsole?
Upper is stiff, zoom soles (heel) don't feel like zoom.  Picked up a pair of the Instincts, popped soles from the 11 in, and it's a better shoe than the AD (IMO).  Sad when you can doctor the $100 takedown and it's better than the regular model.  Maybe Elites will be better.   BTW.  I have both AD and Instinct for points of reference. 

Upper is stiff, zoom soles (heel) don't feel like zoom.  Picked up a pair of the Instincts, popped soles from the 11 in, and it's a better shoe than the AD (IMO).  Sad when you can doctor the $100 takedown and it's better than the regular model.  Maybe Elites will be better.   BTW.  I have both AD and Instinct for points of reference. 

That forefoot impact protection though...

He should have spend an extra $265 on top to ID and good the full zoom instead of just whatever the cost of the XIs are these days and he'd have the perfect takedown that cost $300+ to assemble.

That forefoot impact protection though...
Yup.  But the TPU is quite supportive, and it's a light shoe.  The 11 soles can be swapped out easily.  I tired both the full length and heel zoom just to see how it felt.  Perfect.   Reason I got the Instinct is because I wanted a Laker colorway.  

Last edited:
sneakers-worn-by-gary-harris-of-the-denver-nuggets-during-the-game-picture-id631844136

specks on swoosh would be money...my paint skills are terrible if i were to try to do it on my own...

Not really, my socks were full of dust after taking about 15 steps today. I've played in them a bunch more times and the sole still looks pretty much the same. The rubber just doesn't collect dust for some reason
so the rubber gives decent traction AND doesn't pick up dust?!  that's exactly like having the cake and eating it too!!!  thank you for the info as i am still on the fence whether to cop or not.  i don't want to wait too long for the fk version to find out they are not as good looking and the regular version sold out :/

Solid outsole is best. The gym wasn't dirty at all. I think they cleaned it yesterday due to closing MLK day. It was sticking and squeaking but it picked up some dust then it lost the squeak but it was still biting somewhat. I had to wipe to gain back its full traction. Curry 2 with translucent outsole(which has great traction on solid rubber) I had worn prior putting on the AD was slipping everywhere.

Last edited:
so the rubber gives decent traction AND doesn't pick up dust?!  that's exactly like having the cake and eating it too!!!  thank you for the info as i am still on the fence whether to cop or not.  i don't want to wait too long for the fk version to find out they are not as good looking and the regular version sold out :/

2 things you don't have to worry about in this shoe are traction (not just decent, great on my pair that has the white outsole) and lockdown. The midsole is not the softest/most plush and it doesn't have the most courtfeel but it's got a balance that I like. Also some dont like the materials of the upper but I haven't had any issues.

Last edited:
Do you guys think an XDR rubber outsole will work just as well as the solid white rubber during in door court use?

Do you guys think an XDR rubber outsole will work just as well as the solid white rubber during in door court use?
i wondered about the same thing when i got my kd trey 5, didn't have a problem with indoor use, and some said that if the xdr needed break-in, just take it outside and hoop a couple sessions then clean it, and after that it's good to go on indoor courts.  not sure if traction pattern plays a huge role tho.

I always wonder; why not use XDR on at least some colorways of every model? Similar to how Adidas uses Contintental.

Jahronmon has said his continental out sole on his d Lillard 2 has held up very well with outdoor use. I guess it would count as their version of xdr, probably even better. Just wondering if it's as grippy as regular rubber in terms of in door courts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom