THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

Rip Kobe… but I wish we could still get this level of creativity from Nike…

They've seemed to put all the energy into 5-10 second social media posts/ads which I guess makes sense in today's advertising. These types of ads were still better though

They barely release merch in any new Nike Basketball releases its very strange; they only seem to do it for LeBron and KD and even then its just some generic tees and shorts

Must've been low sales numbers for the associated/matching merch

"Radiant Emerald" WTF is that colorway? NIKE WHAT ARE YOU DOING? LOL SMH
Maybe release P.E.s to the public that Kobe wore?..maybe? you do it for King James so...... why not the Black Mamba? Jeez, CMON!!

1696448986550.gif

They've seemed to put all the energy into 5-10 second social media posts/ads which I guess makes sense in today's advertising. These types of ads were still better though

They barely release merch in any new Nike Basketball releases its very strange; they only seem to do it for LeBron and KD and even then its just some generic tees and shorts

Must've been low sales numbers for the associated/matching merch
Well they still release full fits and market releases for Jordan along with complete storytelling. 38s have an x underneath that’s said to represent mikes footwork on his signature turnaround 🤦🏾‍♂️… like fam what??? Meanwhile I don’t think we’ve ever seen any campaign behind a Kd, brons last commercial I remember was him riding the bikes to the arena in the xi’s that he himself didn’t wear. Nothing from Giannis.. this extends to the lack of creativity in the colorways. And the customers are disconnected from the retro’s. Kobe retros were in outlets till he passed unfortunately because of Nike and now we get those Bhm 6s and radiant emeralds that will still sellout 🤮… There used to be a full Christmas lineup, a full allstar lineup, a full Bhm Lineup. A USA lineup for the holiday. Now it’s all just meh. Higher price for an inferior product is the move in todays society

Well they still release full fits and market releases for Jordan along with complete storytelling. 38s have an x underneath that’s said to represent mikes footwork on his signature turnaround 🤦🏾‍♂️… like fam what??? Meanwhile I don’t think we’ve ever seen any campaign behind a Kd, brons last commercial I remember was him riding the bikes to the arena in the xi’s that he himself didn’t wear. Nothing from Giannis.. this extends to the lack of creativity in the colorways. And the customers are disconnected from the retro’s. Kobe retros were in outlets till he passed unfortunately because of Nike and now we get those Bhm 6s and radiant emeralds that will still sellout 🤮… There used to be a full Christmas lineup, a full allstar lineup, a full Bhm Lineup. A USA lineup for the holiday. Now it’s all just meh. Higher price for an inferior product is the move in todays society
That's facts though and damn I forgot all about Giannis's shoes; they literally post a couple pictures of his latest release and throw it out to the market

There's definitely a disconnect between customer and product in general—and DAMN the Christmas, All Star BHM lineups like wtf is going on. They literally must be syphoning money from Nike Basketball promotion/branding into another department

😂😂 Boy this colorway aint it!

My theory is that Vanessa must be creating and approving these new colorways as it was a part of the agreement—I don't know what else makes sense.

And tbh Kobe already approved the hot colorways just release those. There's a whole slew of unreleased PE's that Kobe wore on court that can be released.

nike did a whole series for the lebron 21s with jason momoa around father time.

😂😂 Boy this colorway aint it!

My theory is that Vanessa must be creating and approving these new colorways as it was a part of the agreement—I don't know what else makes sense.

And tbh Kobe already approved the hot colorways just release those. There's a whole slew of unreleased PE's that Kobe wore on court that can be released.

You think this is Vanessa's work? Nike has a history of screwing things up just fine on their own.

Direction of the Kobe line completely changed post the Bryant Estate/Nike reconnection

What happened to the Kobe 8 All Stars that were supposed to release?

never had these rumor at first place... not sure where that came from

Nike held several in-person discussions on Kobe and his line during the summer. I will say at that time they were in the planning stages. And the reason why I'm not expecting much until 2024 even with the mention of relaunching the brand in August 2023.

Direction of the Kobe line completely changed post the Bryant Estate/Nike reconnection

What happened to the Kobe 8 All Stars that were supposed to release?

Again you have no idea what you're talking about. Nike has big plans for the Kobe line. Think Jordan Brand. They aren't going to rush things, saturate the market, and experience what happened last time.

Nike held several in-person discussions on Kobe and his line during the summer. I will say at that time they were in the planning stages. And the reason why I'm not expecting much until 2024 even with the mention of relaunching the brand in August 2023.

Again you have no idea what you're talking about. Nike has big plans for the Kobe line. Think Jordan Brand. They aren't going to rush things, saturate the market, and experience what happened last time.

Hmmmm interesting 🤔

Source? Or opinion?

Please forgive us for having Zero faith in how things are being run with Nike/Kobe/Jordan. A big gripe of Vanessa’s was how limited the product was and their first course of action was to release limited product. Speaking of saturating the market have you seen what Jordan brand has done with the 2s this year? Or the 1s in the last 2-3 years after doing what they did with the 3s? They don’t want what happened last time to happen again? 1. What happened last time is a direct result of inflated prices…sure your special releases will sellout but regular Gr Kobe’s should not be 200$ when they retailed for $130-160. 2. Beside the reverse grinches. Why are all the leaked shoes the colorways that nobody asked for?For example that emerald 8 catastrophe when they’ve denied us every dope colorway kobe wore that year including the amnesty games
IMG_0011.jpeg

I just don’t get the feeling they really got a pulse on what the people want.

Back
Top Bottom