THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

My favourite was the third guy, least favourite was the couple at the end, they just seemed like they jumped on the Kobe bandwagon with all those other shoes on display. It just didn't seem right to include them when everyone else had Kobe stuff dominating their collection.

Anyone got a link for the ABC Kobe documentary?
Third guy definitely my favorite. Qias made it more about the money than kobe.

MAN WE REALLY NOT GETTING ANY MORE KOBES :frown::frown::frown: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Maybe i should find another model that works for me as well. so i can slow my roll on hooping in all my kobes

Maybe i should find another model that works for me as well. so i can slow my roll on hooping in all my kobes
I still play in my Kobes but the struggle is real with finding modern shoes that are similar in performance to Kobes. Closest that I've found that have the most things similar to Kobes were the Clyde Hardwood and Clyde All-Pro. I just got the Air Zoom G.T. Cut and the forefoot cushion (and court feel) are the only things that feel like a Kobe. The heel is super elevated and that upper is so soft with a lack of proper containment that they had to add the "rail guard" to keep the foot from sliding off.

Saw a Mercari listing of an obviously fake pair of the Mamba Forever 6’s and people have it in their carts smh

DB6810E1-2A2E-49BF-979A-CAB20D88F6F0.jpeg
C386B3EC-22C9-4D6A-BA0B-8E928D1B6E2D.jpeg

Recent addition. Gifted to me by a very generous friend - feeling very grateful.

Looking to purchase a pair of Kobe 1 but don't know how the sizing is. Was wondering if anybody on here could help me? Never owned a pair of kobes so unfortunately don't have anything to compare sizing. Any help would be appreciated though!

Looking to purchase a pair of Kobe 1 but don't know how the sizing is. Was wondering if anybody on here could help me? Never owned a pair of kobes so unfortunately don't have anything to compare sizing. Any help would be appreciated though!
TTS for me, as well. Other shoes that are TTS for me that may help your comparisons: Air Jordan 12, 31 through 35. Zoom Freak 1. Kyrie 1, 2, 4 through 7. Air Force 1, Zoom Pegasus 37, 38.

TTS for me, as well. Other shoes that are TTS for me that may help your comparisons: Air Jordan 12, 31 through 35. Zoom Freak 1. Kyrie 1, 2, 4 through 7. Air Force 1, Zoom Pegasus 37, 38.
Is that your TTS casually or to play ball? I like my shoes a little tighter when playing ball so I normally half size down. I'm a casual 11.5 in Kyrie 7s but size down to 11s to play in. Are the Kobe's 1 like that? I want to wear the Kobe 1s casually so should I go with the 11.5? That should leave me around a thumbs width of length at the edge of the shoe.

Is that your TTS casually or to play ball? I like my shoes a little tighter when playing ball so I normally half size down. I'm a casual 11.5 in Kyrie 7s but size down to 11s to play in. Are the Kobe's 1 like that? I want to wear the Kobe 1s casually so should I go with the 11.5? That should leave me around a thumbs width of length at the edge of the shoe.
That's my TTS for both casual and performance. I have a semi-wide foot so I take into account the width of the shoe for comfort and usually leave about a half thumb's width for the front. After that, I base how my forefoot feels due to the cushion setup/placement. Especially if there are flex grooves in the outsole and a Zoom bag in the forefoot. I need the ball of my foot to land in the right spot or the overall fit/comfort level is going to be turr'ble and it'd be pointless for me to wear a shoe that doesn't fit my foot just right.

That's my TTS for both casual and performance. I have a semi-wide foot so I take into account the width of the shoe for comfort and usually leave about a half thumb's width for the front. After that, I base how my forefoot feels due to the cushion setup/placement. Especially if there are flex grooves in the outsole and a Zoom bag in the forefoot. I need the ball of my foot to land in the right spot or the overall fit/comfort level is going to be turr'ble and it'd be pointless for me to wear a shoe that doesn't fit my foot just right.
Sounds good, thanks. My foot is semi-wide so I always go off that foot. I like a little more room for casual wear because of the wide foot; it gets sore sometimes throughout the day if I were to get them in my basketball size. My basketball size leaves about half a thumbs width also which is perfect for playing in obviously. Sounds like a 11.5 would be good for me to wear casually. No plans in playing in them.

Sounds good, thanks. My foot is semi-wide so I always go off that foot. I like a little more room for casual wear because of the wide foot; it gets sore sometimes throughout the day if I were to get them in my basketball size. My basketball size leaves about half a thumbs width also which is perfect for playing in obviously. Sounds like a 11.5 would be good for me to wear casually. No plans in playing in them.
Right on. Glad that my info. was helpful. Kobe 1 Protro are extremely comfortable. I have pairs that I use for indoors and others for outdoors and I can also wear all of them casually.

Right on. Glad that my info. was helpful. Kobe 1 Protro are extremely comfortable. I have pairs that I use for indoors and others for outdoors and I can also wear all of them casually.
Would you happen to have any advice on the Jordan 9? I'm looking at the Kobe PE in those as well.

I wear 11.5 in AM90s and AM1s with around a thumbs width at the end of the shoe. Think I should still go up half a size to 12s?

Judging from this info...I think you could probably get away with an 11.5 in Jordan 9s. But a size 12 would probably be fine (albeit a bit roomy) for casual wear. Maybe get a few other opinions first. I have narrow feet, true size 14, and I wear a 14 in all my Kobes, Kyries, and Air Max 1s and 90s...but Jordan 9s are too short and snug IMO.

Judging from this info...I think you could probably get away with an 11.5 in Jordan 9s. But a size 12 would probably be fine (albeit a bit roomy) for casual wear. Maybe get a few other opinions first. I have narrow feet, true size 14, and I wear a 14 in all my Kobes, Kyries, and Air Max 1s and 90s...but Jordan 9s are too short and snug IMO.
Thanks. Maybe I'll just stick with the Kobe 1s for now then. Ha. Most of the Kobe's are unfortunately priced pretty high now (for obviously reasons) but I picked up the yellow toe questions and have always wanted a pair of kobes 1s. I really just like the 9s because of the Kobe reference. Appreciate the help though.

I got half size up for casual and TTS for basketball.

TTS isn’t snug like newer basketball shoes, they just fit.

I got half size up for casual and TTS for basketball.

TTS isn’t snug like newer basketball shoes, they just fit.
Okay cool. I'll go with 11.5 fine. My basketball shoes are 11s and fit perfect for basketball. Wouldn't want to walk all day on them.

I've only purchased Kobes new from the store, either online or in person. However, I'm having major withdrawal and need to buy some new shoes. I can't afford resale prices for DS, so I'm looking at used. Any tips or things to watch out for? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom