The Official Nike Kobe Retro Thread

I'm surprised The Grove even has around 100 even for being LA. Nike didn't really flood LA with any of the Preludes, NRG, or HTM releases in the past

hey brotha... first time coming to the grove... i showed up at 8:10am.... there were 40 people in line... i just waited and people told me there's supposedly 100 pairs... so enough to go around, but doesn't mean i'll get my size.... 9am and the nike managers comes out and gives out wristbands just so the line is order... 10 more minutes till the store opens....

but honestly 100 sounds so little especially being in LA.... like come on this is Kobe/Laker City give us 1,000 pairs!
Were you able to get your pair?

hey brotha... first time coming to the grove... i showed up at 8:10am.... there were 40 people in line... i just waited and people told me there's supposedly 100 pairs... so enough to go around, but doesn't mean i'll get my size.... 9am and the nike managers comes out and gives out wristbands just so the line is order... 10 more minutes till the store opens....

but honestly 100 sounds so little especially being in LA.... like come on this is Kobe/Laker City give us 1,000 pairs!

Keep us posted.

Trying to gauge if its worth driving the hour+ when the 4 or 5s drop And how early i need to leave my crib.

I like the grove but they are just very slow with limited releases. Keep the shoes out instead of running to the back.

They gave out wristbands...take the sizes along with the wristband number so you have the shoes ready once people get inside.

Got em!!!
Congrats!
smokin.gif

How does the situation look? Were there a lot of pairs?

(pics please!)

I could care less about this uninspired hypebeast garbage. I'm only curious as to what they want for the Zoom Kobe 1's? I want the white/red all star if they ever come back around but chances are i'll have to pay some ridiculous retail price, in which case I'll pass. Not interested in anything else unless they do clean 2k4 or 2k5 cw's. speaking of 2k5's I wonder why those aren't included in this set
nerd.gif

So details about the drop, got there relatively late around 930, Ithere were people that had wristbands but I was one of the first ones without one. Opened at 10, line moved at a steady pace they were letting about 10ppl in at a time. Took about 40 minutes for me to get inside, I want to say I was around no. 60 in line, had to try them on cause I remembered the 1s ran big. Pretty seamless process honestly, there we're a few people that bought sizes in hopes of a size swap but luckily there weren't too many big footers in line. All in all four a little over an hour, completely satisfied obviously. Hopefully the rest of the releases are similar.

As for the shoes themselves, really nice. They remind me of the only pair of 1s I got, the MPLS. Wish I could have helped you guys out. In for the 3s and XIs as well, maybe 6s.

View media item 1963199

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom