The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

To everyone saying these are trash, watch once they put out a limited sneaker you'll come running back. Talking bout "must cop for me".

The word "limited" will change your perspective

It didn't work well for DB Lebron 13s.. Those actually hit outlets despite being really limited.

Sometimes people simply just don't like the design of a shoe.

To everyone saying these are trash, watch once they put out a limited sneaker you'll come running back. Talking bout "must cop for me".

this word means nothing to me, now if they use the word "EXT" than i'm in otherwise i might find a decent colorway of these low soldier x to pick up like i did for the F13s

That
the word CAVS would change my perspective

That as well. I'm actually digging this sneaker from the initial pics. I stated previously that I needed a wine and gold color way and I would be all in even more. This sneaker to me is a fresh start from previous models.

View media item 2275966
Saw this image in ig. It looks so much better than first Cw. It really shows it has potential to be great!

This illustration makes the color blocking and the front toe piece look good with the same color of the midsole. And the fact the upper does have holes on it make them look clean. I would like to see a synthetic upper rather than mesh or whatever the name Nike gives it.

The hex zoom pods like on the 12s won't be felt by us that's under 180 lbs. so the cushioning won't be as good. I don't like the feel of it. The zoom doesn't feel leveled so it feels like there's 3 rocks under my forefoot, that's how it felt on the 12 personally so I wasn't feeling the 12 because of that. Hope it's not like that here. The 3 hex pods is low key rip of adidas "feet you wear" idea, not a reach just think about it you will see or maybe not if you are blinded teehee

What? Who buys anything because it's limited? If you're doing that you don't like the shoe, you like attention.

It always does.

"Limited" and "high resell value and demand" will turn a turd to a diamond. It's never "creativity".

That's been adidas trump card for the past year and a half and it's working like a charm.

Trust me guys , Nike can turn back the clock if they wanted to and get everyone mad in here again dropping limited shoe after limited shoe and having people angry once again.

I don't miss that.

Nike needs to quit playing around and hire this guy: instagram.com/tommy_oleson
I agree dude has got some mad talent...I think he would be a breath of fresh air for nike (no pun intended)

Although they are nice sketches, half those shoes have soo much extra shoe past where the actual heel sits inside the shoe. Shoes will always look better in sketches then the actual product. Look at those am2017 he has tons of on there. Who wants to use a shoe that has a couple inches of shoe aft of your heel?

I think it's a decent shoe.  I actually like the first color way and I like the strap on the sig.  Last time was the 5???  If it performs well, I think it'll do well.  The problem is, if you're going to push back the release of the shoe and be super secretive about it, it needs to blow everything out the water.  It needs to be a shoe with a new material, new technology, etc.  You have one of the most elite athletes coming off a historic season and championship....you push his new sig back, it needs to be a shoe that is ahead of its time ala Air Jordan XI.  This shoe doesn't do that.  Not going to hate on it too much, just saying with the circumstances, you have to hit it out the park.  

To those who are upset about the hex pods, do we know that it's not lebron requesting them? There haven't been too many examples of Nike using them else where in their products. You'd think that if they were to develop something for a sig, it would get filtered down to other products in the line.

laugh.gif
 my bad...I don't really have a brain right now.  My brain is literally no where to be found.  When you're a teacher, father, husband and expecting one more child, you literally lose your mind.  Hahaha.  

To those who are upset about the hex pods, do we know that it's not lebron requesting them? There haven't been too many examples of Nike using them else where in their products. You'd think that if they were to develop something for a sig, it would get filtered down to other products in the line.

My man, I think factory tooling, manufacturing costs and trends determine the type of cushioning to use. The Hex pods are most probably cheaper to produce and the hexagon shape with the multiple sides could allow for pods of varying shapes and sizes to be produced with minimal effort.

Let's be honest, less than 5% of the general public is going to pay retail for the shoe. Most of us will wait for $80-$100 and grab them. That means when they build the shoe, they have get the maximum possible margin out of $80 not $170 MSRP.

Looking at these again, they aren't half bad - actually 'normal' looking but the price point is completely off. These would make sense as a $130 MSRP shoe.

so i'll play devils advocate, there's an article someone else can look for it, but it talks about current trends, the whole what's in and what sells. The biggest take away is that basketball shoes were out and runners were the current "IN" inrefrence to culture and sales. Almost all of Addidas basketball line has shifted to low tops coupled with their lower prices and it seems they are riding the wave of the trends, nike finally adjusted prices and are lower the cut of the shoes to follow the trends as well. you want to see outstanding basketball shoes, well they have to come back in style which may not happen for awhile, the bubble burst and sales somewhat suffered to the point FTL wrote Nike about it. I'm not a fan of lowtops, or the newest trends, i'm my own person and i prefer midtops and the such, i like my pants baggy and my sweats too. The current look of shoes is geared towards trying to get the kids to buy them not grown men who love the 90s style 2.5 decades ago, these kids/young adults are who we ultimately have to blame as it's their time to shine and make the trends of today

Very true my man, but 99% of these new trends are some repackaging of an older trend. With Nike essentially being a laggard in the low top/running trend, do you think they ought to have gone a different direction? Right now they are neither here nor there.

First person I've seen to say they didn't like the 7s lol.
I didnt like the 7s when they first dropped, I thought they were bootleg 11s... couldnt get me to look at em twice

The 8s were the first lebron I respected enough to wanna cop... honorable mention to the 2s and 3s though, but the feeling wasnt there

at least those looked like a sig shoe, these 14s are generic as ish.. call em the lunar air max conglomerate and none of us would debate that these are a lebron shoe

Back
Top Bottom