The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

So do we have any official release dates for these? I like the design and am definitely eager to try a pair on

I honestly haven't been excited about any new designed sneaker in a while. So the seeing the 14's have been a breath of fresh air for me! From the way nobody even had a clue of how the actually look (aside from the the pair he wore in the black & white vid) to him breaking them out on Christmas day. That was very well played by Nike imo and love them or hate them, that definitley bought excitment to the unveiling of the shoe. Looking forward to picking up the pair he wore on Christmas for me and my baby boy whenever they drop

nice designs guys 
pimp.gif

Shows that the shoe definitely has potential. Hopefully nike will do their job.

Last edited:
In theory these are lowtops, with the high cuts of the shoe being the bootie (which doesnt add stability). Interesting that a larger (no ayo) player like Lebron opted for a lower cut.

I like the shoe, I'm kinda worried about my ankles, but will see that when the shoe drops. 

My biggest concern is the durability of the shoe. 
I've been reading this thread since  the beginning. Everybody is talking about CWs and bad designs, but what about the durability?
I'm known for going through my shoes quickly due to the fact that I'm a quite heavy PF that really puts pressure on the shoes. 

During the course of the years, I went from having 1 shoe for a year (remember nike's warranty says 2 years, so a shoe should last theoretically 2 years) to 2-3 shoes per year. My team is not throwing shoes at me for free and I don't wear them casually so it's quite annoying to keep buying shoes over n over again especially because of many break-in periods etc.

Lebron-wise:

11: after 4 months i broke the shankplate in 1/2, shoe was done. 
12: after 3 months it ripped and then the shankplate cracked after 5 months
13: after 3-4 months the flywire on the laces broke and all of a sudden I didn't have any support
13 elites: 5 months in the shankplate started cracking, but once i made a pull-up jumper the backsole fully came off
Now because the 14s are late, I am wearing hyperdunk 2017s and the mesh on them are already breaking up....have had them for 3 months now. 

Thankfully all (not yet done with the hyperdunks) these were replaced by Nike. 

Coming back to the main thing:

View media item 2276910

Assuming that Lebron has played in these 2 (warm-up + game) times (maybe more??), what about the paint already fading away?
It looks like those are the points where the shoes are more likely to break up...
...and I don't want another shoe that lasts only about 3-4 months :)))) 

How often do you play? If you are playing once a week...i feel you on the durability; but if you are heavier and ball 3-5 times a week 3-6 months sounds about right.

Personally I've played ball my whole life and i think today's kicks are much more durable. I can remember burning holes in seude uppers...sole separation...as much as some folks hate synthetics...(fuse, posite). They seem to be able to take a pounding. The jury is still out on the knit kicks for me.

I agree but disagree about the CW you like and that 90% of CWs being horrible.. The 12 was a great design I agree but the hyper-price drew people off..but it still sold well. The Data CW is definitly one of MY top CWs for the 12 as well as Court Vision, All-Star Game, Black History Month. Dunk Force.. for off-court and on-court wear. For on-court wear I would rock about half of them. The ugly ones would have to be Double Helix, $Trillion. The NSRL I have no opnion of it but if I had to choose I would say No. That "teal" color on the NSRL CW looks damn good on the Way of Wade 4 "Liberty" though.

Now the Lebron 11 had some dope CWs. And there was many many releases.
Datas remind me too much of the Gamma 11s, so that's a pass for me.  Agreed on the other CWs(didn't even know there was a BHM 12).  I'm just a fan of the Dolphins/Miami color scheme...worked well on the Penny Vs and Speed Turfs too.

Only two CWs of LeBron 11s I want are the All Star Games and the Gamma Blues.  King's Pride on a good day.

Datas remind me too much of the Gamma 11s, so that's a pass for me.  Agreed on the other CWs(didn't even know there was a BHM 12).  I'm just a fan of the Dolphins/Miami color scheme...worked well on the Penny Vs and Speed Turfs too.

Only two CWs of LeBron 11s I want are the All Star Games and the Gamma Blues.  King's Pride on a good day.
How do the datas remind you of the gammas? Two completely different CWs.

Last edited:
I can't believe people actually like this simple "functional" performance lightweight cloth shoe direction nike is going with their design. Theres nothing interesting or thought provoking with this garbage. 11 12 n 13 were lebron's signature prime! They literally looked out of this world. And thats what signature shoes should look like. U can just look at them and tell they were probably over $200.
They looked like they used pics of transformers, iron man suits, and Halo armor for their inspiration board for his past 3 shoes. And thats what a Lebron is supposed to look like,. but now the inspiration is: " we wanted the inspiration to be oight weight and flexible"..lamest design story. I don't understand why Nike is going backwards design wise.
I get what you're saying, but I'm sure Nike is aiming for the best of both worlds.  

How do they datas remind you of the gammas? Two completely different CWs.
I meant these:

Damn near identical minus the orange hits.

I do llike the 14s but the price should be no more than 150 or 160 but im still probably grab a few of these not at full price tho ive made major mistakes with the 12 buying at full price plus texas crazy high sales taxes

Last edited:
I am just glad that long nightmare of the 13th is over, now I can buy Brons again!  If these are as comfortable as the 12 I am all in for em, I am also curios to see how they feel compared to the KD9's

The Christmas CW is supposed to be the pre-heats that release first I believe. 

It was supposed to be December 26: Color: Black/Volt-Cool Grey

I'm sure I'll get a few pairs of these. Def reminds me of a I'd 9 x bron 13 low mash up tho.
That's what I see too. KD 4/9 x Bron 12/13 low x CJ Trainer.  Very "trainer" looking to me.  

I don't hate them, and definitely see potential even in the few photoshop colorways so far.  

To me I just don't see a "Bron shoe" when I look at them.  

As bad as the 13's turned out to be, they at least looked more like a Bron court shoe to me.  Just the fit/design/colorways turned out to be pretty mediocre.   

I'll give the 14 a try on court, but not for retail, and not with super high expectations.  Could be the initial colorway is just not grabbing me like usual.  

Slowly warming to them, like that the cut is lower - I'm always a fan of straps on my hoop shoes too. 

honestly im waiting to see what the elites look like. I happily plunged down my money for his last to sigs but im kinda on the fence with these 

Back
Top Bottom