The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

If no pictures at least cushioning specs (full length zoom or hex zoom) at the very least. If not something new.

THEy have to go back to the air max and or zoom bubble with the 14. Otherwise it will fail again

I think we're forgetting they make whatever LeBron feels comfortable playing in, we can wish all we want but they don't care about us :lol:

the 11 had way too much new tech, Foamposite, flywire, duel density full length zoom/ lunar drop in midsole. it was a beast on paper but performed terribly.

You can't be serious with that 'new tech' statement. 2 out of the 4 things you mentioned were available in the late 90s and early 00s, while Flywire debuted in '09 and the Lunar midsoles are essentially a re-imagining of the cheap Phylon cushioning they used to run on all their entry level product from the early 90s.

THEy have to go back to the air max and or zoom bubble with the 14. Otherwise it will fail again

Yes I agree on this, they need to drop the modular construction and bring back either Air Max or Zoom Max just to rejuvenate the line. Hell, Lebron can play in the Soldier X all season but the XIV needs to appeal to the masses.

What's the point of that when almost everyone carries a cell phone which has a pedometer or stepometer or whatever its calles gps :tongue:

I think we're forgetting they make whatever LeBron feels comfortable playing in, we can wish all we want but they don't care about us :lol:

The Lebron XI says otherwise. Maybe Lebron didn't make the meeting when they discussed that shoe.

11 was the biggest flop

the 11 had way too much new tech, Foamposite, flywire, duel density full length zoom/ lunar drop in midsole. it was a beast on paper but performed terribly.

Not at all. They just made so many they didn't seem to sell well, but they sold tons of 11's.

Now the 13's were more of a flop.

Theyve flopped 3x in a row since the X. I think its about to be 4 in a row if they really are done with the air bubble, like they said last year.

You can't be serious with that 'new tech' statement. 2 out of the 4 things you mentioned were available in the late 90s and early 00s, while Flywire debuted in '09 and the Lunar midsoles are essentially a re-imagining of the cheap Phylon cushioning they used to run on all their entry level product from the early 90s.
I'm talking about used in combination, obviously the tech isn't new but all of this was essentially new for the lebron line outside of the foamposite upper. No lebron before it used lunarlon or the foamposite flywire combo. The shoe wasnt tooled right and flopped, Nike tried to go overboard on the tech and failed

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody notice how the 13s dropped too 99.99, but when lebron won they went back up to 200?

Definitely want to see what the 14s look like. Sneakernews hit me with the okey doke with that article.

11 was the biggest flop
I'd say the 13 was the biggest flop in recent memory.  The 11 had some seriously good colorways (King's Pride, Black/Red, etc).

For me the peak of the Lebron line was 7-11.  I personally collected a majority of the 9 and 11 colorways but didn't take a second look at anything from the 12's and 13's.

I have a funny feeling that the 14 looks like something that is already out here, thus the delay. If the Air Jordan line can go back to the drawing board with the XXX, it would not surprise me one bit if this may be the case with the 14. Durant's shoe looks too much like the Adidas Lillard shoe, so Nike is taking their cues from some place it seems.

Last edited:
Who came up with the 14s being delayed? Just because there hasn't been a leaked pic yet?

Lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think we started seeing pics last year of the 13 around the time he had his camp or whatever. I would think any day know you'll start to see little bits and pieces. I wouldn't be concerned until after the basketball season has started. Lol

Who came up with the 14s being delayed? Just because there hasn't been a leaked pic yet?

Lol.
If you are referring to my comment, I was speaking to the delay in pics. I do realize that some are indeed chomping at the bit in regard to responses, I also find that funny.

Back
Top Bottom