The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

The zoom on these was amazing. 
I wonder why they don't do double-stacked zoom bags anymore.
frown.gif

So this is the reason we haven't seen the Lebron 14. Nike is still up to games.. And it was game 5 they actually wore these color ways. Really Nike...SMH

View media item 2205395
It really does seem as if Nike is doing some internal reorganization, while looking at what they are releasing. Go to any discount store that is selling last seasons offerings from Nike, and it is downright scary as to how disgusting some of that stuff is. Go through a Marshall's and look at the Hyperdunk 2015 sitting there, it is not a good look. This champ pack is just as embarrassing.

It really does seem as if Nike is doing some internal reorganization, while looking at what they are releasing. Go to any discount store that is selling last seasons offerings from Nike, and it is downright scary as to how disgusting some of that stuff is. Go through a Marshall's and look at the Hyperdunk 2015 sitting there, it is not a good look. This champ pack is just as embarrassing.
I understand the Soldiers being apart of the Champ pack but it's really underwhelming.

They look like astronaut shoes (I can't say anything about court performance as I've never tried them on) and I haven't seen anyone do those right casually. They just look like they're trying to push the Air Mag style too much.

I definitely want those gradient Kyrie's but not with the pack at supposedly $500 retail and stupidly limited.

I went to the Nike Factory store yesterday and I saw the Kyrache colorway and even retro AJ9 low's marked down. 

I feel like they're pushing way too much stock in 'eh' colorways and not enough in what people want.

I understand the Soldiers being apart of the Champ pack but it's really underwhelming.

They look like astronaut shoes (I can't say anything about court performance as I've never tried them on) and I haven't seen anyone do those right casually. They just look like they're trying to push the Air Mag style too much.

I definitely want those gradient Kyrie's but not with the pack at supposedly $500 retail and stupidly limited.

I went to the Nike Factory store yesterday and I saw the Kyrache colorway and even retro AJ9 low's marked down. 

I feel like they're pushing way too much stock in 'eh' colorways and not enough in what people want.
I'd split the pack with you and take the Soldiers, thank you very much. 

They look great to me, not as good on court as the 9's but still pretty good.

I'd split the pack with you and take the Soldiers, thank you very much. 

They look great to me, not as good on court as the 9's but still pretty good.
I think the soldier 8's are probably one of my favorites I've hooped in. Played in them so much the eyelets ripped on both shoes.

The 9's felt heavy/bulky to me.

I think the soldier 8's are probably one of my favorites I've hooped in. Played in them so much the eyelets ripped on both shoes.

The 9's felt heavy/bulky to me.
I had a similiar situation with my Lebron 11's, but the eyelets ripped cos i wore them tight and theyre sh**

Agreed. These champ packs are buns. 9 and 10 champ packs were amazing. 11 was okay. This just shows Nike has lost all of their creativity that they couldn't make new champ shoes and just used their PEs. Not to mention the apparel which was even lazier. I don't think they were prepared for the Cavs to win. Should've done the Game 1 Elites and a 13 low, not the ugly soldiers. If there was one thing I thought Nike wouldn't screw up, it was the champ pack. Smh. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Agreed. These champ packs are buns. 9 and 10 champ packs were amazing. 11 was okay. This just shows Nike has lost all of their creativity that they couldn't make new champ shoes and just used their PEs. Not to mention the apparel which was even lazier. I don't think they were prepared for the Cavs to win. Should've done the Game 1 Elites and a 13 low, not the ugly soldiers. If there was one thing I thought Nike wouldn't screw up, it was the champ pack. Smh. :smh:  

You're right. They're celebrating the Championship win so use the damn GR or your supposed 'Elite'. They are (or were) good at slapping themes on everything, what happened now?

All these wild/bleh colorways for general release kicks just makes me think there is a mandate from the top to increase ID usage.

So Nike putting out these weak colorways is a subtle attempt to force consumers to go the custom route.

The markup for a pair of some of these IDs are nuts though. Flyknit Air Maxes are at 3 bills after tax and possible shipping. :x

Agreed. These champ packs are buns. 9 and 10 champ packs were amazing. 11 was okay. This just shows Nike has lost all of their creativity that they couldn't make new champ shoes and just used their PEs. Not to mention the apparel which was even lazier. I don't think they were prepared for the Cavs to win. Should've done the Game 1 Elites and a 13 low, not the ugly soldiers. If there was one thing I thought Nike wouldn't screw up, it was the champ pack. Smh. 
mean.gif

Except they lost every game he wore the Elites in the Finals (Games 1, 2, and 4) so it wouldn't make much sense.

Four wins pack to celebrate their coup of the Championship, and if all four games were won in Soldiers then why not? 

Except they lost every game he wore the Elites in the Finals (Games 1, 2, and 4) so it wouldn't make much sense.

Four wins pack to celebrate their coup of the Championship, and if all four games were won in Soldiers then why not? 
Lebron lost in the 9 and 10 Elites that released in the champ pack so it shouldn't matter.

All these wild/bleh colorways for general release kicks just makes me think there is a mandate from the top to increase ID usage.

So Nike putting out these weak colorways is a subtle attempt to force consumers to go the custom route.

The markup for a pair of some of these IDs are nuts though. Flyknit Air Maxes are at 3 bills after tax and possible shipping.
sick.gif
But the problem is that the Lebron 13 ID options were trash, partly because of the silhouette, partly because there wasn't enough thought put into them

The markup for a pair of some of these IDs are nuts though. Flyknit Air Maxes are at 3 bills after tax and possible shipping. :x

i think its the exact opposite. a few years back nike was making all the wild colorways and people were complaining that there wasnt enough regular colorways. now those complaints have been rectified and there is a lack of the less conservative colorways.

being a former nike corporate employee i can honestly say that they dont really think of things with a conspiracy theorist mind. although they do make a ton of mistakes and in some ways are too arrogant to rectify those mistakes until its too late.

Lebron lost in the 9 and 10 Elites that released in the champ pack so it shouldn't matter.
I get your point.

It's just why they marketed these as such: Four Wins Pack. Since LeBron doesn't seem to care for and were losing every time he was in the Elites, these are our champ packs 
happy.gif

I get your point.

It's just why they marketed these as such: Four Wins Pack. Since LeBron doesn't seem to care for and were losing every time he was in the Elites, these are our champ packs 
happy.gif
True. At this point, I just want to see the 14's and be prepared for total disappointment/surprise

The 13's werent impressive so I am not really stoked for the 14's yet. I however, find the Soldiers to be cool (just not for off-court) 
tongue.gif
Not for off-court is a major turn off. But also the soldier could've been better if nike had not used such hard phylon. i found it was restricting the very thick zoom units

Not for off-court is a major turn off. But also the soldier could've been better if nike had not used such hard phylon. i found it was restricting the very thick zoom units
What about the Luxbron 13s? That was as close an off-court look as it had. It wasn't bad.

What about the Luxbron 13s? That was as close an off-court look as it had. It wasn't bad.
I have to agree, they do have a nice look to them, how exactly are they different to a regular model? and also outsole durability is a key to ball shoes for casual wear

Last edited:

I have to agree, they do have a nice look to them, how exactly are they different to a regular model? and also outsole durability is a key to ball shoes for casual wear
Even Kanye tweeted it was good. LOL

It had a brown leather tongue and some other premium materials so they really felt like EXTs.
Bron had them for the game when he dispatched Toronto in ECF G6 though.

Even Kanye tweeted it was good. LOL

It had a brown leather tongue and some other premium materials so they really felt like EXTs.
Bron had them for the game when he dispatched Toronto in ECF G6 though.
Just because Kanye tweeted it was good doesn't make it good. If anything, it means they're worse. I don't get how he has so much style influence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom