The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
Just wore the wheats (my only 12's) for the first time last night.  They look amazing on foot.  Unfortunately, after an hour or so of walking around town, :wow:  Wow were they painful to keep on!  While the soles felt pretty good, I was almost in tears how much it hurt the outer sides of my feet around the swoosh mark.  Will it eventually break in?  Will loosening the laces help out?  I really like them, but can't stomach that pain

You must have wide feet? I went TTS on my pair and they fit perfectly.

Sneaker noob here.

I play on very dusty indoor courts.

The consensus is that translucent outsoles have worse traction.

What about all the other solid colors though? Are they all on an even playing field or are their tiers and degrees of traction? Is white better than black etc? I almost never see black outsoles.... not sure if there's a reason for that or just aesthetics.

And what about "gum" brown?

I'd really, really, appreciate any responses on this topic to help me when making iD decisions. Loving this forum!

brettminn brettminn First off, welcome to NT.

To answer your question, it's less about the color and more about the composition of the rubber (thickness, hardness, etc.) that determines the difference in traction between solid and translucent outsoles. Most solid color outsoles SHOULD have the same composition regardless of color and therefore the same performance. The exception is the XDR outsoles, which are built specifically for use on outdoor courts.

As far as gum soles go... It's sort of a crap shoot, because I've seen gum soles from NikeIDs that are thick, hard, and solid colored, and others that are more translucent and soft. Just depends on which model you're IDing.

Hope that helps!

@brettminn First off, welcome to NT.

To answer your question, it's less about the color and more about the composition of the rubber (thickness, hardness, etc.) that determines the difference in traction between solid and translucent outsoles. Most solid color outsoles SHOULD have the same composition regardless of color and therefore the same performance. The exception is the XDR outsoles, which are built specifically for use on outdoor courts.

As far as gum soles go... It's sort of a crap shoot, because I've seen gum soles from NikeIDs that are thick, hard, and solid colored, and others that are more translucent and soft. Just depends on which model you're IDing.

Hope that helps!
Good info man. 

I'm trying to go gum on the Kyrie 2 iD. Looks pretty solid to me based on the images I've seen. The lines/grooves are slightly lighter than the base, but that might be true of all colors. 

What's your feeling on the Kyrie gum? Your profile pic gives me hope you might have some good insight lol. 

Last edited:
Thanks guys I picked up a pair of Lebron 12 Witness today (same size as my foams) and they are mad comfy (I love these way more than the Lebron 13 I tried on the other day).

Last edited:

Thanks guys I picked up a pair of Lebron 12 Witness today (same size as my foams) and they are mad comfy (I love these way more than the Lebron 13 I tried on the other day).
It is a comfy shoe and you grabbed a good colorway.  
nthat.gif

Last edited:
I figured this thread was dead, but anyway, keep a lookout at your Ross stores. I saw a couple "USA" XIIs for like 74.99

Just wore the wheats (my only 12's) for the first time last night.  They look amazing on foot.  Unfortunately, after an hour or so of walking around town,
embarassed.gif
 Wow were they painful to keep on!  While the soles felt pretty good, I was almost in tears how much it hurt the outer sides of my feet around the swoosh mark.  Will it eventually break in?  Will loosening the laces help out?  I really like them, but can't stomach that pain
I feel the same way about my wheats. I think I'm going to invest in some shoe trees or something. I don't even walk and they hurt the sides and top of my feet. And I LOVE these. I have wide feet so I know that doesn't help. But yeah, I have to figure something out for these to be comfortable. I assume it has something to do with the fact that the tongue is attached in a bootie like construction. Loosening the laces doesn't help much since this colorway is made of a stiffer, boot like material.

Back
Top Bottom