The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
While observing the pics, it seems that without the strap that is being used in the Soldier line, the forefoot is having lock down issues in the main sig. 

A mesh/Flyknit/whatever it is upper, needs a bit more resilience in order to lock the foot in it seems.

The WTL 11 was my first Lebron shoe. They actually feel like a $200+ shoe unlike the a Retro J's(most). I Liked some of the 11 lows but never for style, none of them.
The Dunk Force is a hot shoe but this Data...man hold up. I might have to grab these.
skipping everything till these.. only colorway that looks like a must have.. IMO.. i would cop HOL if I can get them for 140 or lower..

you should see the datas around summer time at this rate 
tongue.gif

Last edited:
i was looking forward to messing around with iD. :\

i imagine they will be up few days before the new NSRL release date?

Do some of yall really need LeBron to wear the 12 in order for your decision to be made as to wether you should cop or not though?

Do some of yall really need LeBron to wear the 12 in order for your decision to be made as to wether you should cop or not though?

The answer to your question is yes.

...And let's not get this started again.

You will get a bunch weirdos talmbout the only reason they wore Jordans in 90's was because of all the great things they seen him and do while also wearing that same pair.

...and that will somehow turn into another conversation of how "King James" doesn't measure up to "His Air-ness"

Last edited:
The answer to your question is yes.

...And let's not get this started again.

You will get a bunch weirdos talmbout the only reason they wore Jordans in 90's was because of all the great things they seen him and do while also wearing that same pair.

...and that will somehow turn into another conversation of how "King James" doesn't measure up to "His Air-ness"

It's really sad. :lol:

@ChrisIsLike did they tell you anything about a new release date for the NSRL or HofaL? We have both at my work, do you think they are going to do recalls or just change the release dates and send new ones? What are your thoughts sir?
Well we had both at my job as well but we're required. Send both back, also anytime I asked him about the cosmetic issues and a new date...he would say "unfortunaty I can't really comment" but he assured it would be nomore than a 2-3 week turnaround

1st rule of thumb. Does it have a swoosh *[emoji]10004[/emoji]*? is it aesthetically pleasing to eye? *[emoji]10004[/emoji]* and is it something you like? If the answer is yes to all I could care less if it was earl Boykins shoe or whatever :lol:

Last edited:
1st rule of thumb. Does it have a swoosh *[emoji]10004[/emoji]*? is it aesthetically pleasing to eye? *[emoji]10004[/emoji]* and is it something you like? If the answer is yes to all I could care less if it was earl Boykins shoe or whatever
laugh.gif
yeah this right here works for me after i fix it, i wear way to much reebok and occasional adidas to care if it has a swoosh
laugh.gif

The worst thing with Lebron and KDs (maybe Kobe) line to me is the lack of simple colors too. I know all the neons and 3/5 color shoes are the heat right now but man, that Data is the closest thing in this whole lineup to resemble a calm CW.

How about just a plan White/Black White/Grey Black/Grey Black/White etc. Jesus Christ
It's not just the sig lines.  It's all Nike lines.  

I'm having a crazy struggle finding quality, versatile, subdued color ways in any pair of shoes.  Everything is highlighter yellow, red, green, blue, aqua.  It's very childish, ghetto, and quite frankly clown like to me.  I wouldn't want to be caught dead wearing a pair of "look at me" yellow-red Ronald McDonald shoes in the gym.

Or, especially, casually.  To me a lot of Nike's current product designs, and colorways are all over-designed.  Keep it simple.  White / Greys / Blacks / Navy and then hints of attention seeking, hot colorways.

That's how Jordans operated for years, and they're the cream of the crop when it comes to signature shoes.  The first few models of the Kobe followed this pattern, and they were elegant, stylish shoes.  White or Black with purple or yellow ACCENTS.  LeBron's as well.  One of my favorite pair of shoes ever was the LeBron 8 v2 Grey colorway.  Beauty is in simplicity.

These orange, blue, green and crayola yellow are too damn loud to go with jeans, or even my workout clothes.  Keep It Simple Nike.

For the XII?

White w/ Wine / Yellow Accents (similar to 1st game AZG)

Black w/ Wine / Yellow Accents

Wolf Grey

ASG colorway

Dunkman 

Then get creative with the Elite playoff editions.

Those Soldier VII he's wearing on the bench with the white / black and white speckles are one of the meanest shoes I've seen in awhile.  So simple, versatile, and interesting.  Without the obnoxious colorways.

Really wish the League would go back to instituting on court dress code of the white / black / grey based model shoes with only color being team accents.  Not majority color.

Last edited:
It's not just the sig lines.  It's all Nike lines.  

I'm having a crazy struggle finding quality, versatile, subdued color ways in any pair of shoes.  Everything is highlighter yellow, red, green, blue, aqua.  It's very childish, ghetto, and quite frankly clown like to me.  I wouldn't want to be caught dead wearing a pair of "look at me" yellow-red Ronald McDonald shoes in the gym.

Or, especially, casually.  To me a lot of Nike's current product designs, and colorways are all over-designed.  Keep it simple.  White / Greys / Blacks / Navy and then hints of attention seeking, hot colorways.

That's how Jordans operated for years, and they're the cream of the crop when it comes to signature shoes.  The first few models of the Kobe followed this pattern, and they were elegant, stylish shoes.  White or Black with purple or yellow ACCENTS.  LeBron's as well.  One of my favorite pair of shoes ever was the LeBron 8 v2 Grey colorway.  Beauty is in simplicity.

These orange, blue, green and crayola yellow are too damn loud to go with jeans, or even my workout clothes.  Keep It Simple Nike.

For the XII?

White w/ Wine / Yellow Accents (similar to 1st game AZG)

Black w/ Wine / Yellow Accents

Wolf Grey

ASG colorway

Dunkman 

Then get creative with the Elite playoff editions.

Those Soldier VII he's wearing on the bench with the white / black and white speckles are one of the meanest shoes I've seen in awhile.  So simple, versatile, and interesting.  Without the obnoxious colorways.

Really wish the League would go back to instituting on court dress code of the white / black / grey based model shoes with only color being team accents.  Not majority color.

I hear what you are saying, but you are comparing different eras when talking about Jordan colorways, they would only put a few colorways for the model, they would really only be colors of the players team, and there was no "South Beach" type colorway crazes back then. The bigger thing is almost every "plain" colorway in recent LeBron models has pretty much hit clearance, both away and home 9's were super low at outlets due to not selling. The first two LeBrons were primarily simple and followed the team and all star colors. Then you have Nike ID for every simple colorway you could possibly want to create. Also, they make hyperdunks, soldiers and other Nike Basketball models in about every simple colorway imaginable, so they aren't going to waste colorways on the sigs being super plain, other than one or two "team" related colorways.

yeah but they do release plain cws as well in the main sig lines, i don't think your looking hard enough, look at the away XIs they were plain black with red and crimson highlights more sublte than the bred AJXIIs, previous to that the presure Xs were plain, the carbon Xs were plain, the home Xs were plain, heck all of the Xs minus asg and re-entry were plain and honestly there's been a ton of plain cws til the XI came around and started with the prints and stuff like @AlphaAF  you can't be serious with your comment or your just not looking hard enough, besides plain ain't selling no more that's why you see less of it but you still see it

yeah but they do release plain cws as well in the main sig lines, i don't think your looking hard enough, look at the away XIs they were plain black with red and crimson highlights more sublte than the bred AJXIIs, previous to that the presure Xs were plain, the carbon Xs were plain, the home Xs were plain, heck all of the Xs minus asg and re-entry were plain and honestly there's been a ton of plain cws til the XI came around and started with the prints and stuff like @AlphaAF  you can't be serious with your comment or your just not looking hard enough, besides plain ain't selling no more that's why you see less of it but you still see it
That's true, forgot all about Carbon X's, and Home X's, I loved Pressure X's.  Away XI's were a bit "flashy" due to the shiny posite for some, but it was essentially a black/red colorway.  It's all about preference I guess, some say "I'm so sick of Black/red colorways, or plain colorways" (even in the Jordan threads) and some love those "plain" colorways on everything.  That's the beauty of ID for all 3 of the new sigs, you can make whatever KD, LBJ, or Kobe you want, plain or crazy.    

Back
Top Bottom