The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Originally Posted by ArmorRig

Tried on the Away elites.

I would say comparable to the regular VII's but because the materials seem "harder," they feel snugger/tighter even going a half size up. I also went a half size up with the regular VII's.

Haven't tried tightening the laces, but the heel lockdown is definitely good.

Would you recommend going a full size up? Wondering if they're like the ASG vii's, I had to full size up since they fit more snug then other vii's

Originally Posted by anumeric

Originally Posted by ArmorRig

Tried on the Away elites.

I would say comparable to the regular VII's but because the materials seem "harder," they feel snugger/tighter even going a half size up. I also went a half size up with the regular VII's.

Haven't tried tightening the laces, but the heel lockdown is definitely good.

Would you recommend going a full size up? Wondering if they're like the ASG vii's, I had to full size up since they fit more snug then other vii's

i could have gone a full size up, but again, my feet are a little wide.

Yeah i got wide feet too, but don't want to size up so i can avoid creasing. Hopefully i can try them on instore tomorrow then decide

I can't confirm this, but reliable person on twitter posted this.. worth a shot for anyone who has been meaning to get a pair for under retail:

"kobe vii supreme black/del sol and concord colorways now $107 at nike los vegas and niketown san francisco."

Here's some pictures of my Away's. They're pretty flawless from what I can tell.

sdc11644.jpg

sdc11670l.jpg

Still not feeling the Elites.

On a side note, I wore my Cloaks heavily during our trip to Chicago and I feel like they broke in quite well and feel great now. It just took some time.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

just got my elites in the mail from sneakerhead. the heel clip is the same as the pair with the series of pictures. unfortunately, the medial side of the heels of my pair aren't even symmetrical! i'll take pics later. these are definitely going back. smh.

just posting the pics.
can you tell the difference in the heel clip area?
dsc00664kb.jpg

here's some help
dsc00664xn.jpg

i drew some straight lines to show how off the heel clip is from one another. and i drew circles to show how off the length of the heel area is between the heel clip and upper layers.

deciding right now whether to try my luck with ndc or eastbay on another pair or to just be done with the 7s for good and wait for the nike+ basketball lineup.

#*$ is nike doing to the kobe line..I dont understand how they could fall off this hard after 3 amazing years straight. Id expect a drop but not like this.

^at first i thought you were smoking some serious crack, than I noticed it. Thats pretty significant. How in the hell did you even notice that? I thought i had ocd, but you boy, got me.

it's a combination of first-hand experience with buying a lot of shoes, and a sneaker community like NT with info about their pairs.
i measured the difference in the displacement of the heel clip. get this.. it's a full half inch difference! and when i tried them on, they definitely felt different with the right shoe feeling like there's a little extra in the arch area.

Originally Posted by casper90403

^at first i thought you were smoking some serious crack, than I noticed it. Thats pretty significant. How in the hell did you even notice that? I thought i had ocd, but you boy, got me.

Seriously. I thought mine were flawless, now I'm scared to check mine. 
mad.gif

If I notice something, I'll notice it every time I think about them. Good thing sneakerhead has a 30 day return service. 
tired.gif

That's not a big deal to me... I bet if you check some of your other shoes there will be differences like that from right to left shoe... Hell, I even have sandals that have differences like that. It's really nothing new. I had OG air raids back in the 90s when they originally released that I noticed differences like that. If it doesn't affect perfoance, or feel I would just look past it. That's just me tho...

^ I don't think any of the elites sell out tomorrow. Not too many people are gonna be willing to shell out $200 and $250 on a black or white shoe. If they do tho,
eek.gif

can't believe us here in Cali have to wake up at 5AM to get shoes...good thing i got my two pairs already....but for future release....OMG

Contemplating whether or not to line-up or not.

I called the only Champs that'll get them in my relative area (Chicago) and they said they're opening at 7am for them,
giving tickets at 6:30 (c'monnn).

I thought these were supposed to be easy!?

Just because people line up, and stores hand out tickets doesn't mean shoe will be hard to get....

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

it's a combination of first-hand experience with buying a lot of shoes, and a sneaker community like NT with info about their pairs.
i measured the difference in the displacement of the heel clip. get this.. it's a full half inch difference! and when i tried them on, they definitely felt different with the right shoe feeling like there's a little extra in the arch area.

i would've ask you if you tried them on and how you felt about them but THIS. if i have those shoes, i wouldn't mind the dissymmertical heel clip honestly but if they feel different.. then its a different story since these have a tighter heel lockdown which takes a lot of getting used to. i didn't even notice mine but i would definitely check. thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted by onlitwo

can't believe us here in Cali have to wake up at 5AM to get shoes...good thing i got my two pairs already....but for future release....OMG

my thoughts exactly. might have to work hard in the future. i'll be having my pairs too so i'll probably be sleeping in. 
happy.gif

Was happy with my pair until I looked at the toe box. The left toe box has streaks running across. Sending them back to Sneakerhead for a refund.

Back
Top Bottom