The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by onlitwo

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

It's not Nike. Those are the NBA rules.

how so? NBA doesn't let players wear Gold until they get to the Finals???

I believe it doesn't conform to the NBA uniform rule. It is because of the NBA though, not Nike.

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the NBA lightened up on their shoe restrictions.

it used to be that your shoe had to be primarily white or primarily black and any other colors on the shoe had to be a team color. this is why VC would get fined for wearing navy shoes and other dudes got fined for wearing the Altitude XIII's with a uniform that did not have green on it.

i believe, now, that the shoes can be any color as long as they are team colors.

You can make the volts on iD using two tone. They really want to push the iDs with the VIIs
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by LA KB24

so it looks like nike scratched off the volts...
30t6p3b.gif

these pics of the samples

2iqeet.png

Compared to what they should have been......
kobeviivolt.jpg

OR

kobeviivolt2.jpg

I guess they scrapped them because you can make them on ID. Basically, Nike decided to put out horrible color blocking in order to increase ID sales? Nike: If you don't like the color blocking than go make your own ID's. 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by osubass1

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by onlitwo

how so? NBA doesn't let players wear Gold until they get to the Finals???

I believe it doesn't conform to the NBA uniform rule. It is because of the NBA though, not Nike.

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the NBA lightened up on their shoe restrictions.

it used to be that your shoe had to be primarily white or primarily black and any other colors on the shoe had to be a team color. this is why VC would get fined for wearing navy shoes and other dudes got fined for wearing the Altitude XIII's with a uniform that did not have green on it.

i believe, now, that the shoes can be any color as long as they are team colors.
this doesn't add up when you see Ty Lawson wearing Lebron Mangos.   There is no orange, black or silver on the Nuggets uniforms as far as I can see.  If there is, can someone point it out?

Originally Posted by nimhet

Originally Posted by osubass1

xsalvioutlawx wrote:

this doesn't add up when you see Ty Lawson wearing Lebron Mangos.   There is no orange, black or silver on the Nuggets uniforms as far as I can see.  If there is, can someone point it out?

It depends on team rules too. I think the NBA wants to have some sense of conformity during the Finals when it's on national TV where it's watched around the world.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

So as I understand it, kobe and lebron won't wear the gold elites until they reach the finals? Seems like a real marketing blunder to me. If they don't reach it, nike's stuck trying to shift a star player's shoe that he never wore

Yeah because I seriously doubt the NBA really has a rule against gold. I think Nike is just trying to be cute. Remember these and it wasnt the NBA Finals when he wore them
Ray Allen wore those the night that he broke the all time 3-point record. Obviously, the NBA is going to allow it for a special occasion like that. It also matches those uniforms.

Yea, he def didn't wear those the night he broke the record.

Skip2MyLou23 wrote:
cbfpunch wrote:
cbfpunch wrote:
just got my elites in the mail from sneakerhead. the heel clip is the same as the pair with the series of pictures. unfortunately, the medial side of the heels of my pair aren't even symmetrical! i'll take pics later. these are definitely going back. smh.

just posting the pics.
can you tell the difference in the heel clip area?
dsc00664kb.jpg

here's some help
dsc00664xn.jpg

i drew some straight lines to show how off the heel clip is from one another. and i drew circles to show how off the length of the heel area is between the heel clip and upper layers.

deciding right now whether to try my luck with ndc or eastbay on another pair or to just be done with the 7s for good and wait for the nike+ basketball lineup.

I don't understand what's wrong.

I TOTALLY get you and AGREE with you!  I was going to post about the same thing, just never got around to it. I remember when I bought a pair of shark 7's and realized this when I got home, then it drove me crazy so I looked at all of my 7's.  My Christmas cheetah's were slightly off on one foot and then my concords were, but I exchanged them at another store, along with my sharks and the black/grey/white pair.  In the end all of my pairs are pretty lined up on the outside of the shoe in regards to the heel cup the inside annoys me some, but oh well.  Bottom line they pushed this Kobe system and these price tags OUT OF PRINCIPLE, NIKE needs to NOT let uneven garbage come through, if they or ANY other company WANTS, EXPECTS AND even DEMAND TOP dollar then they need to be ACCOUNTABLE on providing the consumer TOP product, because WE the CONSUMER have EVERY RIGHT TO EXPECT, WANT AND DEMAND TOP quality product!  Specially when they do all of this exclusive, limited and policy this policy that bull$#*%!

Those weak PE's are trash. If you're feeling them that much, go make some all white ID's with a purple swoosh, which of corse you won't. Hypebeasts just wanting what they can't have.

I actually like these a lot more than the ones that released, especially that the whole sole is translucent.. And the Purple Swoosh is a nice touch. It wouldve made more sense to release the pair that Kobe wore rather then a pair that are supposed to be playoffs that hes not wearing in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by IsTaYsTuNiNyA

Those weak PE's are trash. If you're feeling them that much, go make some all white ID's with a purple swoosh, which of corse you won't. Hypebeasts just wanting what they can't have.

I actually like these a lot more than the ones that released, especially that the whole sole is translucent.. And the Purple Swoosh is a nice touch. It wouldve made more sense to release the pair that Kobe wore rather then a pair that are supposed to be playoffs that hes not wearing in the playoffs.

THIS. perhaps release the elites w gold accents when they play in the finals.

Just messing around with iDs what could have been if I had my way.

The part of the black outsole ties into the PDF pattern on the medial side.

I just pulled the trigger on a pair of 7s.
The blue shark pair. Can't wait until i can wear them on the court.

They need to produce an all white color with gold accent on the heel.

AKA KObe V home finals
pimp.gif

the home elite vii look too boring with that black carbon fiber

I don't know about those sample elites with the upper unchanged. I like the look of the upgraded scales, but then again I really liked the Kobe VI. An all white or all black upper with the regular Kobe VII skin would have looked pretty boring. I hope I can see the elites in person soon. I liked the Lebron Elites in pictures, but saw them over the weekend and they just looked weird to me. I hope the Kobe Elites look as good or better than the pictures I've seen of them. Then again, I hope they don't so I can save some money. 
ohwell.gif

It's a shame about those Elites that were lopsided. For $200 the shoes spot on, not 'good enough'. I noticed maybe a month ago that my Chirstmas VIIs didn't line up exactly on both shoes either. The difference was small and they felt fine so it was ok with me.

With these inconsistencies it might be harder to identify a good fake from a sloppy legit pair.

i actually am not that much of a fan of the shoe.... but those BHMs have been lingering in my mind and just saw a picture after a while and its like "NOW!!!!" lol.... grabbed the cloaks when we opened up our HOH and have ASG on the way.... this was supposed to be the model i cut the line... =[

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

So as I understand it, kobe and lebron won't wear the gold elites until they reach the finals? Seems like a real marketing blunder to me. If they don't reach it, nike's stuck trying to shift a star player's shoe that he never wore

Yeah because I seriously doubt the NBA really has a rule against gold. I think Nike is just trying to be cute. Remember these and it wasnt the NBA Finals when he wore them

air-jordan-xi-11-ray-allen-player-exclusive-1.jpg

11s.jpg

Yeah but those are not the playoffs either.. So the rules of no gold might only apply during the playoffs..

Back
Top Bottom