The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

they should NOT re-release the Bruce Lees in the 7s.
if they do, they better make sure that it's a different
concept. a classic black white
BruceLee.jpg

inspired Bruce Lee release would be amazing.
Add a black/red color changing upper. that would be cool. Just
don't redo the original BL5s... that would be the epitome of corny.

they should just release the IDs kobe was wearing with the black
tongue and all. No need to go the BL route.
They've already kind of done something with the VIIs that's Bruce Lee inspired without doing the Vs' yellow/black combo in the form of the YOTDs/ROTDs VIIs. The Nike release statement for the YOTD collection this year said that the Kobe VII YOTD colorway was inspired by an Italian flag because of the history of kung fu movies that have been filmed in Italy, like "Return of the Dragon", where Bruce Lee fought Chuck Norris in the Rome Colosseum (plus Kobe grew up in Italy). Not an obvious connection, but I thought the subtle reference was kind of cool.

But I definitely agree with your overall point though. I'm always more for new concepts/executions rather than redoing what's already been done.

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

they should NOT re-release the Bruce Lees in the 7s.
if they do, they better make sure that it's a different
concept. a classic black white
BruceLee.jpg

inspired Bruce Lee release would be amazing.
Add a black/red color changing upper. that would be cool. Just
don't redo the original BL5s... that would be the epitome of corny.

they should just release the IDs kobe was wearing with the black
tongue and all. No need to go the BL route.
They've already kind of done something with the VIIs that's Bruce Lee inspired without doing the Vs' yellow/black combo in the form of the YOTDs/ROTDs VIIs. The Nike release statement for the YOTD collection this year said that the Kobe VII YOTD colorway was inspired by an Italian flag because of the history of kung fu movies that have been filmed in Italy, like "Return of the Dragon", where Bruce Lee fought Chuck Norris in the Rome Colosseum (plus Kobe grew up in Italy). Not an obvious connection, but I thought the subtle reference was kind of cool.

But I definitely agree with your overall point though. I'm always more for new concepts/executions rather than redoing what's already been done.
Yeah. exactly. like, can you imagine redoing the grapes from the 5s to the 2012s?
frown.gif

In my opinion they should only redo:

-Inlines
-Del Sol
-Carpe Ds
-MPLS
-Aces

plus a couple of unique makeups per sig. I'm tired of the Chaos even though they're always beautiful.

Regarding the YOTD, yeah I read about that as well but it's on an entirely different level as an actual
Bruce Lee release. Coupled with a poster and all... Nun-chucks logo on the heel anyone?
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
this is the most classic anything classic can get.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nike-zoom-kobe-v-bruce-lee-promo-3-570x715.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-v-bruce-lee-promo-4-570x715.jpg

something like this for the 7s would've been amazing FOR ME. with a different color scheme of course.

it seems like nike had left overs of the upper from the dukes or whatever you wanna call them.. so they used them in those TBs.. they aren't that bad but unnecessary

Nice wear Pete. You should try a gold lace swap from the BHM VI if you own them. They'll be perfect with the jeans you're wearing. I did the swap but felt it clashed with all the grey and since I don't have that colored jeans I couldn't pull it off.

Originally Posted by Tdogg2k

Originally Posted by thapointguy

^um.... no because it is true.
His face was priceless.
I think the next few games will be a little different (heres to hoping) I dont want them to get sweeped..
I think he came out looking like an idiot instead of being funny.

I was thinking about the pair Kobe wore the other day. Are we sure those are ID's? I know in order to get that black Play Fast insert it needs to be ID'ed separately, but also are we sure that's Del Sol on the pair he's wearing? It could just be the lighting that makes them looked liked a washed out Tour Yellow, but they look significantly different in that lighting than the pairs I've seen from members who have the Del Sol color on their ID's.

I also disagree with dude above, if they could get it right, by all means make another Bruce Lee colorway. Regardless the V will always be a classic. I also wish they would of continued the Inline colorway and MPLS. Two of my favorites. The Concord colorway is cool and all, but nothing like the Inline.

Originally Posted by gentry187

^^^The inserts are sold separately.

c'mon man, you're not supposed to say that. if nike sees this, they'll be mad. if you told him they were PEs, he would want them. now that they are IDable, he probably won't get them 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Nice wear Pete. You should try a gold lace swap from the BHM VI if you own them. They'll be perfect with the jeans you're wearing. I did the swap but felt it clashed with all the grey and since I don't have that colored jeans I couldn't pull it off.

Thanks. I don't have the bhm vi's...but I'm loving the grey laces though. The only lace swap I would probably do for them would be from the iv aces.

Originally Posted by gentry187

^^^The inserts are sold separately.

NIKEiD confirmed that they're ID's.

Sucks that you have to pay for another insert separately.  I didn't see that other color combo.

Originally Posted by al3x89

what are you talking about?^

the insert is black with a yellow logo. that is IDable.

I see now they they have the customizable insert with it.  Didn't see that cw.  Ridiculous that you can't buy the shoe with it though. 

Smart on Nike's part though. You know there are people that want that EXACT pair. 
w/ the right marketing Nike is able to: 

a.) get more awareness for iDs (not just the Kobe's)

b.) get you to iD them like that or at least get some sort of iD similar to it (and you're playing around with the configurations and may make something else)

c.) if you really want that same one he was wearing, you'd have to iD another insert

Believe me, I know, my buddy is a diehard Lakers fan and he did all of the above. Apparently because he wants to "rock those with the yellow home jerseys."  And I know there are others out there like him haha...

Originally Posted by KB24strikesagain

Originally Posted by al3x89

what are you talking about?^

the insert is black with a yellow logo. that is IDable.

I see now they they have the customizable insert with it.  Didn't see that cw.  Ridiculous that you can't by the shoe with it though. 

yup, i agree. very stupid considering the price.. 

Back
Top Bottom