The Jellyfishes/prurples might be my first pair of Kobe's
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by suberzat

Originally Posted by DAR228

Originally Posted by AirKB8

from US11
20120202130825.jpg

Very Nice Colorway

These some nice kicks...i am thinking about passing on the BHM and getting these
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
this better be a march release to much going on this month!!! these and sharks are all the kobes i need thus far, guna keep my feet wet with sea creatures
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Man those are perfect. I can't see a single thing to gripe about. By far the best cw I've seen of the 7 to date.

I appreciate the art and what it represents but I'm sorry, the last pic confirms how hideous they are with the artwork all over the upper. The outsole is the best part though. I'll be rocking my BHM VI today to get over what I have just seen.

Yeah, way too much going on with those BHMs. I'll be getting those Jellyfishes, though. Time for a thread update soon - anyone got any release dates for anything coming up in general?

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by Caesar Blaximus Prime

Bruce Lee was called the dragon because he was born in the year of the dragon. You can go and see for yourselves @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_lee also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_zodiac and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_(zodiac) . Hope that clears things up. I will be buying the shoes if I can get my hands on em'. 
I know about the Dragon connection to Bruce Lee, but just personally, nothing about the YOTD colorway really screams "Bruce Lee shoe" to me minus the dragon logo on the back, at least initially. With the Kobe V Bruce Lee, you could tell immediately from the colorway that it was directly inspired by his yellow/black jumpsuit in Game of Death and the red claw marks were directly inspired by Enter the Dragon. Those Vs were a true Bruce Lee shoe to me.
That said...thinking about it a little more, I might have to take back what I said about doubting a Bruce Lee shoe. I can actually see them spinning Bruce Lee into the YOTD colorway by saying the fight scene from Way of the Dragon (AKA "Return of the Dragon") between him and Chuck Norris was set in the Colosseum in Rome, Italy (lot of that movie was filmed there). It's already been said that the inspiration for the colors used for the YOTD colorway come directly from the Italian flag and Kobe's love for Chinese kung fu & kung fu movies filmed in the country:

Kobe Bryant appreciates Chinese culture, in particular Chinese Kung Fu. The quest for agility and speed has been integrated into his own athletic art. Drawing inspiration from Kobe’s Italian root and Kung Fu movies filmed in that country, the design team rendered NIKE KOBE VII SYSTEM SUPREME with the signature tri-color of Italy. NIKE KOBE VII SYSTEM SUPREME comes with a cushion printed with Kobe’s exclusive golden Logo, a statement of invincibility. The matrix design on the upper is a special code, spelling the message for Kobe. With his signature and an animated dragon pattern on the counter, this design is impeccable for the Chinese new year.)

(http://sneakernews.com/20...-the-dragon-collection/)

Boom...Bruce Lee connection & Nike's probably just starting to milk that by mentioning "Return of the Dragon" in that little tweet. 
laugh.gif

And yes, I'm kind of a Bruce Lee fan lol

Understood. I didn't know what you meant at 1st but I got you now. Yeah I would guess it's a very loose connection if there's any at all but it being the year of the dragon I'm just glad they did something different than the KD and Lebron.  

so it looks like the jellyfish are a regular pair ($140) compared to $180?

and the BHM would look better with an all black upper, white swoosh and just the details on the sole and lining
pimp.gif

but those look ugly cause there's too much going on.
edit ....
laugh.gif
 looks like the lebrons are exactly how the kobe's should have looked in my opinion

BHMs remind me of this obey hat I have. I'll pass on them tho, they're easily the worst vii we've seen to date.

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

I saw the del sols on feet for the first time the other day. I NEED them.
i swear they're one of my favorite, those commercials with everyone wearing them sold me on them. i'm about to go meet with a guy from craigslist trading my pair of used tour yellow VI's + $30 for brand new del sol VII's 
pimp.gif

I think I'm probably the only person that would prefer a Red ASG shoe like the Vs and VIIs, than this Big Bang Gimmick.. Not saying that I dislike the Big Bangs, just dont like them as the official ASG shoe..

Originally Posted by charles0424

If those are the official Jelly's.......I am copping!

"So we meet again Kobe sig shoes!!" haha Only coppin if Kobe wearing though.....I dont care much for dude from the Suns lol

So if Kobe doesnt wear these, you wont cop???lol

just traded from used Tour Yellow VI's for these... beautiful in person, can't wait to ball in them tonight
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom