The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

I wonder if maybe nba players are getting some of the problems that have been listed here and thats why they dont use them.

Broke my iDs in on the hardtop today. Truly amazing how they perform outdoors even after days of rain so the court was somewhat dirty. I was able to stop on a dime and make hard cuts and spin quickly without slippage. The flared out midsole front and back gives the shoe crazy stability. The top loaded forefoot zoom and bottom loaded zoom in the heel setup is amazingly responsive (I see why AJ 2010 had high marks in that department) and makes the heel to toe transition better but not as good as the VI.
The upper shell is durable than the VI so you don't have to worry about your toes ripping through after extended wear. The flexibility is great even when the upper is durable/stiff. The flex grooves/V-shaped cut in the front part of the midsole and outrigger adds to the flexibility.
Man does it run narrow, new meaning to molds to your foot. My pinky toe was hurting a bit at first, after some time to break them in it felt good. I had elite socks on too. Casually I would go .5 size up. Importantly, no blisters like some have reported.
The leather heel counter adds to the ankle support which the VI lacked so I didn't feel as safe in the VI than in the VII. I gotta try the play strong insert after testing out the play fast and see how the strap adds to the ankle support if any. Imagine if they went back to the midtop form and keep all these attributes with some tweaks, it could very well top the Huarache 2k4.
To sum it up, performance wise I wouldn't touch a thing, but maybe make it full herringbone next time? It could lose some weight too. Other than that I think it is an upgrade from the VI performance wise. Comfortwise, VI takes the cake because it's not as narrow.
Without trying on the play strong insole I would be happy with just getting the play fast $140 version.

Originally Posted by diggs74

while looking thru the 30 random pics my little cousin took at the park while i shot around he managed to take this

i don't know about playing on that surface... can't be good to play on rough looking surface like this... hazardous to my shoes and me...
i'd rather play on a bit smoother surface... blacktop,concrete or something that doesn't look like it'll rip a chunk out of my arm if i fall on it..

LOL def brutal looking if you take a fall.

thapointguy, thanks for the review. let us know what you think of the Play Strong, i havent tried those out yet either

Yea, that courts surface looks harsh. What the heck is that? Who's the genius who thought that'd be a great idea??

maybe some church that only has people who just shoot around and didn't want outsiders to tear it up...
kinda looks like cheapman's cobblestone...

lol that surface is all bad. I bet his carbon shank plate looks like that ground after the shoot-around.

deionandmelo, I doubt the velcro cuff helps in the ankle support. It looks flimsy. I think it's there to mimic a midtop since ppl thought the VII went back to a mid. I just want the cushlon play strong insole.

166953_334450513255979_145974518770247_1088747_1489844859_n.jpg

408155_334450529922644_145974518770247_1088748_690399654_n.jpg

[h2]"Westchester"[/h2]
oh, the beauty of invisible flywires.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

lol that surface is all bad. I bet his carbon shank plate looks like that ground after the shoot-around.

deionandmelo, I doubt the velcro cuff helps in the ankle support. It looks flimsy. I think it's there to mimic a midtop since ppl thought the VII went back to a mid. I just want the cushlon play strong insole.
thats what i think as well. ive been contemplating an attempt to swap cushioning systems, with straps/tongues on one of my xmas pairs. i want the regular tongue on the play strong insole.

What are these "elites" some of you are talking about? Another step up from the supreme??

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Broke my iDs in on the hardtop today. Truly amazing how they perform outdoors even after days of rain so the court was somewhat dirty. I was able to stop on a dime and make hard cuts and spin quickly without slippage. The flared out midsole front and back gives the shoe crazy stability. The top loaded forefoot zoom and bottom loaded zoom in the heel setup is amazingly responsive (I see why AJ 2010 had high marks in that department) and makes the heel to toe transition better but not as good as the VI.
The upper shell is durable than the VI so you don't have to worry about your toes ripping through after extended wear. The flexibility is great even when the upper is durable/stiff. The flex grooves/V-shaped cut in the front part of the midsole and outrigger adds to the flexibility.
Man does it run narrow, new meaning to molds to your foot. My pinky toe was hurting a bit at first, after some time to break them in it felt good. I had elite socks on too. Casually I would go .5 size up. Importantly, no blisters like some have reported.
The leather heel counter adds to the ankle support which the VI lacked so I didn't feel as safe in the VI than in the VII. I gotta try the play strong insert after testing out the play fast and see how the strap adds to the ankle support if any. Imagine if they went back to the midtop form and keep all these attributes with some tweaks, it could very well top the Huarache 2k4.
To sum it up, performance wise I wouldn't touch a thing, but maybe make it full herringbone next time? It could lose some weight too. Other than that I think it is an upgrade from the VI performance wise. Comfortwise, VI takes the cake because it's not as narrow.
Without trying on the play strong insole I would be happy with just getting the play fast $140 version.

thanks.. i also felt that they were a bit narrow. i wore 11 in hte 6's but when i put on an 11 in the 7's then it was too tight. 

Originally Posted by itzzzberny

Originally Posted by diggs74

while looking thru the 30 random pics my little cousin took at the park while i shot around he managed to take this

i don't know about playing on that surface... can't be good to play on rough looking surface like this... hazardous to my shoes and me...
i'd rather play on a bit smoother surface... blacktop,concrete or something that doesn't look like it'll rip a chunk out of my arm if i fall on it..

yeah i wouldn't do anything other then shoot around on this court the bad thing about it was it was a elementary school

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

that happens when you don't tie the laces properly or if you tie it a certain way.
when you move, the lace (knot you made) will rub the lining resulting in rips.

and that's not even the point. they're cheaper. If you raise the price, people expect
more. We shouldn't compare these to "lower end" sneaks.

I have the same tie techniques when it comes to laces(4-7). My 4 Rings doesnt have any tear near the lacehole considering the same tie techniques i use in any of my other kobe lines. I just hope it wont happen to my 7s. Cause if it did, I would be really pissed like majority of the guys here
eek.gif

Originally Posted by SWSH

166953_334450513255979_145974518770247_1088747_1489844859_n.jpg

408155_334450529922644_145974518770247_1088748_690399654_n.jpg

[h2]"Westchester"[/h2]
oh, the beauty of invisible flywires.
Apologies for not being familiar with "Nike Vault", but are these GR, exclusive, or at HOH only?
eek.gif
devil.gif

Luong:
Westchester PE

For the HS players, not going to be a release to the public.

Pairs that do get to the public, are usually from players giving them to someone... etc

westchesters are just concords and del sols but replaced with red, homes look nice though.

anyone know if they will come out with the Chaos CW for the VII? i missed out on the kbVI chaos and have been kicking myself since...

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

Luong:
Westchester PE

For the HS players, not going to be a release to the public.

Pairs that do get to the public, are usually from players giving them to someone... etc
Always appreciative towards those who drop info like such, many thanks. Damn those are cleannn
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom