The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Originally Posted by CaCHooKaMan

NDC just replied to my tweet. i asked them if the mint PDFs were a GR and they said limit 1 per person. that leads me to believe that theyre somewhat limited. i also asked if theyre gonna have the PDF elite socks and they dont have any info on that yet as usual.

Thanks for the info...hope I get thru.

Originally Posted by rillo561

NDC just replied to my tweet. i asked them if the mint PDFs were a GR and they said limit 1 per person. that leads me to believe that theyre somewhat limited. i also asked if theyre gonna have the PDF elite socks and they dont have any info on that yet as usual.

Thanks for the info...hope I get thru.
NDC will tell you ever shoe that comes out is limited and have like 3 restocks
laugh.gif
They are not Limited they are a GR they're even coming out in kids lol I even went to another footlocker in my area that's not getting them and the manager told me that they wont be receiving them because his Footlocker doesn't have a Urban release account they have a performance account but he told me that he can order a pair for me and have it shipped to the store and he'll also give me a discount for having to wait! But I already found another Footlocker in my area that will have them in the store so that's were I'll be getting mine and their not opening up early or doing anything special for them either. So long story short if some of you aren't able to get a pair in your size, just hit me up and I'll let you know what we have out here.

^^ appreciate it.. Good to see people helping others out.. And mainly I was trying to get mine since I'm in Central FL and don't get nothing as far as releases go.. Kobe wise we have the Del Sols, Concords, Dukes.. No sharks, no wolfs nothing..LeBron wise only got the Dunkmans & Mangos no Swingmans.. My best bet would be Orlando which is a good hour and a half drive.. Hopefully can get mine tho on the 6th

1 per person is unfortunate, those seem to sell out on NDC very quickly.  Eastbay/other retailers might be your best bet for these.  As it gets closer to release Eastbay will probably let customers know if there's a limit for these too.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by jst628

i'm sorry, but the chaos colorway is one of the best each year, how can you not want them to continue doing it, most of the new colorways are horrible anyways.
Don't get me wrong man, the Chaos colorway is an instant classic, and the Chaos Vs are in my top 5-10 Kobes ever. I just think instead of being kind of lazy and milking classic colorways by putting them on each new model, I'd rather see them attempt to be more creative and shoot for something new that might become a classic in its own right. Even if they don't necessarily succeed, at least they're trying new, creative, or innovative things that I haven't seen before. The Chaos colorway wouldn't even exist if they weren't willing to try something completely new, and you can say that about a lot of "classic" shoes, either in the Kobe line or in general.
I'm not totally opposed to there being a Chaos colorway each year, if the execution is great, but if I wanted a shoe with that colorway, I think I'd just go with the original that made the scheme classic.
Nike.... are you reading this?
nerd.gif
QFT, you didnt see jordan putting the grape colorway on every sig after the V, now when a unique colorway does well they put it on literally everything and kill it

johnmckoolaid wrote:
QFT, you didnt see jordan putting the grape colorway on every sig after the V, now when a unique colorway does well they put it on literally everything and kill it

that was the worst analogy you could compare this to, of course JB isn't going to put out the same colorway for multiple 1-23 models. the kobe line is completely different and has many different colorways that come out year after year...

i'm sorry, but the chaos colorway is one of the best each year, how can you not want them to continue doing it, most of the new colorways are horrible anyways.
Don't get me wrong man, the Chaos colorway is an instant classic, and the Chaos Vs are in my top 5-10 Kobes ever. I just think instead of being kind of lazy and milking classic colorways by putting them on each new model, I'd rather see them attempt to be more creative and shoot for something new that might become a classic in its own right. Even if they don't necessarily succeed, at least they're trying new, creative, or innovative things that I haven't seen before. The Chaos colorway wouldn't even exist if they weren't willing to try something completely new, and you can say that about a lot of "classic" shoes, either in the Kobe line or in general.
I'm not totally opposed to there being a Chaos colorway each year, if the execution is great, but if I wanted a shoe with that colorway, I think I'd just go with the original that made the scheme classic. 

Isn't that what they're doing with the VII? For the most part it hasn't worked out.
Gimmie all the classic colorways along with some new ones and I'll be happy. No one seems to be complaining about the same colorways being used on every shoe unless they look bad like this years Lower Merion colorway.

They did a good job at trying something new and bringing back classic colorways with the V's. The VI's also had very good new colorways along with some old ones.

The problem is when they don't execute the color blocking correctly. Look what they did with this years Aces and last years Dark Knights. Are they ugly? Not really, but they could of been executed better.

I was disappointed that they stopped making colorways like the Carpe Diems and Inlines. The ID's people made of Carpe Diem VI's were incredible, so it's unfortunate that they stopped producing that colorway.

Also Inlines >>>>>> Concords.

Just give me the classic colorways continuous on every model along with some new ones and everybody is happy. They're very capable of doing it with the amount of colorways that release in Kobe's.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Isn't that what they're doing with the VII? For the most part it hasn't worked out.
Gimmie all the classic colorways along with some new ones and I'll be happy. No one seems to be complaining about the same colorways being used on every shoe unless they look bad like this years Lower Merion colorway.

They did a good job at trying something new and bringing back classic colorways with the V's. The VI's also had very good new colorways along with some old ones.

The problem is when they don't execute the color blocking correctly. Look what they did with this years Aces and last years Dark Knights. Are they ugly? Not really, but they could of been executed better.

I was disappointed that they stopped making colorways like the Carpe Diems and Inlines. The ID's people made of Carpe Diem VI's were incredible, so it's unfortunate that they stopped producing that colorway.

Also Inlines >>>>>> Concords.

Just give me the classic colorways continuous on every model along with some new ones and everybody is happy. They're very capable of doing it with the amount of colorways that release in Kobe's.

Sure, there's always staple GR colorways like the Maize/Del Sols and Inlines/Concords dating back to the ZK1s as well as the school colorways like the Aces, which I do believe should come out for each model for continuity within the sig line just like the Bred and white/red colorways are staples for Jordan. And I agree with you that having a mix of the usual staples and new colorways is the most ideal way to do things. 

My point/opinion is that the particular Chaos colorway on the Vs to me was or should have been more of a one time thing, just like how they only used the Chaos IV color scheme once. Great colorway/execution on an awesome shoe, now let's move on and try some other things for the new/limited colorways that inevitably come out each year. 

Like, the Chaos VIs were decent, but a lot of the usual regulars in the Kobe threads would probably agree with me that they were just too similar to the Vs in how they colorblocked things. At least from the Chaos IVs to the Vs, they really tried to do some different things, and those two shoes are significantly different. From the Vs to the VIs, it just seemed like there was a lack of originality/creativity, even if I think the Chaos VIs still turned out well. Even if you choose to have the same inspiration from each model to the next, I just think they should at least put a little more effort in doing something a bit more different from the previous one.

Just my opinion though. Like you said, ever since the IVs, they've really started cranking out the colorways, certainly enough that you'd at least find a couple each year that you're bound to like. I just generally prefer to see them taking more chances, even if it's not always a success, than to play it safe or be kind of lazy by recycling older schemes. Because honestly with NikeID now, if you really wanted to see one of those older favorites like the Carpe Diems, you could just ID it.

Wayne141 wrote:
Like, the Chaos VIs were decent, but a lot of the usual regulars in the Kobe threads would probably agree with me that they were just too similar to the Vs in how they colorblocked things. At least from the Chaos IVs to the Vs, they really tried to do some different things, and those two shoes are significantly different. From the Vs to the VIs, it just seemed like there was a lack of originality/creativity, even if I think the Chaos VIs still turned out well. Even if you choose to have the same inspiration from each model to the next, I just think they should at least put a little more effort in doing something a bit more different from the previous one.

Just my opinion though. Like you said, ever since the IVs, they've really started cranking out the colorways, certainly enough that you'd at least find a couple each year that you're bound to like. I just generally prefer to see them taking more chances, even if it's not always a success, than to play it safe or be kind of lazy by recycling older schemes. Because honestly with NikeID now, if you really wanted to see one of those older favorites like the Carpe Diems, you could just ID it.

i honestly think they need someone new in charge of colorways with the kobe line. 4's and 5's had many amazing colorways along with the 6's, but the 7's so far are trash and there doesn't seem to be even near as many as the Lebrons and KDs. they need to get somebody who knows the Kobe line well and knows what it needs to stand out and make more amazing colorways with the wow-factor like previous models. the Lebron 9's and KD 4's are getting treated and that's why there is so much more hype around those and barely any for the 7's. that's my 2 cents.

Wayne141 wrote:

i honestly think they need someone new in charge of colorways with the kobe line. 4's and 5's had many amazing colorways along with the 6's, but the 7's so far are trash and there doesn't seem to be even near as many as the Lebrons and KDs. they need to get somebody who knows the Kobe line well and knows what it needs to stand out and make more amazing colorways with the wow-factor like previous models. the Lebron 9's and KD 4's are getting treated and that's why there is so much more hype around those and barely any for the 7's. that's my 2 cents.

Wayne, I def. understand where you are coming from. I too would also like them to be more creative, but looking on how the VII's are going so far I would be fine with the same routine they used in the IV's, V's and VI's for the most part. Although I don't know if you would call what they are doing with the VII's as being creative or Innovative. Not sure what you would call it really.
When it comes to the Chaos VI's, I was one of those people that thought the Chaos VI's were too similar to the V's, but now I regret passing so much. I remember seeing them in stores and being like "Damn", too bad I waited too long smh. 

jt628, The KD IV's and Lebron IX's are getting the Kobe IV treatment right now. Neither of these Nike Basketball sigs ever had as many colorways released as the Kobe IV's. The success of the Kobe IV's, V's and VI's and their 50 colorways for each model made them try it out on other lines. I know Lebron and KD fans wont admit it, but the Kobe lines deserves some of the credit for making it possible for those lines to release so many colorways.

I keep forgetting what NT'er it is, but they always bring up on how it's difficult to do something with the one piece upper on the VII's unless you use a graphic like the Big Bangs or Sharks. Honestly, I'm okay with that. There's plenty of colorways they could make using that concept on the upper and even with the simplicity of the VII's a lot of times they just don't get the color blocking right.

The Aces could of been so much better by having a Translucent sole like the V's along with a few hints of Silver on other parts of the shoes. Same with the Wolfs, the white sole really makes the shoe dull. They started using that boring white sole on the VI's and are continuing to use it now.

man i havent been in this thread as much as i use too like last year  
so far my only pick ups of the VII...hoping to get the cloaks (will end up paying resellers
frown.gif
) and PDF next week

24ymi5u.jpg

nyqu0.jpg

^^My only 2 pickups also. I hope that I can find a pair of the Cloaks. Still waiting for some info on the release of the Volts.

For those looking for aces, wolfs or dukes.. Las Vegas footlocker in planet Hollywood has all three. (there's a house of hoops in the back room I'll try to post a pic when I can)

nerd.gif
yeah
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sogo

nerd.gif
yeah
pimp.gif
still the best
pimp.gif

chaos by h0sey, on Flickr

A Chaos or Carpe Diem would have been awesome on the VII's...but I think I'm done with them. I'll have to see Mint PDF's in person, but I'm leaning towards passing. Possibly Home Elites for retail only. & of course any other colorway on the low when they hit outlets,
laugh.gif

In no particular order, I have:

Galaxy
Cheetah
Cloaks
Wolf
Black/Grey

un-ds these to the office yesterday

-Pete

Nice galaxies and cheetahs , funny how those are the only 2 cws I own from the 7s , still debating wether to pull the trigger on some cloaks

* Anyways for me today

IMG_6999_2 by Micho.0, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom