The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

^^yea you know nike will do something crazy for durant again
eyes.gif

yeah the quality of the Elites is pretty bad.....for a $200 shoe...it is ridiculously poorly made

Originally Posted by LA KB24

so im thinking of picking up the wolfs next week with a coupon...or should i wait till they go on sale???

I was going to order the wolf with the Del sol using my 25% code but I think I will wait until the wolf goes on sale first. Doesn't look like they are going anywhere.

Originally Posted by jst628

for those of you sleeping on the Del Sols, i suggest you pick them up soon with the discounts...

man i want them lol but not paying over 100
laugh.gif
too much lebron/ jordan stuff coming out that are more important

just picked up the Lower Merions for 83.97$
pimp.gif
 On sale at Nike Town Scottsdale AZ. Concords are down to 107$ (play fast)

Ok. As promised, here are pics of my Elites. There is no post processing on these pics. I had to get them shot and downloaded before my 3 year old found me. My external flash was low on battery power so the lighting was a complete mess.
After further inspection I noticed what looks like the carbon fiber was bonded on two spots for each of my shoes. It looks like where the heel cup begins to arch is where the seam lines appear. There is one bond on the left shoe that is a little more noticeable that any of the others. I'm not saying this is the case for every Elite out there. Hell, I probably just have a crappy set
laugh.gif
. I understand some of us are more maticulous than others so I hope these photos help those who want to know what we were talking about earlier. These seam lines don't bother me much. They are hardly noticeable, but then again this is strictly my opinion.

Left Shoe:

Right Shoe:

Originally Posted by BeauThaShow

just picked up the Lower Merions for 83.97$ :NTHat On sale at Nike Town Scottsdale AZ. Concords are down to 107$ (play fast)
thats a great price on those, i would love them at that number...

PB3 thanks for the pics... Looks like this might be the case with many pairs then? Not a huge deal, but for $200 it shouldn't be an issue. Nike should have put out a damn near perfect pair of shoes. I'm not one to complain about glue stains or small imperfections, but that is uncalled for IMO.

by the way, what size is your pair?

Tried on the Away elites.

I would say comparable to the regular VII's but because the materials seem "harder," they feel snugger/tighter even going a half size up. I also went a half size up with the regular VII's.

Haven't tried tightening the laces, but the heel lockdown is definitely good.

Originally Posted by s dubl

PB3 thanks for the pics... Looks like this might be the case with many pairs then? Not a huge deal, but for $200 it shouldn't be an issue. Nike should have put out a damn near perfect pair of shoes. I'm not one to complain about glue stains or small imperfections, but that is uncalled for IMO.

by the way, what size is your pair?

I completely agree. With the economy being the worst it's been in 3 generations Nike should feel very fortunate that their customers are willing to spend this type of money. I'm a size 11.

Originally Posted by CRH1979

So Kobe sits and let's KD take his 3rd scoring title in a row, guess Nike is riding the KD hype train right now as much as they can

Kobe to KD... "You're Welcome".

Originally Posted by LA KB24

Originally Posted by leothegod

Originally Posted by jst628

for those of you sleeping on the Del Sols, i suggest you pick them up soon with the discounts...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jakethibedeau/6967967772/
man i want them lol but not paying over 100
laugh.gif
too much lebron/ jordan stuff coming out that are more important

indifferent.gif
 at the lebron comment
im a kobe fan but those Black Elites
pimp.gif
... perfect with my Brees Jersey
laugh.gif

Damnit.... Looks like there's a chance I might have to live with the seam if I can get another pair
frown.gif
the aways are too sick in person to not have. Hopefully I can get two and just send the worse pair back....

Originally Posted by s dubl

Damnit.... Looks like there's a chance I might have to live with the seam if I can get another pair
frown.gif
the aways are too sick in person to not have. Hopefully I can get two and just send the worse pair back....

yea, just keep them for now, just in case you can't grab another one.

I like the Away Kobe's more than the Lebron's since pics surfaced, and now that I've seen both in person, it's been validated.

Jus read a few pages back that the orange n the volt pairs arent coming no more but that ugly black grey n concord pair is still coming out?! WTH is wrong nikes thinking smh

Originally Posted by PB3

Ok. As promised, here are pics of my Elites. There is no post processing on these pics. I had to get them shot and downloaded before my 3 year old found me. My external flash was low on battery power so the lighting was a complete mess.
After further inspection I noticed what looks like the carbon fiber was bonded on two spots for each of my shoes. It looks like where the heel cup begins to arch is where the seam lines appear. There is one bond on the left shoe that is a little more noticeable that any of the others. I'm not saying this is the case for every Elite out there. Hell, I probably just have a crappy set
laugh.gif
. I understand some of us are more maticulous than others so I hope these photos help those who want to know what we were talking about earlier. These seam lines don't bother me much. They are hardly noticeable, but then again this is strictly my opinion.

Left Shoe:

Right Shoe:
          nice pics man. seems like our pairs are alike w those breaks in CF but its a clean connection. overall i like how these came out.

i got my pair today for the away elites. first i checked the CF, there's a break but it was smoothen out, hardly even noticeable but the lines where they are cut above and below are rough. kinda wish they would have sanded it down for a smooth clean cut. i tried them on, not as snug as the regular 7's in the midsole but a lot tighter in the heel and ankle area. i got same size w my regular 7's but they seem to be more comfortable than them. heel lockdown is really good.

Originally Posted by nikemike715

Originally Posted by CRH1979

So Kobe sits and let's KD take his 3rd scoring title in a row, guess Nike is riding the KD hype train right now as much as they can

Kobe to KD... "You're Welcome".
we don't have or need scoring titles colorways, we get finals and rings colorways

I seriously wonder how many people are gonna get the Kobe and Lebron Elites...i think they will sit for a bit....the price tag really throws ppl away

Back
Top Bottom