The Official NT Beat Thread Vol.2..-~-..-~-.Dope Beats Only!

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

For everyone here that would make a song... would you do a beat than lyrics or the other way around?

Beat then lyrics IMO... You can ride the beat better that way.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Jw, how do y'all go about sampling? 

if you know how to make a non sampled beat, think of it as the same thing. all your doing is finding parts of a sample that fit with the beat. its really no different then playing an instrument. the easiest way to practice sampling is to loop a section of a sample over and over and put a drum and snare on it. then you can add more parts of the sample as you go along.

no I mean like going about it legally. Or does it not matter unless you're making money off of it?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

no I mean like going about it legally. Or does it not matter unless you're making money off of it?

yea basically if you are trying/planning to make a serious profit off the sample or go commercial with it, then you'd want to get the sample cleared. sometimes you can get away with it if you can make the sample unrecognizable. but if your planning on making a song for home use or someones small project, id say you wont have to worry. i sample tons of music but it doesnt get heard on a large scale so i dont have to worry.

Made a post a few weeks back regarding a Mixtape project I'm currently help put together ... Working w/ PLAN (Idk his actual NT sn) on a couple of serious jawns for the tape, and i wanted to see if anyone was interested in flipping a track ...

I'd love to challenge any NT producers to flip this track Miike Snow "Burial"

14o5c0x.jpg

(I can't get this damn thing to embed @ work)

(www.mediafire.com/?ymmnaz0mmlz

Feel free to be as creative as you like, but i was hearing the 1st 4 bar loop as the main section to flip ... The winner will be featured on the mixtape, and I would also like to discuss working with you on future projects, as well as possible exposure w/ A&R's I interact with.

Use soundcloud or w.e you'd like to post in this thread or the original thread i made for this http://niketalk.com/topic/301567/CALLING--NT-PRODUCERS-MIIKE-SNOW-SAMPLE-FLIP-CHALLENGE-SUBMI

Let's hear what y'all can do and work

just switched from reason to logic. intro type beat �I guess On some Nine inch nails/drake type steez. high hats com in at 1:10 mark. not done with the beat yet though. still getting used to logic. You can do so much
eek.gif

DRIFTER by ABRAHAM WATTS

heard some dope stuff in here though i never post my own...

i was wondering though: who here does this for money? i commend those folks, but

i give beats out for free all the time to try and help others while helping myself...if they get heard, i get heard.

once a track record is built the money will come imo.

hope to work with some of you in the near future...

Teflan those tracks are dope, especially the one u and time did... keep grinding bro....

Heres a beat preview of a beat im currently looking to sell...

Back
Top Bottom