The Official NT Beat Thread Vol.2..-~-..-~-.Dope Beats Only!

a lot of good material posted in here
pimp.gif

been gone for a while and im still relatively new to this. anyways check out that Bump and Mr. Lin. oh and if anyone could give me pointers on how to mixbeats, hit up the inbox because i havent the slightest clue on how to do that.
bT*xJmx*PTExMTI1OTAwMzc5MzcmcHQ9MTExMjU5MDA*MzY4NyZwPTE1ODM2MSZkPSZnPTEmdD*mbz*3YTA2YjYxNjMxZGE*ODE5OWVlNTUzNjdkOTZmZjFlYg==.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]MeloMan[/color] - I'm on my laptop speakers and I can tell thedrums knock. I can also tell that the high-hats are too sharp. Cut the highs or middle. But the melody is real paddy and i like that.
On an NT scale (8/10)

[color= rgb(0, 0, 102)]FinesseSosa[/color] - I've heard some of the Baron Boys workfrom iLLi's Mixtape and "The Outro"'s one of my favorite joints on that tape. I remember when I @#*#$# with PMP but it got too expensive forme, I wasn't puttin the money I made back into it.

But anyways...From what I listened to "Tryna See It All" is definitely a cool track. The hook def. complimentsthe feel of it. But it got a lil boring. (7.8/10)
Now the "Steppin Out The Phantom" joint is tough, real gritty and @!%! I'm feelin that. (8.5/10)

[color= rgb(0, 102, 0)]Plan[/color] - "Effort" is real mellow. You're realgood at what you do and you def. got your own sound which a lot of people don't. But [color= rgb(0, 102, 0)]WHAT SAMPLE IS THAT? IS IT TWO?[/color] Cause that violinwas in Nas' "Get Down" right? But yea, you get an (7.6/10) for "Effort". Now, "Side 2" is tough. The drums are dope. Remindsme of that Bump J "Move Around" joint. (I know a lot of cats hate when people do that [Myself include] but yea dope
laugh.gif
(7.9/10)

[color= rgb(102, 51, 102)]Xxplosive[/color] - "KS in the building" let mehear that OG sample, fam. Sounds good but just let me hear what the OG sound like... (7/10)
"We Can't Stop Now" Ehh, I like how you on that wave of samplin' fairly recent songs. Alot of peoplecan't do that. But yea ehh (Myself Included) (6/10)
"Put Em People" is cool too, I like the changes and it's real different. (7/10)

[color= rgb(204, 204, 51)]Sosunox34[/color] - Just started? From the piano, two thebell, to the drums its all very...[color= rgb(204, 204, 51)]"dry"[/color] Compress the drums and add some reverb to them instruments (Not too much tho) then see how everything sounds. (5.5/10)

[color= rgb(255, 51, 0)]SCHWAP[/color] - Everything sounds too all over the place. Thesample sounds cool but the random synth, clap, the way the sample was chopped, Its too cluttered. (6/10)

[color= rgb(255, 0, 153)]Yung MJ 5[/color] - "Up The Hill" - Ehh, needs to bemixed better. Sounds distorted and everything is all over the place. (6/10)
"Who Made That?" - You made that? 5/10

[color= rgb(102, 51, 0)]LOSTPOWERCITY[/color] - "Bump" - Sounds lazy. The drumsare straight but be more creative with it.(5/10)
"Mr. Lin" - The energy is definitely there and the drop was dope. I don't like the way you chopped thesample. (You got that sample from here? Sounds familiar) Change up was dope tho. (6.5/10) When you're mixing think about how you want the track to feel. Idon't know what program you use so I can't really get into specifics.

My homies are droppin a Mixtape soon and I did about 75-80% of the tracks on there so I'm real excited to present that material to my NT Fam. It should bedope, I gave em some heat. I'll post up a snippet of one of the beats I used in a sec.

Overall tho, Keep it up!

EDIT:
" Man Enough"

84135b59e333cf15d3acb014f4d43c410450175.gif

The sample, Synchopated Drums, Synth all mesh really well.

posting beats without giving feedback to others?
indifferent.gif

what happpppened round here?

sonunox34 - i like that you used some crazy sounds. iwould've beefed up the low range...seems like there's no bass. but it could just be my crappy monitors.
laugh.gif

PLAN - your myspace wasn't working

xxplosiveMusik - tell me baby = very nice.

[table][tr][td]melomanDNVnuggets[/td] [td]- like the synth a lot. as was said earlier, a bassline would be nice.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Osh Kosh Bosh - a very different approach to that song. i like.

if you guys could check out my mr. me too remix, as well as my other joints, it would be greatly apprciated.
http://myspace.com/bobathreat

thanks for the feedback, hypebeast. i use fruity loops 7 and i have cool edit pro but i havent touched it yet. yeah i got the sample from here a while ago.brucelee, that mr me too beat is sick, but i think i sounded weird on that song.

Originally Posted by LOSTPOWERCITY

yeah maybe if it was over different lyrics. i like "it aint bouncing at warp speed". that beat fit perfectly.
thanks, but unfortunately, that beat isn't me. it's by the bloody beetroots.
"it ain't bouncing at warp speed" is just a mix by me.

melomanDNVnu
Static Nature prod by Marty McFly 2.0 I likethis the main melody gets a little repetitive after a couple bars you liven up by varying your drum pattern a bit more.

FinesseSosa
Down, Down: Very smooth, the guitar synth you used on this is that piff
pimp.gif

Tryna See It All ft. Drake: The chopping on the hook is very well done, I think would some crisper snares on this would really set it off.�
I Want It: Your Rnb stuff goes really really hard. nice job

Plan
clearly one of the more polished producers here not much to nitpick here loved Free and the way you used the break on dot your eyes was sick, your mixing hasgotten really really good...

xxplosiveMusik

KS in the building: somthing seems off key in certain parts, the break down you have the middle is a nicetouch.
We can't stop now: I dunno sometimes I feel your leaving off the tropes of what "gere" your in. Everything sounds so in dunno factory fresh.

sonunox34
Ron Winter TV: I like what you got there I think you definatley gotta work on your mixing but I like it so far.

YuNg MJ 5
I really like the way you pattern your drums, im assuming these are mostly composed if so I think you gotta work on that aspect of your beatmaking.

[table][tr][td]LOSTPOWERCITY[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Mr Lin:� The drums are way way too lound on that, and generally and the lin voice sample is just kinda annoying
Reborn is probably my favorite outta the joints you posted mainly becuase it's far subbdued and less in your face.

brucelee3411

The guitar on Mistah mean sound really really familiar is that a sample? I like it though really creative the mizing needs work but I like it.
March 20th is really nice, really fits the acapella, but I would turn down the kicks

Hey I think I've really started to develop a sound.

the song is called Bleeding tell me what y'all think.

Bleeding - Rijn

Osh Kosh Bosh - thanks man. yea my mixing sucks. i have no monitors! haha.computer speakers/headphones FTL.
and yea the sample is from 1901 by phoenix.
the bleeding love remix is sick btw. great in fact.

My boy is looking for a nice down South, dance/strip club beat. If anyone has one or knows about a dope one, hit meup...

Feed Me BEATS!

I'm working on my mixtape and I need a few more bangers to tie it all together. I still have to do a really deep, introspective, storytype track and make some more "trunk music". What's good NT? PM
nerd.gif

someone throw me a beat im bored as hell ... pm me with some throw aways i dont care anything to get me unborded lol

Damn i slacked and just saw the critique on The Baron Boys stuff...

good look Osh Kosh & Hypebeast. (ill let both of them know of what yall said)

I need to critique some other peoples work by tonight i will...

There's some new joints on the www.TheBaronBoys.com btw. (Im YourMan, Always On Your Mind, First Flight)

CalibaStresz - That joint confused me, homie. Its not bad but I can't really rock with it. (EDIT: Just peeped you saidits suppose to be an interlude type thing. That makes more sense)

AjayOnes - I Only listened to the really expensive tracks
laugh.gif
. Dope $*$% as usual. One of the more polished/industryready cats on NT.

OshKosh - The beat for the remix is good, but I feel like the song doesn't mesh well with it
ohwell.gif
Like Steak and IceCream you know?

My contribution:

Gone Hate:

Back
Top Bottom