The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely understand what you're saying. But I also think it's completely natural for sports media to discuss what he's actually doing basketball-wise most prominently :lol:

Having to then comment on what he does philanthropically as a caveat is just odd.

Really it comes up when discussing him in general. Not when he has an off night or anything.

“Kyrie is weird”
“Kyrie said cancel the season”
“Kyrie needed PTO”

The Bulls clearly have a full on outbreak and are still traveling from city to city playing games

WTF is the NBA doing?
HIM HIM

1639410498940.gif

Having to then comment on what he does philanthropically as a caveat is just odd.

Lines can get blurred because there are bad actors, in the media and on Niketalk there are many folks that only speak negatively about certain individuals or organizations. So even if you are unbiased, if you say something about one of those individuals/organizations, it's often assumed you're a hater and lumped into the group of bad actors when it's really not that black and white.

Really it comes up when discussing him in general. Not when he has an off night or anything.

“Kyrie is weird”
“Kyrie said cancel the season”
“Kyrie needed PTO”

I don't think those statements are ill-intentioned, though. If my friends began posting cryptic messages, saying the earth was flat and things going against science I would call think there was something off. If one of my direct reports took an abrupt absence without informing and limited communication I would think it was unprofessional while also being concerned about them, mentally and physically.

Now am I saying my friend/direct report (or Kyrie) shouldn't speak freely or take time to get their affairs in order? No. It's just the manner in which they go about doing it. That makes all the difference.

Nah he’s good. It’s cool to joke about him but he puts his money up

But they won’t talk about that tho, which to me if they’re going to tell a story to attempt to paint a narrative, they should tell everything.

Always throwing shade at the black man. Kyrie actually putting in work and utilizing his money /connectiont to help the subjugated and people still want to make disparaging statements. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I don't think those statements are ill-intentioned, though. If my friends began posting cryptic messages, saying the earth was flat and things going against science I would call think there was something off. If one of my direct reports took an abrupt absence without informing and limited communication I would think it was unprofessional while also being concerned about them, mentally and physically.

Now am I saying my friend/direct report (or Kyrie) shouldn't speak freely or take time to get their affairs in order? No. It's just the manner in which they go about doing it. That makes all the difference.

i don’t care about the earth being flat. I told my coworkers in a team meeting babe Ruth was black. Should my co workers be concerned?

I like them but I don’t think they’re a good long term fit together.Trade them both for draft picks and start over….They’re the wing version of CJ and Dame.
When I think of teams trying to get a “young core” I always think of Tatum and Brown, I think that it could still work tho if Danny got the right mix of vets around them.

what has Kyrie done that’s negative?

I would love to hear it…

Like its cool and commendable that Kyrie gives back but it doesn’t make him less of a clown when it comes to other issues.Both things can be true.

people mad at myrie just cuz it’s the cool thing to do …no true foundation of hate/dislike just doing what they see the masses doing.

When I think of teams trying to get a “young core” I always think of Tatum and Brown, I think that it could still work tho if Danny got the right mix of vets around them.

The Boston FO gets a lot of crap for not doing more with the Tatum/Brown duo - and some of it is fair - but on paper those two with Kyrie with Gordo Hayward looked really promising.
Wasn’t management’s fault that Hayward snapped his leg his first game in Boston or that Kyrie is Kyrie.

Kemba also seemed like a good signing for them when it happened - I don’t think many of us realized he was already in pre-rinse at the time. Didn’t work out.

So, my point is, it’s not as if they haven’t been trying to get the right group around Brown and Tatum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom