The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming you are keeping Steve/Klay/Pool/Kuminga long term, I don't see why you also need all of Payton/Lee/Texaco while also already having Iggy and Otto. At least one of those dudes is expendable to match some salary.

Also think Looney is fully expendable if you had Turner in tow. Can just run Bjelica + Draymond when Turner isn't out there.

Assuming you are keeping Steve/Klay/Pool/Kuminga long term, I don't see why you also need all of Payton/Lee/Texaco while also already having Iggy and Otto. At least one of those dudes is expendable to match some salary.

Also think Looney is fully expendable if you had Turner in tow. Can just run Bjelica + Draymond when Turner isn't out there.

Nah…

Those guys work because they understand how to play in that system.The expendable pieces are Wiseman & Moody. And if you had a pick or something…you’d throw that with them.

I wouldn’t give up Payton, Lee, JTA for a shot at Turner. That’s the kind of depth that gets you through a season, and sets you up later down the line.

GSW learned from some of the top heavy rosters they had. **** can go left. I understand the playoffs shortens rotations to like 7-8. But this allows for lineup versatility.

If there was anyway to give up Moody/Wiseman & Picks for Turner…without giving up the guys wing institutional knowledge…I’d do it.

Looney is a hell of a fit. And he’s for real better as a backup C, that can slide as a starter at anytime. Too valuable

Guess I just don't really get why you need to be like 15 players deep :lol:

Can easily get rid of ONE of those bench dudes. The wheels aren't going to all of the sudden fall off.

If you traded Wiseman/Moody/Payton for Turner, you'd have a startling lineup of Steve/Klay/Wiggins/Draymond/Turner. Off the bench with Pool/Lee/Texaco/Iggy/Otto/Kuminga/Looneys/Bjelica.

There's definitely a greater problem if you can't get by this season with THAT :lol:

I don't want to say depth is overrated but you're not going 12, or even 10 deep in June.

If you have a chance to win a championship in what seems like a year with no team that's really ahead of the field, I'd go for it.

I don't want to say depth is overrated but you're not going 12, or even 10 deep in June.

If you have a chance to win a championship in what seems like a year with no team that's really ahead of the field, I'd go for it.
If you’ve gotten to the point where you’d be ok with giving up Wiseman and Moody, there’s absolutely no chance you are going to hold up the trade because you don’t want to give up your 12th man :lol:

It’s an absolute no-brainer at THAT point.

Forgot how Turner is, he any good?
He’s one of the best shot blockers in the league and is also shooting 40% from 3. There’s not a ton in-between with him, but it’s an interesting skill set that theoretically fits with Golden St pretty seamlessly. Probably would look even better defensively playing alongside Draymond instead of Sabonis too.

I’m surprised the Pacers haven’t blown it up earlier. They’ve been in perennial ok-decent territory ever since PG left
They’re basically never healthy. I get how front office would want to wait to see how they look with all their pieces. Just hasn’t happened and probably won’t.

Along with everybody else, I also never thought the Sabonis/Turner pairing would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom