The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

B67A58F8-F9F7-443E-9BE7-E4857369B09F.jpeg
So I lied. I ended up getting the Sony G 24-105 constant f/4 lens after an hour long lens comparison at my Best Buy using my camera. I tested the 70-300 G, the regular 24-240 f/3.5-6.3, and the G 24-105.

What won me over was the astounding sharpness of the G 24-105 that is so good edge to edge even wide open at 24mm that many claim it’s as good to identical to the Sony G Master 24-70 f/2.8. I’m not even worried about low light with the f/4 because I use a custom picture profile that destroys in low light that basically makes my a7Mk3 perform like a pseudo A7SMk2. Also the autofocus is quick with almost no focus breathing which is the advantage with going with an FE mount native lens as opposed to a Sigma ART or Tamron FE lens.

This lens is tack freaking sharp and the bokeh when zoomed in to 105 is incredible. This totally changes my mind about zoom lenses. As long as you have a top quality one paired with a top quality camera, you’ll not miss your primes too much and still have the versatility of variable focal lengths...and no “zooming with your feet” isn’t the end all solution.

I’ll post a sample pic I took shooting while driving through a semi-dirty windshield, and it’s still crazy how sharp it came out. It’s in 42MP uncompressed RAW, need to downsize or take a screenshot for it to fit on NT.

4300EBC6-D581-4025-9514-B3405FA28651.jpeg
Screenshot from my iPhone of the photo. I use LR and Photoshop from my phone when I’m too impatient to wait to get home to edit on my iMAC Pro.

Remember this is just a shot I took while driving because I was too excited to wait and take a composed pic. Mind you this is through a dirty windshield.

So I'm going to upgrade my Sony A6000 and I'm probably going to go for the A7III + 55mm Zeiss lens.

Is there any point in waiting for the A7IV? I feel like the only think missing from the A7III is real time tracking and 4K60 but those are not the biggest deal breakers.
I'm also not sure of Sony's update cycle. I thought it was every 3 years but it looks like there may be an A9II if Alpha Rumors is correct.

4300EBC6-D581-4025-9514-B3405FA28651.jpeg
Screenshot from my iPhone of the photo. I use LR and Photoshop from my phone when I’m too impatient to wait to get home to edit on my iMAC Pro.

Remember this is just a shot I took while driving because I was too excited to wait and take a composed pic. Mind you this is through a dirty windshield.
My dude ... from what you posted, it is yours, you have some great gear. However, I ask, have you ever owned anything when you was younger?

Like you have an overwhelming need to always brag about what you have, even when there's no necessity to do it. Who are you trying to impress?

I always try to skip over your post, but **** when I do want to read them is like the same old ****.

a ND filter is something I should have bought a looooong time ago lol

a6500 going strong, no need for a change yet.

any good resources for lr editing?

I'll post a couple of my post pics

B67A58F8-F9F7-443E-9BE7-E4857369B09F.jpeg

This lens is tack freaking sharp and the bokeh when zoomed in to 105 is incredible. This totally changes my mind about zoom lenses. As long as you have a top quality one paired with a top quality camera, you’ll not miss your primes too much and still have the versatility of variable focal lengths...and no “zooming with your feet” isn’t the end all solution.
That is how I feel about my 70-200M ver 3. It's damn sharp for a zoom and rivals with my primes. As of late, I mostly shoot with zooms with my Tamron 15-30 and my Canon 70-200. If I had an RF mount, I would get the new 15-35mm f/2.8, 28-70 f/2 and their 70-200 to do the holy trinity. It would just cost me an arm and a leg.

My dude ... from what you posted, it is yours, you have some great gear. However, I ask, have you ever owned anything when you was younger?

Like you have an overwhelming need to always brag about what you have, even when there's no necessity to do it. Who are you trying to impress?

I always try to skip over your post, but **** when I do want to read them is like the same old ****.

My fellow NT brother. I have learned that in life some people aren’t going to like me and what I do for whatever reason that may be...and that’s their right to do so. Regardless of how or what you think of me, I don’t harbor any ill feelings towards you.

I’ll say this in parting since you brought up age...there’s only one age that matters...Alive ❤️ God bless bro.

That is how I feel about my 70-200M ver 3. It's damn sharp for a zoom and rivals with my primes. As of late, I mostly shoot with zooms with my Tamron 15-30 and my Canon 70-200. If I had an RF mount, I would get the new 15-35mm f/2.8, 28-70 f/2 and their 70-200 to do the holy trinity. It would just cost me an arm and a leg.

Yes very true Fong$tarr, when you consider that you can still get shallow depth of field when you’re zoomed all the way in while close to your subject, you’re only really missing out on a wide aperture and the relative low light performance that results from that. Still love my primes, just happy to have opened up to the zooms, it makes me a better photographer. I like Tamron! And Sigma as well

CB282100-4367-42C2-8195-5D5A0DD7032A.jpeg

With a size that’s small enough to fit in the footprint of an iPhone the Sony RX1RMk2 is a powerhouse of a camera. With a 42MP Full Frame sensor and a Zeiss sourced 35mm f/2 fixed lens, and convenience features such as a dedicated aperture dial and pop-up viewfinder it’s in a class with only a few competitors. The newly updated Leica Q2 the successor to the Q bests it with a 47MP FF sensor with a wider and faster 27mm f/1.7 fixed lens, and the ability to shoot in 4K.

I predict the RX1RMk3 will have the 61MP sensor found in the A7RMk4 as well as 4K video, though overheating could be an issue in such a small body.

These are perfect for discreet street photography and in situations where you don’t want to lug around a full sized DSLR or the larger sized mirrorless cameras, but you still want top notch IQ.

U really doing it fam

How does the drone business work?
What do customers ask for?

Thanks brother. Basically I do a range of drone related functions including mapping/aerial surveying, infrared inspections, and commercial real estate and luxury real estate marketing.

My latest venture is a production company for creating social commentary documentaries, that’s why I’ve been gearing up.

Also let me say this, I remember there was a time in this thread when peeps had 5Ds and all these nice cameras...I loved when they would show them and speak on their capabilities...I couldn’t cop them at the time but it motivated me to make moves in my life that I would someday be able to experience high end photog equipment. I was truly happy for the homies even though I wasn’t on their level. Guys like Ksteezy and Fong and a few others.

Thanks brother. Basically I do a range of drone related functions including mapping/aerial surveying, infrared inspections, and commercial real estate and luxury real estate marketing.

My latest venture is a production company for creating social commentary documentaries, that’s why I’ve been gearing up.

Also let me say this, I remember there was a time in this thread when peeps had 5Ds and all these nice cameras...I loved when they would show them and speak on their capabilities...I couldn’t cop them at the time but it motivated me to make moves in my life that I would someday be able to experience high end photog equipment. I was truly happy for the homies even though I wasn’t on their level. Guys like Ksteezy and Fong and a few others.
i havent been real active in the thread so im not sure if you posted it already, but can u post some work from any agriculture? i love farms and would like to see if you dont mind.

Back
Top Bottom