The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Experimented this weekend with the exposure/highlights.

01E8F165-C272-4A7A-B329-112EB4343E94.jpeg
249FC28F-0615-4F4B-A65D-FA0B95EE55EE.jpeg
AB5820B4-08A0-4DD4-8349-68D1BA564F92.jpeg
D55918ED-FAA5-4B90-B3C7-CC3C9F8FB243.jpeg
EF014839-4A9C-4566-B22B-0412299A68C5.jpeg
656BF570-CEC6-421E-B28E-FA7490A0B317.jpeg
C4A0620F-FECA-450B-AF0F-61A295F7CB98.jpeg
Love some of these

Any recommendations for a good travel tripod? Something compact that I can take with me on mostly hikes, trips, etc.

This is really a hard question to answer cause there are so many tripods out there for different reasons. Like some have a sturdy head, some are carbon, some are smaller, etc. What is your budget? I would say that is the better question to ask.

This is really a hard question to answer cause there are so many tripods out there for different reasons. Like some have a sturdy head, some are carbon, some are smaller, etc. What is your budget? I would say that is the better question to ask.

That's a good question. Still very new to the game, so I guess I don't really know what a good tripod goes for. I'm mostly looking for something I can travel with or take on a hike and not be too weighed down. Doesn't have to be the best. I'm guessing tripods can get pretty expensive.

That's a good question. Still very new to the game, so I guess I don't really know what a good tripod goes for. I'm mostly looking for something I can travel with or take on a hike and not be too weighed down. Doesn't have to be the best. I'm guessing tripods can get pretty expensive.
They do. Not that other things in photography aren't expensive but tripods price ranges get really crazy.

I'll just speak on what I have and it's done the job so far. I have a Mefoto tripod. They have compact travel ones for a good price. I would say these are good for more mirrorless cameras or lighter setups.

I have the classic. It's bigger but I usually mostly use it for landscapes and using my DLSR with a 70-200mm lens. I wouldn't say it is the best for the setup cause the wind can mess with my long exposures but most people never use long lenses like I do for long exposures. Still, it is a good tripod to me and the aluminum ones are $220 with the carbon ones being at $370 which was in my budget. I've seen some of the carbon ones with the huge ball heads and they reach well over $500 which is crazy to me.

Anyone here edits on an iPad? The new ones look crazy and the size and ease makes me want to get one but how’s editing a full gig on them with Lr/PS?

I have a Canon 5D (old I know) and I want to upgrade to a 5DIV. How much is a fair price? Do you guys know of a listing near you? Shoot it my way. I want one asap, same with a Mavic Pro 2.

Thank you!

If I send the original of this photo could anyone do me a solid and make it look somewhat decent? Went to Muir Woods yesterday and just sh*t the bed. I thought I somewhat knew what I was doing but I just could not get things right. None of my photos really turned out. This was the best I could do in Lightroom.

A8448269-85D3-41C8-89D6-EA62999F5E53.jpeg

If I send the original of this photo could anyone do me a solid and make it look somewhat decent? Went to Muir Woods yesterday and just sh*t the bed. I thought I somewhat knew what I was doing but I just could not get things right. None of my photos really turned out. This was the best I could do in Lightroom.

A8448269-85D3-41C8-89D6-EA62999F5E53.jpeg

what? Why?

its pretty decent as it is, what would you want done to that? You would be drastically changing the photo with a hard edit, sky would be different and the green on the trees would pop more but it wouldn’t be anything different from what people are doing on Twitter and calling photography. If I were you I would make make this black and white, and edit from there I think it would capture some really great depth, but I could be wrong

Back
Top Bottom