The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Adobo - no softbox, just window light
smile.gif

It's amazing how powerful natural light is, once you can manage with just natural light, you've learned the hardest part if photography.
just about

went to have some sushi and sukiyaki yesterday as well as test out my new 5D mark ii. the noise performance of FF truly can't be touched by crop bodies. these were taken at ISO 6400 with minor clean up in LR3.
5875393652_3ee8c81b33_b.jpg

5874838201_68f01967d2_b.jpg

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Originally Posted by JRHodges11

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Just a question regarding fitment. I was at the thrift store the other day and I saw a bunch of old cameras and such. What I'm wondering, are flashes and lenses interchangeable? Can I use an old canon flash or lens from a film camera, and put it on my dslr? Also, if so, how much different would they be? Is that technology considered greatly inferior?

Yea man you might not wanna use the flashes I read up on that because I was thinking of doing the same thing but they say alot of the older flashes have more voltage output then the newer dslr's can tolerate so theres a chance it could fry your camera

So nay on the flashes? How would I know if they're ever compatible? As for lenses, how about those?

Hey guys, i've been lurkin in this thread for a while now. I just got my first DLSR the T2i last month, been practicing...reading...practicing...reading...trying my best to get as good as possible in the least amount of time possible...but i know it takes years of experience to get to an elite level.

Anywhoo, i just set up my flickr and i added a lot of you guys as contacts so feel free to add me back. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/renehsance 
smile.gif

Heres my first official set, a album i made of my brothers little dog. I tried experimenting with diff things in PS but for the most part i didn't wanna try and do too much. Just wanted to see what you guys thought of my progress so far as a begginer?

Any comments on any of the pics would be greatly appreciated, and I will follow back on flickr for those who i havent already added. 
smile.gif

Tried to do some high-speed shots last week... The sun setting didn't help... 
I probably took 400+ shots but only liked a handful... 

ohwell.gif
 Leave it to the pros... 

Well i finally pulled the trigger on a DSLR
smile.gif
...trying to shoot as much as i can with different settings, i heard thats the best way to learn
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

So I've had my D3100 since Christmas and have yet to really get involved with it. All I do is Point & Shoot.
I don't really understand anything else.
Can anyone guide me to a tutorial where I can fully utilize this camera?

YouTube helped me alot. Its nice to put a visual with what you've read.I'm using a D3100 fyi

Originally Posted by WISHEZZ

So I've had my D3100 since Christmas and have yet to really get involved with it. All I do is Point & Shoot.

YouTube helped me alot. Its nice to put a visual with what you've read. I'm using a D3100 fyi
That's what I was doing last night. Someone in here posted  a nice link to froknowsphoto or something like that and that helped a lot.
Since you have the same camera as me maybe you can help me out because I couldn't figure out how to do this.

When the camera is in manual mode how do you turn the flash on? I kept going to info and would press okay on flash and nothing would happen. I think I'm missing something.

Originally Posted by WISHEZZ

YouTube helped me alot. Its nice to put a visual with what you've read. I'm using a D3100 fyi
That's what I was doing last night. Someone in here posted  a nice link to froknowsphoto or something like that and that helped a lot.
Since you have the same camera as me maybe you can help me out because I couldn't figure out how to do this.

When the camera is in manual mode how do you turn the flash on? I kept going to info and would press okay on flash and nothing would happen. I think I'm missing something.

I just got a D3100 last month (press the Flash button to the left of where the flash comes out)

See Here

@Dunks r nice - Great Set
@Fongstarr - I've got to make it up there too to grab a couple shots of the mural

Been covering more events lately. Click the pics to see the full sets.

Mucha Sol Mucha Chicas

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Originally Posted by gunitg23

Beginner here.

1 by triplebeamdream_, on Flickr

2 by triplebeamdream_, on Flickr

Not sure what you were trying to do here, but the flowers aren't in focus at all.
I know currently working with a Canon powershot SX130 IS and still have a lot of learning to do
I should be picking up a Nikon D3100 this Friday for $200

Im in the Philippines for three weeks, so I kinda got back into photography here.
Check out my Tumblr if interested, I started one just for this vacation
laugh.gif

d-soriano.tumblr.com

Back
Top Bottom