The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

5917130121_9ca6cec5de_b.jpg

5914304847_60264a1371_b.jpg

just copped a t31... anybody can recommend me a decent wide angle lens ? looking for 17-23 with not so high aperture.. my budget is only 500 bucks.. thanks

Tokina 11-16 f1.8 if you could raise your budget to around $650

*edit* like I said my b on the typo, meant to say 2.8 not 1.8.. Sorry for the confusion

Originally Posted by bl1nk

thanks bro.. so technically whats really the diff between tokina and canon. is tokina like the lower end lenses or canon is just up there cos of its name?

Originally Posted by realtalkjohnny

thanks bro.. so technically whats really the diff between tokina and canon. is tokina like the lower end lenses or canon is just up there cos of its name?

Tokina is just a 3rd party lens company. That lens is legit though and there is no Canon lens with that range and price. Built like a tank too so there really isn't anything generic about it. I don't think anyone is really disappointed with getting that lens.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Tokina is just a 3rd party lens company. That lens is legit though and there is no Canon lens with that range and price. Built like a tank too so there really isn't anything generic about it. I don't think anyone is really disappointed with getting that lens.
ok. so im currently looking for the 1.8 that blink suggested on that range but this is what i see now http://www.adorama.com/TN1116EOS.html  f 2.8 ..  not badd huh? 

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

ok. so im currently looking for the 1.8 that blink suggested on that range but this is what i see now http://www.adorama.com/TN1116EOS.html  f 2.8 ..  not badd huh? 
it's a fun lens
tumblr_lnm91y4vOB1qerzg8o1_1280.jpg

^Probably one of my favorite shots this entire trip.

Check out my Tumblr for more photos of my trip to the Philippines:

"Nifty-Fifty" in the Philippines.

Someone help!

I have like a piece of dust or something somewhere on the inside of my camera thats affecting some of my pictures.

Seems only to show up during brights shots, especially in landscapes or the sky.

Ive been forced to keep it in mind and its killing a lot of points of view for me.

I dont have much to clean it with even if I knew where the problem is.

Any suggestions? Oh, and heres an example:

(Its that dark blot in the island on the top left 
embarassed.gif
)

^^^How old is your cam my Pentax has a dust removal feature that keeps mine clean maybe try something like that first its under my settings 

Hey what's up guys? I'm new to photography, although I've always been interested in it.

I'm looking for my first camera but I don't really know where to start. I wanna start off with something good because this is something I wanna do for a while.

What about the Cannon T2i? Any suggestions? Help?

thanks

EDIT: btw I plan on using my cam for video just as much as taking pics

Originally Posted by onlyXVbutHAVEallXIX

Someone help!

I have like a piece of dust or something somewhere on the inside of my camera thats affecting some of my pictures.

Seems only to show up during brights shots, especially in landscapes or the sky.

Ive been forced to keep it in mind and its killing a lot of points of view for me.

I dont have much to clean it with even if I knew where the problem is.

Any suggestions? Oh, and heres an example:

(Its that dark blot in the island on the top left 
embarassed.gif
)

Happens to all of us. Fear not.
Grab one of these, take off the lens, and blow air in each corner of the sensor GENTLY. 

Spend the money on the Giottos because air only travels one way through the bellows so you're not blowing dusty air onto your sensor.

DO NOT TOUCH YOUR SENSOR.

here are some re-edits of some previous shots. always nice to take on a new perspective on old work. i'd appreciate any feedback you guys have as well 
nerd.gif

5925561349_63de241a74_z.jpg

5925514201_fd5e70e65d_z.jpg

5926050946_bf21bc7017_z.jpg

5925632397_7d73ffb598_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom